• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What to Expect game 2.

Diesel

• Premium Member

We are going to have a tough time beating these guys over the series period because of the talent level difference. But there is a important key point that has come into play here that I will give the GM credit for...........................

WE have players with basketball IQ

• Like 1

We are going to have a tough time beating these guys over the series period because of the talent level difference. But there is a important key point that has come into play here that I will give the GM credit for...........................

WE have players with basketball IQ

And we have the better offensive players...I'm not convinced the pacers can get on a roll scoring wise without the refs help.

Pacers offense has been bad 2 years in a row. They aren't a scoring team and they show no threat on the offensive end outside of Paul George.

• Like 1

Looking at Tony Parker blow past the Mavericks gave me goosebumps thinking about Teague. Budenholzer knew this kid was a dawg a long time ago. He just needed the right time to hit the switch on Jeff. I heard during the pregame he told Jeff that its HIS team and he controls how good the machine runs. Gotta give it up to coach. I think Jeffs been waiting on those words for years. Paul George will become worn down if he has to guard Blink. It would give us an advantage on every end of the floor.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I think defense changes are coming and it's either going to be Paul George or lance on Teague for the majority of the game and DMC will probably have the mismatch all game and I like DMC chances against George hill!

DMC is a old fashion offense guy. When he gets into a rhythm he can knock his shots down all day. He is going to get more open looks next game.

I'm predicting lance or P George on Teague next game and the other on Korver. DMC will be guarded by point guards next game unless they run lance at pg and start turner.

• Like 1

I think defense changes are coming and it's either going to be Paul George or lance on Teague for the majority of the game and DMC will probably have the mismatch all game and I like DMC chances against George hill!

DMC is a old fashion offense guy. When he gets into a rhythm he can knock his shots down all day. He is going to get more open looks next game.

I'm predicting lance or P George on Teague next game and the other on Korver. DMC will be guarded by point guards next game unless they run lance at pg and start turner.

Whomever they decide will have a small impact on offense because there will be a ton of energy wasted keeping up with Teague. Another factor would be foul trouble for the wings. Vogel will have to make a big decision between George and Stephenson. The ol double edged sword is swinging at the Pacers. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

If George is on Teague I would literally run Teague off of multiple off the ball screens ala Korver just to beat George up then allow Teague to drive and kick just to drain George's energy for the offensive end. Literally make PG work like a dog on defense

• Like 1

The fact we are talking about Indy having to adjust sooo much to us: PG on Teague, less minutes for Hibbert etc. - is a win for us.

Lol you are right about that my friend! Teague out there causing problems!.....in a good way!

According to Paul George "The Hawks played as well as they could play" shok.gif .

13 assists, 12 turnovers, 14 bench points, 11-30 from 3? - yeah riiiight.

Paul George needs a reality check. I heard him saying he thought we played as good as we could. He's just trying to get us rattled, ain't gonna work. PG also went fishing yesterday lol. I guess he wanted to send TNT a fresh pic of himself and the Pacers "Gone fishing" when we beat them. TNT should thank him for the photo, no photoshop needed :-)

Ps Paul George could also use a forehead.....just sayin....:-/

• Premium Member

According to Paul George "The Hawks played as well as they could play" shok.gif .

13 assists, 12 turnovers, 14 bench points, 11-30 from 3? - yeah riiiight.

This is great. As long as they think it was just a fluke, they are in for another beatN.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Teague HAS to know Paul George is going to be on him next game. Which means DMC will have a mismatch. Teague is going to have to continue to be aggressive and make good key passes. Hawks need to make the open shots when given the opportunity.

I think coach bud is smart enough to know that George will be on Teague and I'm sure he has told him that. He's probably seen tons of defense changes on Parker. So Teague will be ready.

As for defense goes hawks just need to keep challenging all their shots and STAY away from foul trouble. The pacers are going to try to get them in foul trouble more so now because they lost game 1.

Our bench need to come in and do their best.

Not really concerned even of they switch PG on Teague. I'm more worried about the bogus foul calls. Teague can get around Paul George, George isn't quick enough.

In short, we need to continually catch them in a switch with Hill on Millsap and let Millsap score 120.

• Premium Member

I have a feeling that we will see Lance on Teague and PG on Korver... with Hill on DMC.

If PG is on Korver, we better recognize the problem of the run out.

Lance is a good on ball defender, he's fast but can he keep up with Teague? I think Lance's mission will be to be as physical as he can be with Teague. IF he gets called early, they may switch to PG just to see if he can physical Teague without getting called.

I don't know if they really have an answer for Millsap/Antić except sitting Roy and going small. This is where they miss Granger. However, look for them to play Scola on Antić and West on Sap for a majority of the game.

I think our Strong package has a 4/5 PNP... we should use that to make their bigs think... I don't know if Scola can.

I like the writer that compared us to the 1999 Knicks. The ones that gelled at the right time and ran us out of the playoffs despite being much lower seeded because we had no answer for the speed of Sprewell. Teague can do the same thing all series long to the Pacers. They have no answer other than injure him.

• Premium Member

I like the writer that compared us to the 1999 Knicks. The ones that gelled at the right time and ran us out of the playoffs despite being much lower seeded because we had no answer for the speed of Sprewell. Teague can do the same thing all series long to the Pacers. They have no answer other than injure him.

That was also Lenny's worst coaching job.. Mookie got hurt, Hendo got blinded, Smitty's Knees were shot, and this was a strike shortened season.... We had just had a physical war with the Pistons and limped out.

But Crawford made 8 Million dollars in 2 qtrs of work!!!!

4Mill per qtr.

Edited by Diesel

Indy may resort to implementing a zone to limit Teague's penetration. It would be the first time this season they would employ it.

The primary reason to utilize a zone, Vogel said, would be to keep Roy Hibbert in front of the rim, where he can defend layups. That would require Hibbert's four teammates to defend five players, which would seem to require a zone of some sort.

“That's something we'll likely see at some point in this series,” Vogel said.

At the very least, it's likely that Paul George will defend Teague at some point. George isn't as quick as Teague, but he is seven inches taller and the Pacers' best perimeter defender.

George has said he wants to do it. But he wasn't going to say he would do it.

“If the opportunity calls for it, I'll enjoy the match-up,” he said, smiling.

“For all I know,” he added, “Hibbert's guarding him.”

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/changes-coming