• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So, no one is talking about it but...

anxietyreigns

They can win the series. The Pacers have to be the worst 1st seed team in a long time. The Hawks match up well against them and they also have good coaching on their side.

The guys on NBA TV right after the game (Grant Hill and Rick Fox) both thought the Hawks could take the series. In fact, it seemed like they felt the Hawks would take the series if Indy doesn't get themselves right.

Bold prediction: If the Hawks take game 2 this thing could be over in 4. The Pacers will completely implode at that point.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The guys on NBA TV right after the game (Grant Hill and Rick Fox) both thought the Hawks could take the series. In fact, it seemed like they felt the Hawks would take the series if Indy doesn't get themselves right.

Bold prediction: If the Hawks take game 2 this thing could be over in 4. The Pacers will completely implode at that point.

There is so much chatter about the Pacers at this point though I won't be surprised if they come back strong in game 2.

I think we can take game 2 if we come out hungry and motivated. You know Inday gonna come out with something to prove but if we take game 2 indy will complete implode.

• Premium Member

I think if we play at our highest level with the exception of one game we can win the series. The thing that worries me when we are playing well we are extremely competitive but we have a tendency of going haywire on occasion. Sap has played well all season but Teague has to play like the first game.

Adjustment by the Pacers is also a big key to the series.

• Like 1

It is a team game. I suspect that they will either double Teague off of pick and rolls, play George or Stephenson on him and or pressure him full court with some full court trapping in there from time to time. I suspect that will call for Lou or Mack to step up as a second consistent ballhandler and to run the offense more. Millsap really had not played well against the Pacers this year until GM 1 so I suspect he might revert. If you have to go to a lineup with Teague and Mack or Lou because the pressure is too much for Teague to handle and run the offense then you have to take Korver or DMC out. Take Korver out and lose shooting and possibly spacing, take DMC out and lose defense on George.

Going to be interesting that GM2.

Defensively the Pacers are going to focus on Teague. He was the one who shredded their defense at key points in the game. I was surprised how many times Korver got open during game 1. He hasn't seen open looks like that since before Horford went down, however his shooting was off. With Stephenson focusing more on Teague, Korver should get a lot of open looks. If he can hit them our offense will be on fire. Defensively we have been great against the Pacers the last two times we have played them. If we can continue to neutralize Hibbert and force George to continue to take tough shots we can live with Stephenson going off a bit. Hill and West don't score enough to press for a win.

Millsap needs to stay consistent. I suspect Teague might drop a bit, but Korver will get back in rhythm. Plus Scott will have at least one game where he blows up. Antić needs to hit his shots a bit more consistently. If Lou could remember how to play this is in the bag.

Damn, I'm excited. Am I crazy for thinking we win this series? Handily even?

• Moderators

I had Hawks in 6. Had them winning game one, but getting killed in game two. We take game 3 & 4 with a packed Philips, lose game 5 (referring wins it for Indy), and win game 6 by 7 pts. Then we get Washington in the second round. That'll be a 7 game series.

• Moderators

I had Hawks in 6. Had them winning game one, but getting killed in game two. We take game 3 & 4 with a packed Philips, lose game 5 (referring wins it for Indy), and win game 6 by 7 pts. Then we get Washington in the second round. That'll be a 7 game series.

Holding true so far.