• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pacers GAME 2

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

This pathetic refereeing makes me wish the NBA had some form of challenging calls (and non-calls). Some of what i saw what night seemed blatant. Good thing i had my friend Johnnie Walker to comfort me through the pain.

The NBA is shameless about this. It is the biggest stain on David Stern's tenure, IMO.

The NBA is shameless about this. It is the biggest stain on David Stern's tenure, IMO.

And in jumps Tim:

Former referee Tim Donaghy, who served 15 months in prison for fixing NBA games, says the NBA is pressuring officials to side with the Nets in their series against the Raptors. "(The Raptors) are not only going against the Brooklyn Nets but going against the league office," Donaghy said in a radio interview in Canada. "They have a very talented team and have to be that much better than the Brooklyn Nets." FOXSports.com

Brooklyn Nets, Toronto Raptors, Tim Donaghy, Referees

Why would the NBA want the Nets to advance? Donaghy says it's all about television ratings. "In this situation, Brooklyn would be put at an advantage. A Brooklyn-Miami matchup (in Round 2) would bring great ratings and that's what this is all about for the NBA and the league offices -- bringing in as many dollars as they can. ... Some of the things that the league does and continues to do puts these teams at a disadvantage -- like the Toronto Raptors -- because moving forward they won't bring in the big dollars for the league. It's terrible for the fans (of) Toronto. They go and support that team but really they're going to have trouble moving on based on talent and what takes place on the floor when they're really going against the refs and the league, along with the Nets." FOXSports.com

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.4XCSCYv5.dpuf

• Moderators

He reminds me a bit of Canseco trying to take the moral high ground while desperately seeking the media spotlight. They got caught and pretend like they are crusaders for reform.