• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This is the guy we NEED next season and he's a Spurs kind of move….

JTB

We will more than likely have the same team next year with horford back and maybe two new players. I hope this guy is one of them.

Spencer Hawes

-Woud easily fit coach Bud's System (especially on offense)

-Can spread the floor

-Legit 7 footer

-Only 25 years old

-Probably willing to come cheap to play along side horford and milsap (shouldn't cost that much either way…he WONT break us like a Asik will)

-Decent rebounder that could avg. 10 boards a game with some help from Horford or Sap

-Defense is average at best but a better team could indeed make him better.

OH! and this……….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeud3VtwXbM

I like what I see! Stand up for your teammates Hawes! I think the hawks can make noise in the East next year with small adjustments that won't break us and a healthy hard fighting team.

How will the Offense Work:

Don't worry too much about how a front line of sap, horford, and hawes will work because sap and horford has an inside game as well as outside and ALL our guys in the front court (sap,horford,hawes) can spread the floor!

How will the Defense Work:

Here's the experiment. I have seen sap play other SF's very well but he hasn't had the job to play SF full time nor should he. I think coach bud can easily figure out a rotation to split sap minutes at SF and PF and it will not change anything offensively especially if we bring back Antić whose on the bench to provide hawes and horford rest and can also spread the floor just like them when he's in the game. All in all defense is going to be an experiment period come next year.

Worried about Sap as a SF period:

Well you shouldn't be because Im not saying play him at SF full time. I think sap like horford can be very versatile and thats how we should use him to throw different looks at our opponents. If you are concerned about Sap dribbling on the perimeter at SF, I wouldn't be because he's a decent dribbler for his size and he secures the ball well and hell he's a lot better than DMC and korver at dribbling so thats not an issue. (Again NOT saying to play Sap at full time minutes at the 3)

How is this going to help us next season?

Our offense would be great the next season and the focus could be purely on defense. If it was up to me, I would definitely get hawes and then get a SG with the 15th pick who could be a phenomenal perimeter defender like Kwhahi Leonard.

Would we still be a jump shooting team?

Of course! We will always be a jump shooting team with this system! But the inside points will be there probably on most nights with teague, sap, horford and sometimes hawes.

Why this over anything else?

Because we don't want to spend a ton of money! Ferry wants to stay flexible but at the same time put a competing team on the floor. Well you can do that with signing hawes and cutting Lou. Then signing a perimeter defender at SG with the 15th pick. With a roster like this we can get close to 50 games and if the east is terrible again next year and we stay healthy we will surely win 50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_4VcxgEs0M

Edited by JTB

• Admin

Hawes is decent but really he is a quality backup center rather then a starter.

He is not a banger which is what I would want. I like Gortat more. He would compliment Horford's mid range game as he would play down in the post. Also, he rebounds well and bangs the opposing teams center.

Hawes is decent but really he is a quality backup center rather then a starter.

He is not a banger which is what I would want. I like Gortat more. He would compliment Horford's mid range game as he would play down in the post. Also, he rebounds well and bangs the opposing teams center.

I would like Gortat too but Im trying to be more realistic. I don't see Gortat leaving his situation which is a good situation in Washington to come play with the Hawks. Wizards are 2-0 on the bulls right now and will likely beat them. I like Gortat with horford trust me but I doubt we have a real shot at getting him and a way bigger shot to get hawes who Im sure isn't happy in Cleveland.

I feel hawes is a starter just as much as Hibbert in this League. I mean he can consistently knock down shots and will go after boards. Plus he's 7 foot…we don't have a lot of options to go with at center to be honest.

Hawks fans want…...

Asik-too expensive for Ferry to really consider him.

Gortat-I really believe he's happy in Washington

Andre Drummond- Nothing is going well in Detroit especially after all that money they gave Smith, then brought in another hot head B Jennings. You really think they are going to let their restricted Free Agent who could be a potential all star center for many years just walk….Get Real! No way Detroit lets him go.

Next Best guy is Spencer Hawes...

• Moderators

Hibbert can be a huge impact on D. Hawes isn't a huge impact on anything. Assuming we are trying to win again, the wisdom of adding Hawes will depend almost entirely on the terms of his contract. He would be a role player for Atlanta and would need to be paid accordingly.

• Like 2

• Moderators

We

are

not

the

Spurs

The Spurs drafted a superstar then two all-stars and then annually swap around role players around that core. Thus, we will duplicate their success by getting management from their system and signing role players.

• Like 2

The Spurs drafted a superstar then two all-stars and then annually swap around role players around that core. Thus, we will duplicate their success by getting management from their system and signing role players.

We still lack the SUPERSTAR - we have the ALLSTARS and role players though.

Hawes would work offensively because he does stretch the floor just like Antić, I would take him but he is not a starter on this team so he is not worth anymore than 5-6 million a year for 3 years max. Considering Antić is supposed to be on the team next year I am not sure if that is the route they should go. Would not be mad at it though

We aren't getting a superstar....the plan is to stay competitive and flexible. Adding hawes allows that.