• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I am falling in love w/ this current group.

anxietyreigns

Hope we manage to keep most everybody. There's a couple I think we could stand to shed.

If we didn't have the injuries to Pero and DMC this year, I think we had a great shot at a Top 4 seed, even without Al.

The talent level on this team is underrated, I believe.

I know it's not over, but I just hate to see the season likely coming to an end soon. Enjoy watching these guys.

This team deserves a better fate IMO.

• Like 4

...The talent level on this team is underrated, I believe.

I think the coaching/system is simply getting the most out of the players we have. Talent-wise...if we win this series and are competitive against the Wiz/Bulls...I think that is maximixation (new word?)

We can't beat the Heat...it would be a treat...but an unobtainable feat.

(heck...I'm a poet and don't know it...but my feet showit...they are Longfellows)

I, to, hate to see the season ending, how ever it turns out.

We will not be without basketball, however. The WNBA and

the Atlanta Dream open their season soon.

Some fans here say that watching paint dry or grass grow is more

exciting than watching the WNBA. Obviously, they have never watched!

The Hawks aren't dead, not yet.

GO HAWKS!!

PS - GO BRAVES!

• Premium Member

SSDD if we come back with the same team. 50% of this team needs to be gone over the offseason. We need to get bigger and more consistent. Bud is doing all he can with this team of bandits.

Sure would be nice to have a scorer like Gordon Hayward.

I think the coaching/system is simply getting the most out of the players we have. Talent-wise...if we win this series and are competitive against the Wiz/Bulls...I think that is maximixation (new word?)

We can't beat the Heat...it would be a treat...but an unobtainable feat.

(heck...I'm a poet and don't know it...but my feet showit...they are Longfellows)

Might not have to beat the Heat. Brooklyn vs. Miami will be the series!!

I was starting to really like this team. Then I watched today and they are what they always were. Average to bad.

• Premium Member

Ayón, Scott, Mack, Brand and Cartier all need to go during free agency. We need upgrades (more efficient players)

Those guys are obviously limited talent wise. But at least Mack pushed the ball on every opportunity and he and Scott played hard while they were out there. Edited by Jody23

I was starting to really like this team. Then I watched today and they are what they always were. Average to bad.

No you weren't. This team, these players have been the same players they were for the entire season - win or lose. Saying you like them less because of a loss is assinine.

I'm disappointed in the loss but I'm still excited for the series and for next season.

So what you are saying is your see-saw is over-lubed? Or is it the wheels on your bandwagon that are having trouble gaining friction?

• Like 3

Agreed..........there is a lot to like. But more importantly the system that Ferry and Bud are putting in will make players better. It is a huge step for our franchise! I can't remember the last coach we had.....Lenny? who had the respect of the players. but I don't think we stand pat, a few moves will be made to tweak the talent. There is HOPE.. And that's something that has been hard to come by as a Hawk's fan.

• Like 1

I think a major question re this group is whether the three guys we drafted and Jenkins will be able to play any minutes next year. JJ is the only one who may be ready for significant minutes??? but the others to come off the end of the bench to add depth. Hopefully we will make moves to strengthen our bench so we don't have to rely on them.

Agree with the post. We are holding our own against what I think is the 2nd best team in the East. Of our bench players, I like Scott, Ayón, Antc, ......Lou, Schröder and Mack ( three way tie ), Brand in that order. I would like to see us clear up some cap to make a run at another vet in free agency next season; so keeping all of them may not work. With that being said, this team as it stands with a healthy Al and a good choice at 15 could make some more noise next season in the East.

Rose and the Bulls, Miami and the big three, NJ, and NY all have huge questions to answer next season. Worse case for Indy is Lance walks and some team makes a stupid offer for Turner. The Wizards are up and coming; but Nene's health and age is always a question mark these days.

I don't think we are out of this series by any shot; and barring major injuries next season we will only be better.

Edited by Buzzard