• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

To what degree would Horford made a difference in...

sturt

• Premium Member

...our current series, assuming he'd been able to return healthy and fully game-ready?

...our final record, assuming no injury occurred at all?

...our post-season accomplishments, assuming no injury occurred at all?

Just curious what kind of answers emerge.

He'd provide us with an elite pick n' pop game, and he'll help relieve the pressure on Millsap for scoring. I also believe that our rebounding would be much better, and if we had him in this series, we could've easily been the favorites to face the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals.

• Like 1

I think Al is worth 3 less points allowed on D and 3 more points scored on offense. It would be only right to assume he'd have his best season as Sap, Kyle, Junk, and Jeff have arguably had. We'd be a 2 or 3 seed. If Al were to come back right as the playoffs started we'd be done with Indiana, Charlotte, or Chicago in 5. We'd take care of Brooklyn, Toronto, or Washington in 6.

After our last convincing win agaisnt them, I believe Miami dodged us, so we'd have a puncher's chance against them too. Spo and Pat knew there was a possiblilty of losing that first game and have the world come down on them and questioning Wade, although I'm sure LeBron would hang himself before he lost to us.

I'm not even the biggest Al fan, but he is basically Aldrige Lite: score a little less, bang a little more. Not too many substitutes or better alternatives to 20 and 10.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

nyam.gifnyam.gifnyam.gifnyam.gif

We wouldn't be in this series with the Pacers. Why?

Because we wouldn't have been the 8th seed.

Hopefully, he will be 100% healthy next season. We should have our

draft pick back from over seas and we should have this year's draft

pick.

That will mean that three roster spots now occupied will have to

vacate. Who will go? Hawks may do a two for one trade or they

could do three for one.

Also, we have our other Hawk out for the season and he will be

back from his injury and rarin to go. Something will have to give.

nyam.gif

With Al, our defense instantly becomes better.

With Al, our offense instantly becomes better.

With Al, the pressure is off Pero to be more than the role player he was brought here for.

With Al, we have more depth.

With Al, we have our leader.

• Like 4

With Al, alongside Kyle, we would have the most fabulous looking team in the playoffs. Banging those boards and stroaking those threes, if you know what I mean.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

When Horford went down we were averaging over 102 ppg, since that time we have averaged just 98 ppg during the regular season. Our FG% took a hit as well. What have we missed?

A pick and roll player, a pick and pop from 15 to 18 ft, kick outs to 3pt shooters from the foul line in, a better positional defender than our other centers...Both Horford and Millsap made all star games due to their sound fundamentals and hard play. We have missed him but we still have to play on!

• Premium Member

With Al back in the fray next season i feel we will be even more dangerous. The loss of Al this season has hurt Saps FG% and developed DMC and Teague's scoring ability. His return next year will make us contenders(even more so?) in my opinion! Lets go Hawks!

• Like 1

I wonder if Bud and staff will develop Al's post game. Not deep post but more do his moves. We can still find open shooters if Al can have a consistence post move that requires a double team.

I wonder if Bud and staff will develop Al's post game. Not deep post but more do his moves. We can still find open shooters if Al can have a consistence post move that requires a double team.

At this point I just want Horford to keep working on his face up. He has gotten really good at it throughout the years.

Back to the question:

Are we really comparing a 20-10 big to another big who is averaging 3 points, 3 rebounds with a 20% FG and 17% 3FG in 25 minutes this playoffs.

We would of swept this Pacers team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

At this point I just want Horford to keep working on his face up. He has gotten really good at it throughout the years.

Back to the question:

Are we really comparing a 20-10 big to another big who is averaging 3 points, 3 rebounds with a 20% FG and 17% 3FG in 25 minutes this playoffs.

We would of swept this Pacers team.

Exactly. I think some of us forget how good Horford is sometimes.

A lot of these 3's we have been shooting and making would not be happening because Al would naturally command a lot more possessions down low where the Pacers defend well. Im not sure he would be a good thing for us vs the Pacers.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

with Al our pick roll becomes lethal. Right now once Jeff and Sap start to twirl the defense rolls off of Pero and chances the 3. With Al if they did that he would crash the lane for some easy Oops or kill with that midrange shot. We are talking 60% shooting verses what 30 % at best with Pero?

Sultan, that avatar is hilarious.

Back to the topic: Horf makes the Hawks an even better team. Hibbert still would have problems as Horf would draw him out of the paint on pick and pops and other mid-range spot-ups.

During the regular season, a healthy Horford would have given us 7-10 more wins.

• Like 1