• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

joey Crawford vs hawks

hawkzlova123

• Premium Member

It could be the league really wants Indy in the second round.

I'm curious to know what's the Hawks' win-loss with Crawford at the whistle. To me, it seems we always lose when he comes to town.

Hmmm... let's see

Regular Season 2013-2014... home team wins: 48.4% defeats: 51.6%

Playoffs 2013-2014... home team wins: 40% defeats: 60%

Doesn't look so good, but looking at 2008-2013...

Home team: 49/68 wins: 72.1%

Numbers from basketball-reference.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

If our 3-pt shooting is money, Crawford won't be doing much other than running up and down the sideline pounding his pacer.

I hope so! We might see some phantom moving screen calls and some no calls on Indy fouling our shooters.

• Like 1

I doubt Pacer fans are happy about it either. Nobody likes this guy you just deal with him. The bad thing is that this seems like a crew the nba sends out to turn a series in the direction the league wants it to go.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

The NBA may have sent that crew to guarantee a Hawks win. Think about this: the Indy collapse story gets a lot of burn and interest. As does the Cinderella, injury-riddled, sub-500, underdog, 8th seed Hawks advancing to the 2nd round against the #1 seed in Bud's first year. ESPECIALLY in the huge NBA television market of Atlanta. New culture indeed ;)

• Premium Member

Originally I was upset about this. But now after some deep thought, I realized something.

Do you remember the last Game 6 Atlanta played in as a #8 seed? It produced the loudest stadium I have ever been in:

and this:

and of course this:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200805020ATL.html

See that at the bottom? Officials were: Joe Crawford, Bob Delaney, and Mark Wunderlich.

That was an amazing series even though the Hawks lost in 7. I went to 2 of those Playoff games and the place was insane during and after the games. I hope the 'red out' tonight is the same.

Originally I was upset about this. But now after some deep thought, I realized something.

Do you remember the last Game 6 Atlanta played in as a #8 seed? It produced the loudest stadium I have ever been in:

and this:

and of course this:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200805020ATL.html

See that at the bottom? Officials were: Joe Crawford, Bob Delaney, and Mark Wunderlich.

Oh the memories...fun times.

This isn't the same. Its great but its not as dramatic or as exciting as that series was. The Celtics were hated and I mean hated. From gang signs to their pitiful arrogance and how huge of an underdog we were and how hard we fought. This is actually an anticlimactic series compared to that one. Well unless you factor in the boring blowouts in Boston, lol.

• Like 1

Trust me guys nobody like Joey Crawford. He has a bad rep even with stars, so its no telling what happens tonight when he's ref. Hawks just gotta play and ignore the bad calls cause there are going to be some bad calls, missed calls, no calls. You still gotta play the game and close it out on your home floor.

Hell Paul George may get 20 free throws…don't matter shut down the pacers, hit your open shots, and we will be ok.

I doubt Pacer fans are happy about it either. Nobody likes this guy you just deal with him. The bad thing is that this seems like a crew the nba sends out to turn a series in the direction the league wants it to go.

Not sure about that - if Joey Crawford was carrying out the NBA's agenda I doubt he would have had that well-publicized gaffe from Tuesday that helped Memphis to win AT OKC. Something tells me the NBA would prefer it's MVP to advance in the playoffs rather than the Grizz. I think Joey Crawford is just a self-important tool that likes to insert himself into situations that don't need him.