• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

First round lost, not expecting any legit signings. What a waste of a season.

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Wow, I don't think even most rational Pacers fans would agree with you.

Don't waste your time trying to reason with him after a loss.

• Like 3

Let us look at our shooters.
Mike Scott: 31%
Shelvin Mack: 33%
Pero Antić: 33%
Louis Williams: 34%
Jeff Teague: 33%
Paul Millsap: 36%
Demarre Carroll: 36%
Kyle Korver: 47%
The league average is 36% so we have 1 elite, 2 average, and 5 below average or worse shooters in our rotation. Not gonna cut it for a 3 pt shooting team. Something that definitely needs to be addressed in the offseason.

My targets:

Attacking wings

1. Danny Granger

2. Rudy Gay

3. Gordon Hayward

4. Lance Stephenson (Falling in love with his talent again; still want to know more about the Indy situation though)

5. Rodney Stuckey

6. Nick Young (Went to the line this year at 6 FTA per 36)

Shooting/Defensive wings

1. Thabo Sefolosha

2. Trevor Ariza

3. Jodie Meeks

4. CJ Miles

5. Marvin Williams (ha)

NBA Draft 2014

1. Zach Lavine (all star potential)

2. James Young

3. Nik Staukas

4. Rodney Hood

5. TJ Warren

Lavine, Young, Nik S., Hood, and Warren aren't NBA ready right now. Warren might be the most ready and he doesn't really translate all to well either to the NBA.

I really think we gonna have to make a spash sooner than later.

Al Horford has never been a real difference maker in terms of winning and losing. The first time he got hurt they did about the same without him as they did with him.

Since he depends on others for his offense, the PG matters more for him than any other player on the team.

Wow, I don't think even most rational Pacers fans would agree with you.

I don't know either way but I will say this. With Horf, we would have had a higher seed which would gurantee us anything either. Let's leave it at that.

• Moderators

What about Paul George owning Korver? I know Korver is the untouchable, golden boy and all..... just saying.

I've been saying it for most of the season - Korver is better for the bench. I hope we can trade for a SG and a sign a center in the offseason. I'd be cool with trading Sap + Lou for Monroe and then signing Deng/Gay/Stephenson. We definitely gave Stephenson an audition (and he for us), but he has to come at the right price. I'd be interested in Rudy Gay if he came at the right price. Plays hard and great defense. Played for Memphis, so he knows what type of game to bring here.

• Like 1

I've been saying it for most of the season - Korver is better for the bench. I hope we can trade for a SG and a sign a center in the offseason. I'd be cool with trading Sap + Lou for Monroe and then signing Deng/Gay/Stephenson. We definitely gave Stephenson an audition (and he for us), but he has to come at the right price. I'd be interested in Rudy Gay if he came at the right price. Plays hard and great defense. Played for Memphis, so he knows what type of game to bring here.

Gay wouldn't fit the system at all. Deng is flabbynsick. Lance isn't a system player for any offense. His best teams would be Charlotte or staying in Indy. Maybe Chicago as well but Atlanta, nope.

We need a major chess move. Stop these bullshit pawn moves that are easy to kill.

I don't know either way but I will say this. With Horf, we would have had a higher seed which would gurantee us anything either. Let's leave it at that.

They would have probably played in the Heat if Horf was healthy and they would still have lost. So it is what it is.

I don't believe this team would have had a really high seed if Horf had remained healthy. They were only 16-13 before he went down and nobody outside of Indy or Miami was playing well in the east. Teams like Toronto, Charlotte and NJ came around as the season went along.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

They would have probably played in the Heat if Horf was healthy and they would still have lost. So it is what it is.

I don't believe this team would have had a really high seed if Horf had remained healthy. They were only 16-13 before he went down and nobody outside of Indy or Miami was playing well in the east. Teams like Toronto, Charlotte and NJ came around as the season went along.

I believe they would have been a 5th or 6th seed fighting with BRK and NY. To be frank, with Horf, we are better than Toronto.

It's okay if we are mediocre. We have guys that play the right way and play together.

If being marginal is playing the right way then what are the teams that actually win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say that an upgrade is needed, whether they won this series or not. I stated as much before Game 6 went down. My fear is Ferry going the Sund route and standing pat. It would be typical Hawks if they drummed up the 'Al was hurt so we really need to see how we would play with him' excuse for next season. They need to make some moves.

Again, I've stated this for awhile now. They need a difference maker; enough with the NBDL guys and journeymen. Enough with shopping from the dumpster for guys they hope/wish/dream could make some impact. They need some REAL players.

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 4

I have to say that an upgrade is needed, whether they won this series or not. I stated as much before Game 6 went down. My fear is Ferry going the Sund route and standing pat. It would be typical Hawks if they drummed up the 'Al was hurt so we really need to see how we would play with him' excuse for next season. They need to make some moves.

Again, I've stated this for awhile now. They need a difference maker; enough with the NBDL guys and journeymen. Enough with shopping from the dumpster for guys they hope/wish/dream could make some impact. They need some REAL players.

From what I've heard and seen, Ferry is far more active on the phones than Sund but I haven't seen a trade yet so call me a critic but moves need to be make that upgrade our talent level.

• Premium Member

We need someone that can go and get their shot from the wing. We have a lot of nice pieces but we still don't have a star player. We need to do whatever it takes in the offseason to get one. I heard someone after the game on sports radio talk about these Hawks reminded him of the mid 90's Sonics where you had scorers all over the team and it was a shared team concept but those Sonics STILL had two HoF players in Payton and Kemp. We don't have anyone close to that level. And they had TWO of those guys.

• Like 1

We need someone that can go and get their shot from the wing. We have a lot of nice pieces but we still don't have a star player. We need to do whatever it takes in the offseason to get one. I heard someone after the game on sports radio talk about these Hawks reminded him of the mid 90's Sonics where you had scorers all over the team and it was a shared team concept but those Sonics STILL had two HoF players in Payton and Kemp. We don't have anyone close to that level. And they had TWO of those guys.

I would say they only had one, Kemp was an AS player, never a HoF type.