• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AJC: An Unfamiliar Buzz About the Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

@Diesel - Per Danny Ferry (on radio this morning) the 5 out 3 ball was a direct side effect of Al getting hurt.

He and Bud got together after Al got hurt and it was determined the team would have to take at least 30 3's a game. With Al back it's more PnR/PnP.

And that makes perfect sense. When Horford was playing, we were a top notch pick and roll team. Teague and Horford were killing it. Our FG%, PPG, and 3PT% all dropped significantly after Horford went down.

And that makes perfect sense. When Horford was playing, we were a top notch pick and roll team. Teague and Horford were killing it. Our FG%, PPG, and 3PT% all dropped significantly after Horford went down.

That experience should help us next year when Al comes back and we can play inside out with him. Will open things up for him inside and vice verse.

That experience should help us next year when Al comes back and we can play inside out with him. Will open things up for him inside and vice verse.

People have forgotten how well Teague and Al were playing together in November and December. Teague averaged 8.1 and 8.3 assist per game for those two months ( 31 games ). After December and Al's injury, he never averaged more than 5.8 for any other month...

Stats link:

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/nba/players.asp?id=4624&fn=Jeff&ln=Teague&page=splits

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I am excited about next season. Teague in alpha dog mode more often, inside out game, PnR,PnP with Al/ Jeff, DMC with improved offensive game and 3ball. We should be even more fun to watch!

• Like 1

• Moderators

The Hawks were so fragile this year, that anytime we had Horford + another rotation player out of the lineup, this team basically collapsed. As much as I like guys like Mike Scott and Shelvin Mack, it's really no way they should be back here, if we're serious about challenging for an East title. And we can't keep throwing out a starting lineup of Carroll and Korver, and expect them to outscore the opposing wings . . . because it didn't happen for most of the year.

While I share a lot of the concerns you raised in your post, I will stick up for Scott and Mack. Both of those guys can be players on an elite team. They are fine role players, Scott as a stretch 4 and Mack as a 2nd or 3rd team PG. Neither should be your 6th man or anything, but you can't tell me there are many teams in the league that couldn't have used some of their play this season among the 13 roster spots each team has to fill.

• Like 2