• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks past Lottery Picks

Gasol, Wilcox, and Ford were a part of that Babcock mindset. Guy just didn't believe in the draft at all and rather than rebuild, he mortgaged our future for spare parts. The Wilcox deal was centered around Lorenzen Wright and we gave up at least one 1st rounder (for some reason, I'm thinking it was two picks). Had we kept our pick, we could have taken Stoudemire, seleted one spot later. The Ford pick was part of the Glen Robinson trade.

I try to forget the latter years of Babcockery. :(

Yeeeeew - thanks for jogging my memory - I suddenly feel ill.

• Moderators

Gasol, Wilcox, and Ford were a part of that Babcock mindset. Guy just didn't believe in the draft at all and rather than rebuild, he mortgaged our future for spare parts. The Wilcox deal was centered around Lorenzen Wright and we gave up at least one 1st rounder (for some reason, I'm thinking it was two picks). Had we kept our pick, we could have taken Stoudemire, seleted one spot later. The Ford pick was part of the Glen Robinson trade.

I try to forget the latter years of Babcockery. :(

It was 2 picks. I think the other one was Quentin Richardson. But how can anyone blame Bancock? When you get a chance to get a player like Wright, Amare and QRich is a small price to pay.

• Like 1

Acie did play here

He wore a uni, he was on the court at times but he didnt play. lol Ok though because he got us one of our most entertaining players in the Lizard JaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamAAAAL Crawford

Side note, I live in the Philly area and I remember 76er fans laughing at my Hawks saying all you got in the 4 way trade that landed the 6ers big dog was terrrell brandons contract. I warned them what they were getting, they didnt listen but I warned them.

It was 2 picks. I think the other one was Quentin Richardson. But how can anyone blame Bancock? When you get a chance to get a player like Wright, Amare and QRich is a small price to pay.

You just made me throw up in my mouth a little. Washing my mouth out now...

Past might be the word, but so far, the new regime hasn't gotten anything out of their mid 1st round picks.

I agree and hopefully you will join in with me and a couple of other posters on not letting Ferry off the hook. He will be six picks or so deep after this upcoming draft. That is a decent sample size. We need to see some improvement. So far he is 1 out of 4 and whose to say that we will re-sign that one this offseason.

I agree and hopefully you will join in with me and a couple of other posters on not letting Ferry off the hook. He will be six picks or so deep after this upcoming draft. That is a decent sample size. We need to see some improvement. So far he is 1 out of 4 and whose to say that we will re-sign that one this offseason.

Who's to say is the phrase, right @JayBirdHawk aikido.gif

• Like 2

Who's to say is the phrase, right @JayBirdHawk aikido.gif

Well done kind sir.

I can spend even more time on the Squawk pointing out grammatical errors etc but.......nah! LOL!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Admin

I am not defending out past GMs but we were not going to take Pau Gasol. That pick was already traded for SAR and we were making the pick for Memphis for the player they wanted.

Back then all the rumors were for us taking Shane Battier at 3. There were a couple other players mentions but never any mention ever of us having interest in Gasol.

It wasn't a bad trade but we never had a point guard to play with SAR. I think it might have been different if we had a playmaker instead of Jason Terry who was a terrible fit.

• Moderators

I am not defending out past GMs but we were not going to take Pau Gasol. That pick was already traded for SAR and we were making the pick for Memphis for the player they wanted.

Back then all the rumors were for us taking Shane Battier at 3. There were a couple other players mentions but never any mention ever of us having interest in Gasol.

It wasn't a bad trade but we never had a point guard to play with SAR. I think it might have been different if we had a playmaker instead of Jason Terry who was a terrible fit.

The one lottery pick BK nailed was for Memphis using Atlanta's pick!

Agreed. A Jamaal Tinsley would have been a good fit also. I remember us having a chance to draft him. I think he and Tony Parker went late 1st round if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe she a rock star maybe she a sinner f*ckin wit them lottery boys now she a winner.

Sorry I felt like this topic needed that line lol

Agreed. A Jamaal Tinsley would have been a good fit also. I remember us having a chance to draft him. I think he and Tony Parker went late 1st round if I'm not mistaken.

For the record Babcock stated that he and the staff liked Parker, but he thought Parker was too young to immediatly contribute to the team. So they went out in free agency and got Jacque Vaughn and Emmanuel Davis. He never liked Jamaal Tinsley due to his charater issues. Babcock use to readily answer questions posed to him by the fans, unlike BIlly Knight and Danny Ferry.

• Moderators

For the record Babcock stated that he and the staff liked Parker, but he thought Parker was too young to immediatly contribute to the team. So they went out in free agency and got Jacque Vaughn and Emmanuel Davis. He never liked Jamaal Tinsley due to his charater issues. Babcock use to readily answer questions posed to him by the fans, unlike BIlly Knight and Danny Ferry.

Babcock was arguably the worst drafter in NBA history. He was much better in FA and with trades.

• Like 2