• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks pursuing Asik

Vol4ever

Its going to be tough on Houston to move both of these players IMO. Lin has been a non factor and is not even worth the 8 million cap hit much less the 15 million he is owed. The other problem is Asik and Lin are both UFA's after next season.

Losing Lin for nothing may not break anyone's heart, but losing Asik for nothing would not be a good thing. A SNT for NY just makes the most sense. The Knicks can clear all sorts of cap this season or next; and be in a prime position for the 2015 free agent class. Its why Kerr chose Golden State; he saw the writing on the wall and went with the younger, more talented team.

If Melo wants out, any team wanting Asik will be bidding against NY. That is how I see it.

He was injured last year and didnt and has had only one solid season in his career. 10pts 11 rb 1.5 blocks dont get me wrong thats solid but for taking on his salary after coming off injury Houston should sweeten the pot for us. This guy is no Gortat, he is kind of slow. Im thinking the reason Hawks fans like him ( or at one time loved him like myself) is because we see him when he played the Hawks a for a few years there and he looked like Hakeem vs us because we had nobody to stop him.

Just don't trade sap! Sap quick off the bench if the deal goes down and should avg around 28-33 minutes a game...I'm cool with whatever! Hell if we can get a athletic SG and bring Korver off the bench too we would really be on the rise!

He was injured last year and didnt and has had only one solid season in his career. 10pts 11 rb 1.5 blocks dont get me wrong thats solid but for taking on his salary after coming off injury Houston should sweeten the pot for us. This guy is no Gortat, he is kind of slow. Im thinking the reason Hawks fans like him ( or at one time loved him like myself) is because we see him when he played the Hawks a for a few years there and he looked like Hakeem vs us because we had nobody to stop him.

I agree with this! Or we can just get hawes for a 2 year 14/16 mil contract. Lol

Regardless asik ain't fixing all the problems! In fact offensively he creates more problems.

• Like 1

Its going to be tough on Houston to move both of these players IMO. Lin has been a non factor and is not even worth the 8 million cap hit much less the 15 million he is owed. The other problem is Asik and Lin are both UFA's after next season.

Losing Lin for nothing may not break anyone's heart, but losing Asik for nothing would not be a good thing. A SNT for NY just makes the most sense. The Knicks can clear all sorts of cap this season or next; and be in a prime position for the 2015 free agent class. Its why Kerr chose Golden State; he saw the writing on the wall and went with the younger, more talented team.

If Melo wants out, any team wanting Asik will be bidding against NY. That is how I see it.

Phil Jackson may do it as a s& t with Asik and Lin for Mello just for the simple fact to have more cap room for 2015 when the Knicks will want to strike. Id also imagine hed be happier seeing Melo got to Houston than Chicago. Lets face 14/15 is a dead year to the Knicks no matter what they do. However come 15/16 they have almost a clean slate and trading Melo for guys who come off the books then makes sense.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 2

Someone said, "Houston won't do that, they want - - - - - -"

Really? They are not in the catbird seat on this. When we had J Smoove, we wanted

a lot. What did we get? We let him walk for -0-.

What if no one meets their demands? Then, they must keep what they have for one

more year, then they both walk.

What makes sense? NJHAWK has the answer.

• Like 1

Phil Jackson may do it as a s& t with Asik and Lin for Mello just for the simple fact to have more cap room for 2015 when the Knicks will want to strike. Id also imagine hed be happier seeing Melo got to Houston than Chicago. Lets face 14/15 is a dead year to the Knicks no matter what they do. However come 15/16 they have almost a clean slate and trading Melo for guys who come off the books then makes sense.

Its all conjecture on my part and its all conjecture on Sam's part. No one really knows what the Knicks, Houston, or Melo will do. The only thing anyone knows for a fact is the Knicks can clear close to 55 million off their books with Melo, Amare, and Bargani.

Edited by Buzzard

Someone said, "Houston won't do that, they want - - - - - -"

Really? They are not in the catbird seat on this. When we had J Smoove, we wanted

a lot. What did we get? We let him walk for -0-.

What if no one meets their demands? Then, they must keep what they have for one

more year, then they both walk.

What makes sense? NJHAWK has the answer.

Look what Clevland got for Lebron, lol.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I doubt that! Giving up our 1st to pay him $15 million then he can leave as a free agent next year is a no go for me.

In what universe is Asik worth a 1st round pick?

Haven't you been paying attention? Teams aren't handing out 1st round picks or even 2nds for that matter all willy nilly anymore.

You do realize we were near the bottom in rebounds and blocks? There is no big close to where we are picking that is a legit 7 ft and gives you 10/11/1.5 on a nightly basis.

• Like 1

Then they just might as well let Melo walk for nothing unless they are getting picks as well.

• Premium Member

Hilarious that people think he'd start over an All Star. No his ass will be moping pretending he's "injured" again here in Atlanta if he doesn't get with the program that he's a rotation big not some starter.

He would start at center, Horf at PF and Sap at SF is my guess

He would start at center, Horf at PF and Sap at SF is my guess

Nope. No sense moving guys out of place just to accommodate him, he's not that good and I take it you thought that Detroit was successful with their 3 big lineup.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

He is a very good rebounder, but that's it. He can't shoot Fts at all, and his block rate% is actually lower than Horford's the last several seasons. Rebounding is nice, but as his been stated, just sign someone like Humphries who can give you those rebounding numbers without a 15 million dollar price tag. You should be competing for All Star bids not for PT when you are making that much. Horrible value, not worth what he would give us.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Nope. No sense moving guys out of place just to accommodate him, he's not that good and I take it you thought that Detroit was successful with their 3 big lineup.

At least both Horford and Sap have muuuch more of a perimeter game than any of the Det front court but color me skeptical of Sap as a SF.

If we deal for Asik we are in no way parting with a key player or a first round pick. Graymule nailed it that Hou's high leverage point was last year. This is their low leverage point. They may need to pay to unload him and/or Lin.