• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DMCthealltimegreat.

Diesel

Everyone talks about defensive rebounding on this board then some compare DMC to Leonard. DMC 4.1 D RPG. Leonard 5.1 D RPG. And Carroll got 32.1 MPG vs Leonards 29.1 MPG. Its the little things that count; and just one more board a game at SF and SG would put us in the top ten in defensive rebounding with a healthy Horford.

Carroll is serviceable as a starter, but we better make a huge leap in defensive rebounding at the SG position if he is to continue to be our starter. If we don't, we will be posting 20 threads again next season bashing our rebounding weakness.

Good points....but we can move DMC to SG and find a SF that can rebound pretty well before we find a SG that can rebound well outside of Lance.

This probably can be easily fixed! There are plenty of options at SF that can rebound pretty well.

Everyone talks about defensive rebounding on this board then some compare DMC to Leonard. DMC 4.1 D RPG. Leonard 5.1 D RPG. And Carroll got 32.1 MPG vs Leonards 29.1 MPG. Its the little things that count; and just one more board a game at SF and SG would put us in the top ten in defensive rebounding with a healthy Horford.

Carroll is serviceable as a starter, but we better make a huge leap in defensive rebounding at the SG position if he is to continue to be our starter. If we don't, we will be posting 20 threads again next season bashing our rebounding weakness.

Sound like you're an advocate for bringing in Lance Stephenson, seeing that he rebounds at an elite level for a SG.

Sound like you're an advocate for bringing in Lance Stephenson, seeing that he rebounds at an elite level for a SG.

I am an advocate for improvement at SG and/or SF. This draft can possibly give us that; but everyone of the prospects this year will take at least two years before they can really make a impact on BOTH the glass and with scoring.

Stephenson is great on the glass and I think several teams will have an interest. Indy will have to pony up a little to keep him.

Edited by Buzzard

I am an advocate for improvement at SG and/or SF. This draft can possibly give us that; but everyone of the prospects this year will take at least two years before they can really make a impact on BOTH the glass and with scoring.

Stephenson is great on the glass and I think several teams will have an interest. Indy will have to pony up a little to keep him.

So the question is . . . would YOU want him here?

• Premium Member

If you can get a better player on the wings you simply do it. DMC was productive but let's not pretend as if there's no areas to look at upgrades. You can't create threads talking about "inertia" being a problem for this team and then go ahead and contradict yourself by saying the SF position is just fine and dandy. The wing positions went 1 deep with DMC and Kyle starting, you simply cannot ignore that we need better depth behind them or pushing them to the bench.

What i'm saying is that if a guy is a defensive stallworth and he's hitting 55% of his FGs and 36% of his three pointers and he ramps up his three pointers to 40% in the postseason that he may not be the guy you say is the weakest link. When I talk about inertia, I'm very specific.. let's find what isn't right and fix that. DMC has done a good job with what he was given. What isn't right is our lack of size, lack of rim protection, and lack of low post scoring. Sorry but with Al Jefferson, Charlotte has bypassed us with a much weaker unit surrounding him. We believe that Horf is going to fix everything, we're sadly mistaken. He will give us more options and even a slightly better option but still not enough for us to be championship contender.

• Premium Member

We're not a lowly rebounding team because of the Sf position? Are you kidding me? The problem you have and that you make is that you believe that Just because we got a former Popp guy that we have to make ourselves into the Spurs East. Monty Williams, Jacque Vaughn, nor Brett Brown are trying to change their teams into carbon Copies of what San Antonio has. What we should try to do is look at the available talent and find out what works best for us. Tim Duncan and Tony Parker are not walking through that door. So, just like he did in the playoffs, the coach has to gameplan and feature his team's best strengths. NOT try to remake the Spurs.

What i'm saying is that if a guy is a defensive stallworth and he's hitting 55% of his FGs and 36% of his three pointers and he ramps up his three pointers to 40% in the postseason that he may not be the guy you say is the weakest link. When I talk about inertia, I'm very specific.. let's find what isn't right and fix that. DMC has done a good job with what he was given. What isn't right is our lack of size, lack of rim protection, and lack of low post scoring. Sorry but with Al Jefferson, Charlotte has bypassed us with a much weaker unit surrounding him. We believe that Horf is going to fix everything, we're sadly mistaken. He will give us more options and even a slightly better option but still not enough for us to be championship contender.

Your kidding right? Horford and Millsap form one of the best front courts in the league. Size isn't our problem. Look at the damage West and Hibbert did to us (it wasn't much). What we need is more options off the bench. Currently, I think Korver's and Carroll's roles on the team are too large. We are fine at PG and the front court.
  • Like 1

We're not a lowly rebounding team because of the Sf position? Are you kidding me? The problem you have and that you make is that you believe that Just because we got a former Popp guy that we have to make ourselves into the Spurs East. Monty Williams, Jacque Vaughn, nor Brett Brown are trying to change their teams into carbon Copies of what San Antonio has. What we should try to do is look at the available talent and find out what works best for us. Tim Duncan and Tony Parker are not walking through that door. So, just like he did in the playoffs, the coach has to gameplan and feature his team's best strengths. NOT try to remake the Spurs.

I don't think that at all Diesel. What I think is with the way both Horford and Millsap hit the boards it will be harder to improve on them and we can't forget they combine for 36pts a game as well. You act like just plugging in 10 and 10 will fix us while sending one of them to the bench. It won't, that will hurt us.

Korver and Carroll on the other hand are very average at best on the boards and with their scoring. Much easier to upgrade one of them; while sending one of them to the bench to be a sixth man.

If you can't see the difference between Korver and Carroll vs Stephenson and George you are not wanting to see it. Whereas Millsap and Horford are very much the equals to Hibbert and West.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Your kidding right? Horford and Millsap form one of the best front courts in the league. Size isn't our problem. Look at the damage West and Hibbert did to us (it wasn't much). What we need is more options off the bench. Currently, I think Korver's and Carroll's roles on the team are too large. We are fine at PG and the front court.

West and Hibbert? Come on man. The Pacers are the worst to talk about scoring big men.. but it was West that prevented us from Closing out. Still. .... IF we had good size, we would have been able to score points with higher FG%.

I'd rather upgrade at SG than at SF. We can't go through another year of Lou Williams/Korver starting at SG.

There are only two ways Ferry does not pick a wing player in this draft:

1- He thinks Kareem just dropped in his lap.

2- We trade the pick for a wing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

You said a mouthful there. More than likely we will look to guys who can play both SG and SF.

I don't think it's an either or proposition. I say we can improve our inside scoring while at the same time we can look to aid good BU quality Wings and maybe a starting quality wing from the draft. However, we can't overlook a need for a big who can score and defend in the lowpost.