• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did we dodge the bullet?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Last offseason, we were looking strongly at CP3 and D12. The question becomes did we dodge the bullet. The truth still is that CP3 has been in the league 9 seasons and has not gotten past the 2nd round. Had we gotten them, there would have been no Teague, no Millsap, no DMC... It would have been prolly:

CP3, Lou, Korver, Horford, and D12. Maybe we would have Brand, Martin coming off the bench.

This team would have sold many tickets... Then when Horf goes down we would have replaced him with Scott.

So:

CP3, Lou, Korver, Scott, D12.

DID we dodge the bullet??

While I would have loved to get Chris Paul, he wasn't ever really available. He agreed to terms prior to the signing date and actually signed at the earliest moment possible.

As far as Dwight, while I agree he can be a piece, asking him to carry a team is a huge mistake. He is a mentally fragile man-baby. He originally wanted to be in Houston and that is where he ended up. He got what he wanted. I am sure after another derailed season he'll start crying again.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think Dwight without a solid coach and supporting staff isn't really a ticket to success. But if we could have had Dwight and CP3 you take that. Together they would be elite in the East especially. Let's not forget that both those guys are playing in the west.

• Moderators

I would still definitely take Dwight and CP3 last offseason. In a heartbeat. In the East. that team is a championship contender if healthy. Even with Horford down, I think we end up with home court in the East and advance farther than the first round. With Horford coming back next year, that team looks great.

• Like 3

As much as some may want to discount them (me included) - In Buds system with a healthy Al - we'd be beating up Miami.

After posting that - I wonder though - would DF had resigned Korver or trade for DMC?

Teague would be gone, prolly no EB also.

It does make me go........mmmmmmm.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

D12 is better than Horford or Millsap. CP3 is better than Teague. I think where a lot of fans are wrong is in thinking Monroe or Asik can be the same type of difference maker that D12 would have been. There is really no comparison.

• Like 1

I'm almost fully opposed to max players and payrolls in any sport. You just look so stupid when you fail (ie Nets, Yankees most years, teams that pay $100,000,000 to QBs and don't even make the playoffs.). On the other hand, you look like Albert Einstein when you get it done while being financially intelligent (Seahawks winning with a $600,000 QB, the Marlins every so often, Spurs and Pistons winning with middle-tier payrolls). I want the deepest team possible, not the Top Heavy model. I want our 10th and 11th men to have big games and stretches. That's impossible when they're bums getting the minimum just to fill out your roster after breaking the bank on 2 or 3 guys.

• Like 2

I'm almost fully opposed to max players and payrolls in any sport. You just look so stupid when you fail (ie Nets, Yankees most years, teams that pay $100,000,000 to QBs and don't even make the playoffs.). On the other hand, you look like Albert Einstein when you get it done while being financially intelligent (Seahawks winning with a $600,000 QB, the Marlins every so often, Spurs and Pistons winning with middle-tier payrolls). I want the deepest team possible, not the Top Heavy model. I want our 10th and 11th men to have big games and stretches. That's impossible when they're bums getting the minimum just to fill out your roster after breaking the bank on 2 or 3 guys.

There are only so many players worth more than 16 million a season. In my opinion, right now, there are three certainties: Durant, Bron, and Love. Howard is borderline due to his free throw shooting; but I would give him that based on his defense and offense.

The Pacers are paying George 16 and Hibbert is just under 16. I f they fail to win a championship, how is that much different than what the Knicks did with Allen Houston and Latrell Sprewell back in the day?

Another thing to consider is Josh would more than likely still be a Hawl, lol.

So yeah - bullet dodged.

Edited by JayBirdHawk