• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Charlotte has passed us. Washington has passed us. Miami, lol, way ahead.

NBASupes

These are your Hawks.

mjlol.png

pachah1.png

Charlotte has two 1st picks #9 and #24. 19 million in cap room with 10 spots taken and young potential in MKG, Zeller, and Walker.

Washington was in the 2nd round with potentially the best backcourt in the NBA in Wall and Beal. A young SF of the future in Porter and a top 10 center in Gortat who they plan on keeping at all cost.

Miami, no comment pachah1.png

Then us. A ton of vets. Our potential is Dennis, John and Bebe. Horf is a legit stud. Teague is up and down but up and coming. Sap is a good player. A ton of role players and great coaching.

We are looking up at these teams ahead of us.

At least we are better than Orlando... for now.

• Premium Member

If you look at Charlotte's roster, two firsts, and 19 million they are in pretty darn good shape. I would have to say they are better than us BUT we have a much better coach.

Washington is also impressive.

We have Horf, Sap, and Teague as a core, rest of the team are backups. I just hope Horf's injury is going to be ok, it has to be a question mark.

People always say that star FA's don't want to come to ATL, but you got to admit, that Charlotte is a far less desirable landing spot. So we have an advantage over them. DC looks pretty good, I'll admit. Who passes who is based on lots things, injuries, coaching, bagging FAs. So ask me after the next 82 games are played.

• Like 1

These are your Hawks.

mjlol.png

pachah1.png

Charlotte has two 1st picks #9 and #24. 19 million in cap room with 10 spots taken and young potential in MKG, Zeller, and Walker.

Washington was in the 2nd round with potentially the best backcourt in the NBA in Wall and Beal. A young SF of the future in Porter and a top 10 center in Gortat who they plan on keeping at all cost.

Miami, no comment pachah1.png

Then us. A ton of vets. Our potential is Dennis, John and Bebe. Horf is a legit stud. Teague is up and down but up and coming. Sap is a good player. A ton of role players and great coaching.

We are looking up at these teams ahead of us.

At least we are better than Orlando... for now.

Does Orlando have "cap flexibility"?

Serious question: why keep posting threads like this? I don't know what realistically we can do in terms of trying to get a superstar at this point other than offering most of the team for a guy like Love. It isn't like the team we have now is horrible.

It's the question I ask to myself then I think about ASG and Ferry's complacency and I am addicted to attacking them until proven wrong.

• Like 2

It's the question I ask to myself then I think about ASG and Ferry's complacency and I am addicted to attacking them until proven wrong.

I get the bitterness towards the ASG with a few of their hirings. But they did what was recommended when it came to resigning Josh and Marvin. They did what was recommended when it came to acquiring JJ.

Now they are doing what Ferry is recommending and he has been anything but complacent. JJ traded, Marvin traded, Josh allowed to walk. Millsap signed and Korver traded for; then resigned.

The ASG is like a lot of owners. They don't fool themselves into thinking they have great basketball minds. Instead they listen to their GMs, VP's, and Presidents.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Please with the Charlotte and Wizards have passed us. The Hornets are two seasons away from labeling MKG a similar bust to Marvin. And given their draft track record at least one of their two picks will not make the grade.

The Wizards are up and coming with Beal and Wall. But their window is shrinking quickly with Nene. Gortat is a good piece but he cannot carry a big offensive load.

Give us Horford and we are better than Charlotte by leaps; give us Horford and we are neck and neck with the Wizards. Hell, we are neck and neck with Indy with Al in the game.

• Like 3

Please with the Charlotte and Wizards have passed us. The Hornets are two seasons away from labeling MKG a similar bust to Marvin. And given their draft track record at least one of their two picks will not make the grade.

The Wizards are up and coming with Beal and Wall. But their window is shrinking quickly with Nene. Gortat is a good piece but he cannot carry a big offensive load.

Give us Horford and we are better than Charlotte by leaps; give us Horford and we are neck and neck with the Wizards. Hell, we are neck and neck with Indy with Al in the game.

MKG isn't a bust yet. He is still growing. Injuries took a toll on him this year.

The Wiz have options and 2016, they will have cap.

• Premium Member

I get the bitterness towards the ASG with a few of their hirings. But they did what was recommended when it came to resigning Josh and Marvin. They did what was recommended when it came to acquiring JJ.

Now they are doing what Ferry is recommending and he has been anything but complacent. JJ traded, Marvin traded, Josh allowed to walk. Millsap signed and Korver traded for; then resigned.

The ASG is like a lot of owners. They don't fool themselves into thinking they have great basketball minds. Instead they listen to their GMs, VP's, and Presidents.

I agree to a point. The issue a big free agent signing or trade has not been made, so until it's proven to me they will spend those dollars then I am a skeptic. Signing Sap, Hawes, Ariza or that type of player at 9-10 million is not signing a star player. Are they still on the cheap?

• Like 1

I agree to a point. The issue a big free agent signing or trade has not been made, so until it's proven to me they will spend those dollars then I am a skeptic. Signing Sap, Hawes, Ariza or that type of player at 9-10 million is not signing a star player. Are they still on the cheap?

Look dude, they already signed Joe Johnson to a huge deal, you really think they wouldn't sign someone like Chris Paul or Howard to the max? Particularly when those guys would bring in a lot of revenue?

That legitimately does not make any sense to me and I have no idea where you get this idea from. Sure, we won't pay the luxury tax but, like, 3 teams do. We will sign a super star if he wants to come here. Hell, we'll sign Melo this offseason if he wants to come here.

• Like 2