Merged: Kings interested in Dennis Schröder? (Putting #8 pick on trading block)

GameTime

Thanks.

Jay, I think you'd be enamoured with his big hands ala Kawhi. He's a big time stretch 4 as he can shoot the lights out, and would in our system.

Jay, I think you'd be enamoured with his big hands ala Kawhi. He's a big time stretch 4 as he can shoot the lights out, and would in our system.

Ok - thanks for the info, I have not kept up with college this season.

If we draft him at PF what does that mean for Sap? Or is the suggestion to trade Sap for #8 and Ben McLemore and we also keep #15.

(Sap would look good next to Cousins, it give them the 'vet').

Ok - thanks for the info, I have not kept up with college this season.

If we draft him at PF what does that mean for Sap? Or is the suggestion to trade Sap for #8 and Ben McLemore and we also keep #15.

I think it would actually mean the end of Horford. Unless we still want to play Horf at center. I would trade SAP for #8. I mean I love Paul but I really trust our coaching staff to turn any player into a valuable player in our system. Vonleh and Smart will be sure things in the NBA. That's my prediction.

I tell ya if we had the 8th and 15th picks I think I would go Vonleh/Smart/Gordon at #8 and Anderson at #15.

I agree with this. I also love Randle and believe he is a 20-10 guy in this league. We are a team that lacks talent. Get talent and worry about position later (even though we need a PF if we don't plan on paying Sap next year; and Anderson is a SF).

• Like 1

With Sap having one year left on his deal, I doubt Sac deals the eighth pick for him. And with Horf coming off another major injury, the Hawks may be reluctant to deal Sap.

If Horford gets another serious injury next year, the season is over and it would be time to rebuild anyway.

I agree with this. I also love Randle and believe he is a 20-10 guy in this league. We are a team that lacks talent. Get talent and worry about position later (even though we need a PF if we don't plan on paying Sap next year; and Anderson is a SF).

I liked Randle prior to this year but not sure he's a can't miss prospect. His ceiling is high but probably be my last choice at 8 and just hope for the best.

The thing I love about Anderson is his incredible passing skills and how we could go big with him at PG or at least initiating the offense like the Spurs do with Manu and Diaw.

• Moderators

Agreed about needing to find a viable replacment for Horford if/when his next big injury occurs. The problem here would be supposing that Vonleh can be that guy, what's to say that he's still going to be there at #8? I really don't want to be "stuck" with a pure PF like Randle or Gordon (unless we are only planning on keeping Millsap this one more year or are looking to trade him). Still though I think it's a big gamble hoping that Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, or Vonleh are there with our pick as those are the only guys I'd be okay with trading Schröder for. Maybe, maybe McDermott but he worries me that he's going to be the next great white hype to fizzle out in the NBA once he's playing against real athletes.

I would take any of those top 8 and then grab someone else at 15. Being "stuck" with Randle or Gordon would be fantastic as we then add a perimeter player at 15.

James Young

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140521/nba-mock-draft-cavaliers-andrew-wiggins-joel-embiid-jabari-parker/?eref=sihp

James Young

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/mock/?season=2014&version=6&source=Chad-Ford-Mock-Draft

James Young

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Rodney Hood

http://www.draftexpress.com/

etc.

For those who say "Ferry will just trade for a superstar" and then are left stammering when they are asked "how?" they would suddenly have an answer if we got one of these guys. Randle + Sap + pick for Love (extended) sounds a heck of a lot more compelling than Dennis + Sap + pick.

Edited by AHF

I agree Dolfan. To me its the bigs and point guards that are swing for the fences types in this draft. The top 6 SG's and SF's combined are for the most part worse case role players. The true freshman, Young, is probably the closest you will get to a swing for the fences wing; and he will not be there at 15 by most accounts.

Yeah that's kinda crazy how this draft is supposedly loaded but there aren't many big time prospects like a George outside of Wiggins and Parker. Maybe Smart too but he's not the physical mismatch type I'd draft and hope he can become special, although he could be special in that Wade type of way.

#8 can't miss..Vonleh Smart

#15 swing for fences...LaVine, Young, Ennis

I could see getting Vonleh with 8, and Lavine or Ennis with 15. I can also see the possibility of getting Hood at 15. I don't think Young will last until 15.

I would prefer a wing at 15, especially if we took a big at 8.

Edited by Buzzard

I would take any of those top 8 and then grab someone else at 15. Being "stuck" with Randle or Gordon would be fantastic as we then add a perimeter player at 15.

James Young

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140521/nba-mock-draft-cavaliers-andrew-wiggins-joel-embiid-jabari-parker/?eref=sihp

James Young

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/mock/?season=2014&version=6&source=Chad-Ford-Mock-Draft

James Young

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Rodney Hood

http://www.draftexpress.com/

etc.

For those who say "Ferry will just trade for a superstar" and then are left stammering when they are asked "how?" they would suddenly have an answer if we got one of these guys. Randle + Sap + pick for Love (extended) sounds a heck of a lot more compelling than Dennis + Sap + pick.

Now you do have a point there. I could get behind drafting Randle to trade him in a superstar package. Young, Hood, Anderson or maybe Ennis at 15 would make me feel good.

Horford

Love

Hood / Young

Korver

Teague

That's a pretty terrific starting 5. At least you've got the groundwork laid for really being competitive.

Yeah that's kinda crazy how this draft is supposedly loaded but there aren't many big time prospects like a George outside of Wiggins and Parker. Maybe Smart too but he's not the physical mismatch type I'd draft and hope he can become special, although he could be special in that Wade type of way.

The combine hurt a lot of players. Everyone was big on Randle at pick 4 or 5 until the combine. Lack of height and athletic ability hurt many a player this season.

Edited by Buzzard

Yeah, my problem with trading Dennis is I don't see anybody better at 8. The guys at the combine talked about Vonleh being the first PF off the board. He also supposedly not that atheltic. If there is a can't miss at 8 then I can live with that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If Horford gets another serious injury next year, the season is over and it would be time to rebuild anyway.

As bad as they were, this team still made the playoffs without Horf. I expect they'll lock into that roster again for next season unless they can score an established veteran. I'm all for trading ANYBODY on this team if it will elevate them to contender status at some point and that would include trading one of our veterans for a pick. All I'm saying is I just don't see the Hawks doing that.

It would make them look even dumber after they inked Thompson to a 30 million 5 year deal, then signed Carl Landry a year later to a 4 year 26 million deal and then traded for Derrick Williams 6 months later. With Sap they'd have 28 million tied onto their PF position alone so I'd imagine that they'd look to dump a few of those deals if they are sending McLemore and the 8 anywhere.

It would make them look even dumber after they inked Thompson to a 30 million 5 year deal, then signed Carl Landry a year later to a 4 year 26 million deal and then traded for Derrick Williams 6 months later. With Sap they'd have 28 million tied onto their PF position alone so I'd imagine that they'd look to dump a few of those deals if they are sending McLemore and the 8 anywhere.

ppphhhh....eeeeeew. Damn Sactown. I didn't realize they had that many PFs on the roster.

Jeff for #8 pick seems to be a ideal deal. I would wait till draft day to make a deal.

1) If we send Teague to Sac, I expect #8 and McClemore at least.

2) Not big on Ennis at all personally. Still not big on MCW either honestly. Would rather keep Schröder than either (I know I'm in the minority there). I'm about 50/50 on judging these prospects though so take that for what it's worth.

3) Sac town wouldn't take Sap unless we took back someone like Landry or Thompson, we're not doing that UNLESS it leads to Love.

4) The main reason to trade for the #8 pick is to collect assets for Love. Trading Teague for #8/McClemore and then flipping them to Minnesota along with Sap and some sweeteners for Love is not out of the realm of possibility. LAL would also entertain Teague for Nash/#7 as well I think if Minnesota likes the sound of that better.

I think we could potentially deal Teague and Millsap to land both the #7 and #8. That's a solid haul for Love.

Edit: The issue then is finding a starting PG. We'd have to pursue Lowry pretty hard.

Edit 2: Or Lin, perhaps.

Edited by TheFuzz

Dennis is clearly the one that should be shipped along with #15 for #8. Dennis is likely to follow in the footsteps of the recent foreign players never living up to hype or being flat out bust.

Teague is a good PG from the best PG draft in the last decade or so.

Evan Fournier

Jonas Valanciunas

Jan Vesely

Bismack Biyombo

Donatas Motiejunas

Nikola Mirotic

Kevin Seraphin

Ricky Rubio

Victor Claver

Omri Casspi

Rodrigue Beaubois

Christian Eyenga

Danilo Gallinari

Alexis Ajinca

Serge Ibaka

Nicolas Batum

Yi Jianlian

Marco Belinelli

Rudy Fernandez

Andrea Bargnani

Mouhamed Sene

Thabo Sefolosha

Oleksiy Pecherov

Sergio Rodriguez

Joel Freeland

That is a list of the last 25 Foreign Players selected in the 1st round. This list goes back to 2006.

http://www.nba.com/history/draft/index/

There is not a single all-star appearance amongst these guys. The odds are not good for Dennis turning that around and becoming an all-star and that is basically what it will take to be better than Teague.

Dennis is the clear one to trade. Good riddance if they will give 8 for the guy. Foreigners have shown over time that they are overhyped even more so than Americans in these drafts.

Edited by MrMeltdown