• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who is Pero talking about? An assistant coach?

Who is the best teammate you ever had and which one is the worst one? Pero Antić: Its tough to answer that question because they are all my friends The worst in the last years that I remember none.. Only one, but he is not a player

Whats next for you? Staying with the Hawks? Pero Antić: Yes! Im staying in Atlanta because I have one more year in my contract. I feel good in the team. City is great , people are great and I enjoy my time there

Who is the best teammate you ever had and which one is the worst one? Pero Antić: Its tough to answer that question because they are all my friends The worst in the last years that I remember none.. Only one, but he is not a player

maybe a ref... everyone hate them.

• Moderators

Probably talking about David West.

• Moderators

hawks are likely picking up his option. Then signing someone to replace brand. Bring bebe over

As hawksfanatic pointed out to me, it isn't a situation with an option - just a deadline where the salary becomes guaranteed. In practice there isn't a ton of difference between that and a team option but the default is that he will be with us and end up guaranteed rather than a default where we don't keep him if we do nothing.

The dude almost made the all rookie team and filled in nicely for Al. I know he shot terribly in the playoffs but we should be pretty excited to have him back.

He shot historically bad in the playoffs. Let's not downplay his epic fail of a performance. A ( -1 ) PER for the series, despite playing almost 25 minutes a game? Who does that?

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

He shot historically bad in the playoffs. Let's not downplay his epic fail of a performance. A ( -1 ) PER for the series, despite playing almost 25 minutes a game? Who does that?

A player put in position to fail. I'm not excusing him, he was terrible in that series. But he shouldn't have been out there all those minutes. Under normal circumstances he'd be on the bench until his mind (or body) gets right. But Bud had no one else to play at C except Brand who shot equally bad from the field. In retrospect, I think Bud should have given Muscala a chance but I can understand why he'd choose not to.

As HawksFanatić pointed out to me, it isn't a situation with an option - just a deadline where the salary becomes guaranteed. In practice there isn't a ton of difference between that and a team option but the default is that he will be with us and end up guaranteed rather than a default where we don't keep him if we do nothing.

Yeah, the more in-depth look at this tells you that Bird or Early-Bird Rights are involved. For Pero, this doesn't matter because he wouldn't have them. But in a scenario where a player has a non-guaranteed contract, then if he is waived the player will lose Bird or Early-Bird Rights (unless a team claims him like Gustavo)...

If this was a team option (like Chandler Parsons) and it is declined, then Bird/Early-Bird rights are not lost. This is why Houston is having such a difficult time with Chandler Parsons. If they decline his Team Option, then they can offer him a QO to make him RFA. They also would have Bird Rights to exceed the cap to sign him. But if they pick up the Team Option, Parsons is an unrestricted free agent for the next season. Houston would have Bird Rights on him though.

• Moderators

That's easy. The guy who does that is the guy who's only job is to pull the opposing center away from the basket and to set screens. Add to that a bunch of missed shots and you have a terrible PER. He had a couple bad games but most were good except for shooting. I don't think these type of stats are that useful for a playoff series but Antić registered a 4.3 +/- for the series (that we lost) whereas Brand had like -.8 if if looked that up right. I expect good things next year.

That's easy. The guy who does that is the guy who's only job is to pull the opposing center away from the basket and to set screens. Add to that a bunch of missed shots and you have a terrible PER. He had a couple bad games but most were good except for shooting. I don't think these type of stats are that useful for a playoff series but Antić registered a 4.3 +/- for the series (that we lost) whereas Brand had like -.8 if if looked that up right. I expect good things next year.

Yeah Brand was also AWFUL - the free line jumper he loves was a complete fail. I guess all those regular season minutes caught up to him.

• Moderators

Yeah Brand was also AWFUL - the free line jumper he loves was a complete fail. I guess all those regular season minutes caught up to him.

True but for all the knock the Pacers got they are still a good defensive team. As bad as Hibbert was Brand and Antić still had to defend him and he's a load. And they also had to get shots up over him. Not excusing the terrible shooting but just saying : Playoffs is hard!