• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Would Cavs want Horford or more?

So does this have legs or just a pipe dream because it would be awesome...

Pipe dream of course!...however I wouldn't be shocked if the rumor did have legs not because I want it to but because in Cleveland's case they need to make the playoffs or kyrie will likely walk next off season and they want to entertain the idea of bringing back lebron. To do either one they need veteran all star talent regardless and right now!

Assuming the rumors are true:

-Cavs want love....... but I doubt love is traded before the next season. It isn't likely to happen.

- Cavs want Aldrige......yeah to get Alridge they would have to include kyrie who the blazers don't need! And the number 1 pick to the blazers seem like a waste of time since LA looked like a bonafide superstar against the loaded rockets.

-Cavs want Noah......bulls aren't giving up their defense player of the year and anchor of the defense.

-Cavs want horford......very possible trade.

So does this have legs or just a pipe dream because it would be awesome...

Chad Ford said it so most likely pipe dream but man, if the NBA is smart they'd somehow allow us to get a star. It would benefit them greatly as well as us. I mean how many years can we go without a superstar since Nique left over 20 years ago. Smh. I'm just tired of not having a marquee guy on the Hawks.

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up like last offseason but this would be an incredible move. Also as much as I love Dennis' potential if there's someone at that 8th pick we really want too I'd be all for it. Those would be two picks in a deep draft that have a lot of upside. You know the kind of moves that would actually help turn this franchise around. So unlikely...

• Like 1

Im sorry but there is no way you pass on Parker or Wiggins for Embiid.

Thats like passing on Durant for Oden or passing on Jordan for Sam whatever his name was or even passing on Anthony for Milicic.

I mean no disrespect to Embiid but the days of dominate centers have passed and there is no sense in passing up true franchise players for a young center with upside. You cant teach size true but size is very obsolete these days.

The best wing players in todays NBA are way more valuable than the best centers in todays nba.

James

Durant

Kobe

10x more valuable than

Howard

Hibbert

Noah

Im sorry but there is no way you pass on Parker or Wiggins for Embiid.

Thats like passing on Durant for Oden or passing on Jordan for Sam whatever his name was or even passing on Anthony for Milicic.

I mean no disrespect to Embiid but the days of dominate centers have passed and there is no sense in passing up true franchise players for a young center with upside. You cant teach size true but size is very obsolete these days.

The best wing players in todays NBA are way more valuable than the best centers in todays nba.

James

Durant

Kobe

10x more valuable than

Howard

Hibbert

Noah

I can pretty much agree with this except that Parker and Wiggins both have a lot of questions about their games now that they didn't have when they were overly hyped coming into their freshman seasons. At this point I could be convinced to take any of the 3 of them if we had that top pick but I think that Parker would be my guy.

I like Parker too he just has to monitor his weight as he continues to develop his body.

Wiggins, because he so smooth and effortless I never really appreciated his athleticism until recently but dude can take off.

I like Parker too he just has to monitor his weight as he continues to develop his body.

Wiggins, because he so smooth and effortless I never really appreciated his athleticism until recently but dude can take off.

What worries me about Wiggins is that he has no idea what to do when someone is in front of him and it's VERY Marvin-ish and clumsy.

With Parker he can certainly do it all but he's got the weight issue which he seems to have in control right now since he's looking to be the #1 pick but will that continue after he's drafted or will he balloon back up? And what kind of teammate will he be? Will he give up the good shot to get a teammate a great shot? I don't know. And what's his level of defense going to be? I know Wiggins has star defensive potential but I don't know if Parker can defend at that level.

Moving down the pipe dream ladder just a little bit into more realistic longshotland: if SAC would do a Shredder-and-then-some deal for the 8th pick I'd snag Smart at that spot. But I'd want to hold onto that 15th pick, maybe toss in the 43rd with Shredder for the 8th. Snag Hood/Saric/Young/McDaniels with the 15th.

Moving down the pipe dream ladder just a little bit into more realistic longshotland: if SAC would do a Shredder-and-then-some deal for the 8th pick I'd snag Smart at that spot. But I'd want to hold onto that 15th pick, maybe toss in the 43rd with Shredder for the 8th. Snag Hood/Saric/Young/McDaniels with the 15th.

I doubt that Smart will be there with the 8th pick but if he is then you almost gotta take him. Problem is he's a shrimp and unless you've got bigger than average guys around him you could run into trouble defensively. He and Teague together would be a small backcourt, but they'd be incredible at getting to the hole.

If you take Smart are you then looking to move Teague so that you can play Smart at his more natural PG spot?

I doubt that Smart will be there with the 8th pick but if he is then you almost gotta take him. Problem is he's a shrimp and unless you've got bigger than average guys around him you could run into trouble defensively. He and Teague together would be a small backcourt, but they'd be incredible at getting to the hole.

If you take Smart are you then looking to move Teague so that you can play Smart at his more natural PG spot?

Smart has shown he can guard 2's very well in college (Even guarded 3's). He is very good defensively and uses his 6'10" wingspan to make up for him only being 6'4".

• Premium Member

Smart has shown he can guard 2's very well in college (Even guarded 3's). He is very good defensively and uses his 6'10" wingspan to make up for him only being 6'4".

I think Smart will end up being a 2 anyway in the league. He reminds me of Dion Waiters/Wade. I'd have no issue putting him in the backcourt with Teague. BTW, Parker would be a perfect fit here character wise and on the court. A lot was made of his weight 'issue', but people forget he was recovering from a foot injury sustained in high school and he still was great at Duke. He has since gotten back into shape and looks every bit the part of an elite SF. The guy is the real deal and he would step in and be the most skilled player on the Hawks from day one. But there is no way the Cavs or anybody in the top 3 trade their picks.

He actually measured 6' 3.25" and 6' 9.25" but still really good wingspan for a guy so short. Compare that with Teague who's 6' 1.5" and 6' 7.5" they might work together. Still a mini me backcourt though.

• Moderators

He actually measured 6' 3.25" and 6' 9.25" but still really good wingspan for a guy so short. Compare that with Teague who's 6' 1.5" and 6' 7.5" they might work together. Still a mini me backcourt though.

I would be very excited to see that mini backcourt play out. There has never been a time when quickness and passing skills were at such a premium in the NBA. With Smart's wingspan and athleticism, I think he could succeed in a two point lineup ala Phoenix. Bud's system seems like a good one for creating and exploiting mismatches with that kind of personnel (it would be a terrible idea for a coach/system like Woody). Plus, we are living in one of the worst eras for 2 guards in NBA history. As a point of comparison, consider that Reggie Miller only made 5 All-Star teams in his career due to the fierce competition while the clearly inferior Joe Johnson has made 7 teams and will probably tack on another 1 or 2 All-Star appearances by default before he is done.

I would be very excited to see that mini backcourt play out. There has never been a time when quickness and passing skills were at such a premium in the NBA. With Smart's wingspan and athleticism, I think he could succeed in a two point lineup ala Phoenix. Bud's system seems like a good one for creating and exploiting mismatches with that kind of personnel (it would be a terrible idea for a coach/system like Woody). Plus, we are living in one of the worst eras for 2 guards in NBA history. As a point of comparison, consider that Reggie Miller only made 5 All-Star teams in his career due to the fierce competition while the clearly inferior Joe Johnson has made 7 teams and will probably tack on another 1 or 2 All-Star appearances by default before he is done.

Well we do seem to like running the 2 PG lineup but I'm not sure if it's by design or by limits if our personnel. What would concern me about having another ball dominant guard on the court with Teague would be if he keeps up his aggressiveness or not.

Did you say shrimp?....lol...seriously hadn't heard that in a while. Haha

I'd love Smart. I wouldn't care if its redundant. Just get the BPA and have coach Bud work his magic with them. At some point you could balance the roster out with a trade or two. Ala Don Nelson style. But I agree that Smart wont slip past the 7th pick.

Wiggins is the guy that will be the marketable player...he will bring interest to the team

What makes him marketable? What if he is in the mold of Tim Duncan when it comes to the spotlight?

I'm just asking? That goes for Parker and Embiid as well.

Edited by JayBirdHawk