• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Would Cavs want Horford or more?

What makes him marketable? What if he is in the mold of Tim Duncan when it comes to the spotlight?

I'm just asking? That goes for Parker and Embiid as well.

If I had to guess on whose the most marketable between them I'd say

1. Parker

2. Wiggins

3. Embiid

Parker just has that certain Melo game and marketability about him. Wiggins seems to be quiet but his hops alone are gonna make him marketable. Embiid though seems super quiet, not too flashy, and just gets the job done on the court. That's just what I see when I watch them but not sure.

Did you say shrimp?....lol...seriously hadn't heard that in a while. Haha

I'd love Smart. I wouldn't care if its redundant. Just get the BPA and have coach Bud work his magic with them. At some point you could balance the roster out with a trade or two. Ala Don Nelson style. But I agree that Smart wont slip past the 7th pick.

Haha yeah he's a shrimp for a SG at 6'3 IN SHOES.

Honestly I think if you draft Smart it probably signals the end for Teague within a year but he should be able to fetch a good pick and/or player in return at another position of need.

With Horf's injury issue Cleveland would Not do that deal period.

Just like Cleveland wouldn't draft Bennett #1 last year or say that they'll win an NBA championship before Lebron does or countless other dumb things Cleveland are known for. Never say never with those guys.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just like Cleveland wouldn't draft Bennett #1 last year or say that they'll win an NBA championship before Lebron does or countless other dumb things Cleveland are known for. Never say never with those guys.

Think about it if your Cleveland. Why would you trade the #1 pick in the draft for a guy injured the last two years and now has suspect health issues? Not even Cleveland is that dumb.

Think about it if your Cleveland. Why would you trade the #1 pick in the draft for a guy injured the last two years and now has suspect health issues? Not even Cleveland is that dumb.

I understand what you're saying, just not sure that I agree with it. From Cleveland's perspective they're probably looking at Embiid (major injury question marks and who knows how talented he really is), Wiggins (questions about his desire) or Parker (questions about his defense, his weight, the position he'll play) and they've just come off of having a bust of a pick at #1 overall last year. They've missed the playoffs since Lebron left and are probably tired of adding more youth to the team. With Horford you get an All-Star caliber C who's just entering his prime and can really mentor their young guys. Sure he's had some fluke injuries that have ended his season but if they're confident that changing his strength training routine will fix that then it's not a big deal as it's not his ankles, knees or back, which I think would actually be major question marks. So yeah I can absolutely see this being possible.

I understand what you're saying, just not sure that I agree with it. From Cleveland's perspective they're probably looking at Embiid (major injury question marks and who knows how talented he really is), Wiggins (questions about his desire) or Parker (questions about his defense, his weight, the position he'll play) and they've just come off of having a bust of a pick at #1 overall last year. They've missed the playoffs since Lebron left and are probably tired of adding more youth to the team. With Horford you get an All-Star caliber C who's just entering his prime and can really mentor their young guys. Sure he's had some fluke injuries that have ended his season but if they're confident that changing his strength training routine will fix that then it's not a big deal as it's not his ankles, knees or back, which I think would actually be major question marks. So yeah I can absolutely see this being possible.

^^^This ...

And it can't be emphasized enough just how desperate they are to get back into the playoffs. Look at the crazy deal they made for having Deng for half a season just to be able to try and make another playoff appearance. There's no good excuse for that deal except trying DESPERATELY to make the playoffs. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

I remember during the season with all the 'tank for a draft pick' was all the rage I suggested that teams like Cleveland and the Kings who are desperately trying to make the playoffs and can't might look to trade their lottery picks for veterans cuz they don't want any more young players - all I heard was NO team will be trading their pick in this draft. Very interesting.

I remember during the season with all the 'tank for a draft pick' was all the rage I suggested that teams like Cleveland and the Kings who are desperately trying to make the playoffs and can't might look to trade their lottery picks for veterans cuz they don't want any more young players - all I heard was NO team will be trading their pick in this draft. Very interesting.

To be fair a lot of those people weren't looking at Al as a trade piece. A lot of those people were suggesting Lou and other filler were going to get us a good pick.

That was really before the spotlight started fading on these top prospects and we didn't know who'd win the top pick. But you're right if this actually happens I would be very surprised.

To be fair a lot of those people weren't looking at Al as a trade piece. A lot of those people were suggesting Lou and other filler were going to get us a good pick.

I specifically mentioned Sap+our Pick to kings.

Or even Teague since Sacto was interested in him before (swap of Teague for Jadon Thompson a few years ago). The consensus was NOBODY on the Hawks was worth a lottery pick.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

That was really before the spotlight started fading on these top prospects and we didn't know who'd win the top pick. But you're right if this actually happens I would be very surprised.

I never believed the hype. Tee hee!

That's cause you're always such a negative pessimist haha

Ohhh - you got me. I never believed D12 and CP3 were coming here either so I'm 2 for 2 - I'm good, lol!

• Premium Member

Hey I'm all for it happening, but don't think there is a snowballs chance. They would take Love in a heartbeat.

Hey I'm all for it happening, but don't think there is a snowballs chance. They would take Love in a heartbeat.

I'm sure they would but with Al you get a similar player and he's got another year under contract and would cost less.

• Moderators

Ohhh - you got me. I never believed D12 and CP3 were coming here either so I'm 2 for 2 - I'm good, lol!

You are only 2 for 2 once one of those top lottery picks actually gets traded!