• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Values of teams

capstone21

the market value of NBA teams have sky rocketed over the years and will continue to rise. A shit franchise like the Kings sold for 530 million. I find it funny that a few years ago during the lockout, the owners were complaining about losing money.

Personally I hate this cause it gives ASG more incentive to keep the franchise.

the market value of NBA teams have sky rocketed over the years and will continue to rise. A shit franchise like the Kings sold for 530 million. I find it funny that a few years ago during the lockout, the owners were complaining about losing money.

Personally I hate this cause it gives ASG more incentive to keep the franchise.

Only took 5 posts before someone bashed the ASG. Well done!

• Like 2

But Charlotte, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Jazz, and Denver are definitely more valuable.

Easily. Milwaukee just sold for 550 mil. The Hawks almost sold for 400 mil and that fell through. Failure of an organization.

Keep in mind that's the Microsoft dude. And where is Microsoft headquartered .....

Connect the dots

Not going to happen

The deal will including him not moving the team. It is on the News in Seattle right now.

Now if they include a expansion team for Seattle now that will be good but this will damper the efforts for a new team in Seattle.

Edited by NekiEcko

• Moderators

"Excuse me, bruthaman, have you got an extra million or two you can spare?"

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2-billion-clippers-sale-owners-steve-ballmer-union/

The league’s revenue-sharing system will soon ensure that every team makes a profit, or at least comes close. The Bobcats got $20 million from it last season, and they’ll get about that much again this season. The Pacers and Grizzlies snagged about $15 million apiece, according to several league sources, and even big-market teams such as Atlanta and Washington got some extra scratch. Only a short time ago, owning an NBA team was not a hugely profitable business. Owners used the losses as a tax benefit, knowing they’d reap the gain someday by selling the team outright. They just enjoyed the spotlight.

Extra scratch. Whatever that really is, I like it!

In related news, woo-hoo! We're a big-market team in somebody's eyes!

~lw3

• Like 2