• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks fans turning Spurs supporters?

Since Ferry and Bud joined the Hawks(mostly Bud as of late) I seem to be rooting like crazy for the Spurs to win it all(since Hawks are out). I've become a big Spurs supporter. In the past I have to admit I always kinda was neutral on them. I never hated them like I did the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls but always thought they were boring. Now I actually finding myself actively rooting for them.

Just wondering if this is going on with any of you guys out there as well? Just love the way they share the ball, make in game adjustments and play smart.

I've been a closet Spurs fan since they drafted TD when I found out he was from my neck of the woods.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I always admired them, but thought they were boring like most people at the height of their dominance, I guess around the time when they swept LeBron so casually. I started to become a fan 3 years ago when they were undefeated from the last part of the regular season until they dropped 4 straight to OKC. That is the best ball I've ever seen, let alone with half or their roster not too far removed from the D-League. Hell, even Parker and Ginobili can be in the dog house or trading block. I think Pop is easily the best ever.

It's enjoyable seeing the similarities between us and them. Of course they have Timmy, and they pass a little better as a team, and have a young two way stud in Leonard, and have been ingrained into the system longer, and guys know where and when to cut a little better, but we'll get there. The hallmarks are in place of giving up good shots for great ones, feeding the hot hand, smart team defense, outstanding three point and free throw shooting, setting and slipping screens to the death, and masterful in game and game-to-game adjustments. Similar to our situation where Pero had to be thrust into the starting lineup and gave us a shot in the arm, they start Bonner (who shouldn't be in the D-Leauge) for the first time all season, throw a few extra minutes to Diaw (who should've been out the league a few years ago) and walk to a blowout in a Westerm Conference Finals game facing 2 nuclear weapons.

It'll be interesting to see if we infuse a little "personality" and "charisma" into the team with a superstar-potential guy, or if the old Spurs way sees those type of guys as ultimately counterproductive because they need the ball to much, their market value is unreasonable, and attract stupid media attention.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

I want OKC to win...would love to see a Lebron vs Durant matchup

Sometimes I wonder about you! No way will I ever cheer for OKC or Miami... unless they're playing Boston or the Lakers.

I've been a Spurs supporter for a while now and put them 3rd on my list behind Atlanta and Houston. I love watching the Spurs play though.

• Moderators

I have rooted for the Spurs for a long time due to enjoyment of the way they played, the personatlities/attidudes on the team, and the respect for that front office. They have been my "first team to root for after Atlanta is out" for a while.

I am really rooting for "anyone but the Heat" even more than the Spurs, though.

• Like 1

Ya Jay I knew you were a Spur fan from older posts last summer when we hired Bud. Dolf, we need to be nice to Jay otherwise prolly no hookups on the island lol

• Admin

Sometimes I wonder about you! No way will I ever cheer for OKC or Miami... unless they're playing Boston or the Lakers.

I've been a Spurs supporter for a while now and put them 3rd on my list behind Atlanta and Houston. I love watching the Spurs play though.

I would never root for Miami.

Plus you know where I live right?

Goo Spurs! Always been a big fan of Pop, Timmy, Parker, and Manu. They play fundamentally basketball. That's why I was excited about Bud as well. Glad we re trying to follow their footsteps!

Edited by AHawks89

Ya Jay I knew you were a Spur fan from older posts last summer when we hired Bud. Dolf, we need to be nice to Jay otherwise prolly no hookups on the island lol

I don't think her husband will want her hooking up with you on the island anyway Spudz lol

I would never root for Miami.

Plus you know where I live right?

Yeah but you're a transplant. You should be Hawks, then Raptors, then OKC I suppose. But you're right I had forgotten about that until you reminded me.