• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks fans turning Spurs supporters?

They are the model organization. I have always loved watching them play. It's easy to say they are boring because they aren't flashy or have that stud player to wow you. If you have any appreciation for the game you should love watching the Spurs play. They are a well oiled machine that is almost always firing on all cylinders. Pop is the greatest coach in history. The team doesn't waver or panic when they things go bad. Honestly it's a thing of beauty.

A few years ago you could make the argument that they were boring but unless someone knows nothing about basketball there's no way they could be called boring. You truly have to watch this offense by rewinding and then watching each play again and focusing on different players to appreciate all that goes into each set play. It's just a thing of beauty and I'm soooo excited that we're developing that in Atlanta. It's funny but so far Bud is the only former assistant of Pop who's been able to take the system and effectively use it elsewhere in the league. #spurseast #eventhehawks

• Like 2

• Moderators

They are the model organization. I have always loved watching them play. It's easy to say they are boring because they aren't flashy or have that stud player to wow you. If you have any appreciation for the game you should love watching the Spurs play. They are a well oiled machine that is almost always firing on all cylinders. Pop is the greatest coach in history. The team doesn't waver or panic when they things go bad. Honestly it's a thing of beauty.

I feel exactly the same way but it still shows how no one is perfect. Why Ginobili is launching a sideways 20 footer at the end of regulation instead of going to the big fundamental I don't know. But he fixed it in OT big time.

I feel exactly the same way but it still shows how no one is perfect. Why Ginobili is launching a sideways 20 footer at the end of regulation instead of going to the big fundamental I don't know. But he fixed it in OT big time.

Ginobili is an awesome player, but Pop definitely gets angry with him lol.

• Moderators

Ginobili is the one guy on that team that will actively shoot them out of games at times. I really, really hope he has a MUCH better finals than he did last year.

• Like 2

Manu makes some really stupid decisions sometimes. He single handedly gave Miami the title last year with his dumb play.

I am going to go Stern and his gang handed Miami a title. Allen was out of bounds when he caught the ball in the corner.

Manu did make some awful decision throughout that series though, so it's hard to argue.

• Moderators

I don't know if anyone has noticed but Steve Hummer has a column slot back on ajc.com and thank god. He is a fantastic writer. Check out his thoughts on the finals

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/further-review-five-reasons-to-spur-on-spurs/ngBhC/

5. Maybe in the end, it’s just a case of Heat exhaustion. Maybe I’m just so old and so grumpy that I can’t stand the thought of Miami carnival sideshow Chris Anderson having two NBA titles (twice the number of Julius Erving, oh, the injustice!). Maybe it’s an aged fan’s prerogative to appreciate the Big Fundamental (Duncan) over the Big Fun (South Beach). But there it is, the single overriding reason to root on the Spurs: They are not the Heat.
  • Like 2

I am going to go Stern and his gang handed Miami a title. Allen was out of bounds when he caught the ball in the corner.

Manu did make some awful decision throughout that series though, so it's hard to argue.

Oh yeah there were several big things that gave Miami the edge but I swear it seemed like Manu had money on the Heat to win with some of his Josh level decisions.

• Like 2

47 years since it's inception - San Antonio has missed the playoffs a TOTAL of 4 times ('72,'83, '88 and '96). Gimme some of that.

The Hawks have missed the playoffs 8 times in just the last 15 years. resent.gif

• Moderators

47 years since it's inception - San Antonio has missed the playoffs a TOTAL of 4 times ('72,'83, '88 and '96). Gimme some of that.

The Hawks have missed the playoffs 8 times in just the last 15 years. resent.gif

So 50% of the time that they miss the playoffs they end up with the #1 pick in a draft with an absolute no-brainer franchise stud.

Gimme some of that, too!

• Like 2

So 50% of the time that they miss the playoffs they end up with the #1 pick in a draft with an absolute no-brainer franchise stud.

Gimme some of that, too!

It's also important to add the right pieces(draft and free agency) around the #1 draft pick particularly when you are drafting late.

Article on Pop and Duncan:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10955188/gregg-popovich-tim-duncan-stories

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

It's also important to add the right pieces(draft and free agency) around the #1 draft pick particularly when you are drafting late.

Article on Pop and Duncan:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10955188/gregg-popovich-tim-duncan-stories

Much easier to add around a centerpiece than to take a bunch of complimentary parts and add the centerpiece. There is no doubt, however, that you won't win much with a poorly constructed roster regardless of how good the centerpiece is.

• Like 1