• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hi Everyone

Dirtybird26

I was paid more than MJ

That's an urban myth. Reporting on salary in the NBA was pathetic in the late 80s and early 90s. Koncak was never the highest earning on the team nor paid more than MJ. Reporters had a tough time understanding that Koncak had a different salary each year in his contact...

That's an urban myth. Reporting on salary in the NBA was pathetic in the late 80s and early 90s. Koncak was never the highest earning on the team nor paid more than MJ. Reporters had a tough time understanding that Koncak had a different salary each year in his contact...

Dang, CBA guru past and present!
  • Like 2

I wanna say I remember Jon Contract getting 21 or 23 million over 6 years with the Hawks. Back then that was a huuuuuge contract.

I never saw it reported that high.

http://cnnsi.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1069012/1/index.htm

Most of the numbers reported were 6 years between $13m and $13.2m. The average compensation would be ~$2.2m but that isn't necessarily his salary for each year. And indeed if you look at basketball-reference salary numbers you see that Jon had an increasing salary during those years.

I never saw it reported that high.

http://cnnsi.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1069012/1/index.htm

Most of the numbers reported were 6 years between $13m and $13.2m. The average compensation would be ~$2.2m but that isn't necessarily his salary for each year. And indeed if you look at basketball-reference salary numbers you see that Jon had an increasing salary during those years.

Good call. My memory is dying.