• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Teague top 10?

Dirtybird26

• Premium Member

And here ya go @Diesel, Irving, 4 years younger than Teague, beat him out this year. Irving isn't that much better than Teague but considering his age, experience, teammates and coaching I'd say doing better than Teague is a pretty clear indicator how much better he actually is.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-05-31 at 10.04.26 AM.png

Seems to me like Irving chucks more shots and passes slightly less with a lower FG%. He's a former #1 overall. That's taking the whole year off (as I said).

Seems to me like Irving chucks more shots and passes slightly less with a lower FG%. He's a former #1 overall. That's taking the whole year off (as I said).

You're seeing what you want to see instead of how Irving, who's FOUR YEARS YOUNGER, had the better season than Teague. Not that Irving's season was special but it was still better than Teague's. If you can't see that then you're just being a homer.

Paul

Curry

Parker

Lillard
Rondo

Teague

Westbrook
Wall
Conley
Lowry
Irving

To me, Westbrook without Ibaka and KD wouldn't make the top 7, no doubt and without KD he would get the likes of Paul George guarding him. In the playoffs Lillard and Teague did 10X better than Lowry, which are the games that actually count. Further more, I wouldn't even count Deron Williams anymore. He performance against Chalmers was pathetic, honestly. Wall better than Teague? He wasn't even guarded by Paul George, Beal was and you rate Wall better than Teague? Are you kidding me? Irving isn't better than Teague, he's just on an inferior team.

Edited by red2play

• Moderators

I think Teague is close to top 10 but not there yet. If continues his playoff level of play (which will translate into better numbers against worse defenses in the regular season), then he will end up in the top 10 but he was just average last season over the whole of the regular. I can't say he has separated himself from guys like Lawson who most of you guys don't even have on your lists until he shows that consistency:

Ty Lawson

17.6 ppg, .554 TS%, 2.75 A/TO ratio, 3.5 rpg, 1.6 spg, 19.0 PER, .136 WS/48

Jeff Teague

16.5 ppg, .541 TS%, 2.31 A/TO ratio, 2.9 rpg, 1.3 spg, 17.1 PER, .098 WS/48

Paul

Curry

Parker

Lillard

Rondo

Teague

Westbrook

Wall

Conley

Lowry

Irving

To me, Westbrook without Ibaka and KD wouldn't make the top 7, no doubt and without KD he would get the likes of Paul George guarding him. In the playoffs Lillard and Teague did 10X better than Lowry, which are the games that actually count. Further more, I wouldn't even count Deron Williams anymore. He performance against Chalmers was pathetic, honestly. Wall better than Teague? He wasn't even guarded by Paul George, Beal was and you rate Wall better than Teague? Are you kidding me? Irving isn't better than Teague, he's just on an inferior team.

What?

Sorry I don't mean to be an ass but I don't understand why some of you put wall in 1-8!...that guy has so many flaws in his game it's insane....wall is barely a top 10 pg in my opinion

No love for Rubio it appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When your coach won't play you in 4th quarters because you can't shoot or finish at the rim it doesn't look good for your ranking. I don't even think Rondo was treated like that.

As for Kyrie, I don't think you can overlook the fact that both his coach and GM were canned so clearly there are factors with that team well beyond his control. He was an All Star starter and MVP so it's clear that he can play amongst the very best when engaged and he's likely going to be the headliner at this summer's FIBA World Cup. If that doesn't get you top 10 billing then I don't know what will.