• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I'm all about giving guys a chance...

Diesel

• Premium Member

How about Danny Granger.

He fits our team very well. He's mature. He's got great skills. He should be rather cheap based on the fact that he didn't get a lot of playing time in LAC. I think 2 year 6 Million with a 2nd year PO is what we ought to offer him. He can play SF or Stretch 4. Give Mike Scott some competition. Allow us to focus solely on the 2 position and if he gets back his form, he can be a great asset to this team.

I wouldn't mind Granger on a reasonable Ferry type contract at all. High character, hard working guy who has a lot left to contribute. He is coming off an injury but the guy came out in the Marvin 05 draft so I still think he's got another 2-5 years to contribute to a team. He would do well in a Bud Spurs system for sure.

Not for me his knees are shot and it's only a matter of time before he has another long term injury and even if he doesn't he'll always be limited by them.

Do you think the knees are shot Oden/Bynum style?

Do you think the knees are shot Oden/Bynum style?

Yep from what I've read they pretty much are. The plus for him is that he's much smaller than them, but that's still not going to save his career. Sad because the dude is a very talented guy, but those knees are bad. Even if he knees hold up he's going to have other leg injuries from compensating for his bad knees.

• Like 1

Yep from what I've read they pretty much are. The plus for him is that he's much smaller than them, but that's still not going to save his career. Sad because the dude is a very talented guy, but those knees are bad. Even if he knees hold up he's going to have other leg injuries from compensating for his bad knees.

That's true. Prolly gonna hurt his shins, calves, ankles etc. Dang I didn't know they were that bad. Really sucks because he is one of the good guys in the league. He's got a nice outside shot but much of his game was slashing. With bad knees he's gonna rely more on his outside and teams will scout that and take it away from him.

Like I said -bench role only.

How'd he look for the Clips? Minutes/points etc,?

16 mpg, 8 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 turnovers. Also had a pulled hamstring and missed some time, which goes back to what I was saying about compensation injuries.

I understand liking Granger but I don't want another guy on our roster who's got bad knees taking up roster and salary cap space.

How quickly we've forgotten Speedy Claxton.

16 mpg, 8 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 turnovers. Also had a pulled hamstring and missed some time, which goes back to what I was saying about compensation injuries.

I understand liking Granger but I don't want another guy on our roster who's got bad knees taking up roster and salary cap space.

He is most likely gonna get a one year deal wherever he goes Dolf. Low Risk-Medium Reward here.

He is most likely gonna get a one year deal wherever he goes Dolf. Low Risk-Medium Reward here.

Probably, but unless we're just looking to fill a roster spot and use up remaining cash I don't see the benefit to us. I'd rather give a young guy a chance and try and find another diamond like DMC.

Speedy was supposed to be our Saviour at PG - eeeech.

• Premium Member

A 2 year deal with the 2nd year not guarantee is a good gamble for a guy with his ability. We've given more for less. I say 2 year, 3 + 3 with the 2nd year not guaranteed.