• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where there's trade smoke there's possibly fire

Admin

I doubt that the Kings would take Dennis for the #8 pick straight up but then again I don't work in the Kings front office so I wouldn't know. However if the Kings would take Dennis straight up for the #8 pick then I think DF definitely has to consider. I like Schröeder and think he can be a great player in the NBA in a few years but if trading him meant getting another future star at a different position, since Teague is our PG, then I would be all for trading Schröder straight up for the #8. The question would then be who do we take at #8 and then at #15?

Edited by CTann

The question would then be who do we take at #8 and then at #15?

You package them for a top 3 pick and walk away with whoever's left of Embiid/Parker/Wiggins.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

You package them for a top 3 pick and walk away with whoever's left of Embiid/Parker/Wiggins.

I don't see Cleveland, Milwaukee or Philadelphia trading down. Unfortunately, I'm starting to think Saric is the Hawks target. I want to like him, but I'm just not impressed.
  • Like 1

Orlando has the 4th and 12th picks. Think they would do an 8th+15th for the 4th? That would give them 8th/12th/15th, which then might be enough to lure Cleveland out of the #1 slot. Would it be worth Hawks' while to give up 8/15 for 4th? Exum? Man this could get interesting, even if it's just fantasy for now. I'd love to be in the warroom on draft night.

Just read this from Aran Smith on NBAdraft.net from a few days ago, concerning ORL's 4th pick and Exum:

"Orlando already has an experiment going on trying to turn a SG (Oladipo) into a PG. Are they ready for a second one? A trade here is possible with a team such as the Lakers moving up for Exum and the Magic targeting a big such as Vonleh or Randle a few spots down. Exum is the biggest wildcard of this year's draft. He's a terrific kid with a great deal of talent, but without question he's still very unproven as his biggest accomplishments have been in the form of international matches playing against low level of competition. He was very impressive playing for his Australian national team in competitions such as the U19 World championships in Prague. He's got a ton of upside due to his versatility to potential to play either guard position and extreme quickness off the dribble, and has drawn comparisons to Penny Hardaway. he may scare away some teams due to unfamiliarity. He has some kinks to work out such as a shot that lacks much trajectory. Is he a PG or SG at the NBA level? Scouts appear to be split down the middle on this. He must learn to either become a facilitator or learn to play off the ball. But surely a kid with a bright future. NBA Comparison: Penny Hardaway"

• Premium Member

Let's talk Dennis to the Kings. Why would the Kings want Dennis...

Well, last summer, he played against the Kings in SL?

Dennis Schröder continued to impress, scoring 15 points and dishing out five assists. He had his best shooting night from long-distance going 3-of-6 from beyond the arc and did well containing Ray McCallum, forcing him into a 12 point night on 33% shooting.

Did they see him int he reg season?

Yep.

So what are the Kings looking for in the draft? The first thing on their list is defense in the backcourt. Perimeter defense. Maybe they have looked at the playmaking and the defense that Dennis brings and said... They would give up #8 for that.

Maybe Ferry is willing. He did acknowledge that he had heard such things.

• Like 1

I was surprised DF acknowledged he heard the rumor about Kings. Not sure how to interpret that but tend to think if he was in talks with them he wouldn't have mentioned it. 15 and Lou for 8.

Lou doesn't help them in any way address their weaknesses and he'd just add quite a bit of salary.

• Premium Member

Let's talk Dennis to the Kings. Why would the Kings want Dennis...

Well, last summer, he played against the Kings in SL?

Did they see him int he reg season?

Yep.

So what are the Kings looking for in the draft? The first thing on their list is defense in the backcourt. Perimeter defense. Maybe they have looked at the playmaking and the defense that Dennis brings and said... They would give up #8 for that.

Maybe Ferry is willing. He did acknowledge that he had heard such things.

Hey If they'll do Dennis for #8 straight up AND keep #15, how can you NOT do that deal? But that deal just seems too good to be true. That's how I know this is just speculation. But if we did have #8 and #15 going into the draft, I'm pretty sure Ferry would do everything he could to package those two picks to move even higher in the draft.

Hey If they'll do Dennis for #8 straight up AND keep #15, how can you NOT do that deal? But that deal just seems too good to be true. That's how I know this is just speculation. But if we did have #8 and #15 going into the draft, I'm pretty sure Ferry would do everything he could to package those two picks to move even higher in the draft.

If it were me with those picks I'm taking LaVine and Anderson. We'd have the sickest passing team in the league. Any player among our starters could initiate the offense and we'd be seeing alley oops all over the place.

• Like 1

If it were me with those picks I'm taking LaVine and Anderson. We'd have the sickest passing team in the league. Any player among our starters could initiate the offense and we'd be seeing alley oops all over the place.

Plus two guys who already have chemistry playing together would be great.

• Premium Member

Well, wait a minute. Our GM said that he had heard that the Kings might be willing to trade #8. When a rumor gets to a GM level, it's beyond mere speculation of a reporter. For if that were the case, DFerry would have said " that's just speculation". Or something politically correct. Instead, we have our GM saying..."I have heard that also." Almost like he was scratching his beard.

I don't really see Dennis having a future with us, but he's far better than most of the PGs that can be had at 8. Better perimeter defender for certain and he could have lots of upside.

• Moderators

I would have a very tough time passing on Smart, Randle, Gordon or Vonleh at that #8 spot.

• Like 1

I would have a very tough time passing on Smart, Randle, Gordon or Vonleh at that #8 spot.

I agree but all except Gordon will most likely be off the board. I love Vonleh and Smart but it would be a miracle for them to last until the 8th pick.

• Moderators

I agree but all except Gordon will most likely be off the board. I love Vonleh and Smart but it would be a miracle for them to last until the 8th pick.

If anyone likes Gordon, one of those three will be there unless you are looking at Exum, Parker, Wiggins or Embiid dropping to #8 and I am putting that at a 0% chance. The others at least have all been there in various mocks.

• Like 1

If anyone likes Gordon, one of those three will be there unless you are looking at Exum, Parker, Wiggins or Embiid dropping to #8 and I am putting that at a 0% chance. The others at least have all been there in various mocks.

Wiggins

Parker

Embiid

Exum

Vonleh

Smart

Randle

That's the top 7 right there. I guess there is a chance one of those teams would pick Gordon in the top 7 but highly unlikely. So I guess it would come down to a Gordon vs LaVine choice.

Not me. Maybe Smart if he's there but I have no problem passing up PF's to take a very talented wing. NBADraft.net has mocked LaVine in the 9th spot in their current mock so it's not like it's a stretch.

• Moderators

Wiggins

Parker

Embiid

Exum

Vonleh

Smart

Randle

That's the top 7 right there. I guess there is a chance one of those teams would pick Gordon in the top 7 but highly unlikely. So I guess it would come down to a Gordon vs LaVine choice.

I think that is likely but not certain.

Here is Chad Ford's latest mock with Smart at #8:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/mock/?season=2014&version=6&source=Chad-Ford-Mock-Draft

(He has Gordon going #6 to Boston).