• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: DMC Snubbed for All Defensive Teams

Diesel

• Premium Member

1st and 2nd all defensive teams were announced and there was no DMC.

He was snubbed. They had Butler ahead of DMC.

But reading, I see that DMCthealltime great would have still be behind guys like Oladipo, Curry, Hinrich, Westbrook, Stephenson and many more.

My question is what are these guys looking at?? They must not see that DMC is a stopper.

I can't be too mad though... DeAndre Jordan and Tony Allen were snubbed too.

No matter how much he's snubbed, he's still working:

BpJSCLrIMAEVCal.jpg

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 2

Jeff Zillgitt: NBA All-Defensive first team announced: Joakim Noah, Paul George, Serge Ibaka, Andre Iguodala, Chris Paul

Jeff Zillgitt: NBA All-Defensive second team: LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Patrick Beverley, Roy Hibbert Twitter @JeffZillgitt

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.28hZytBi.dpuf

Was Iggy and Butller better than DMC? What's the criteria? Can someone run the defensive stats?

1st and 2nd all defensive teams were announced and there was no DMC.

He was snubbed. They had Butler ahead of DMC.

But reading, I see that DMCthealltime great would have still be behind guys like Oladipo, Curry, Hinrich, Westbrook, Stephenson and many more.

My question is what are these guys looking at?? They must not see that DMC is a stopper.

I can't be too mad though... DeAndre Jordan and Tony Allen were snubbed too.

No matter how much he's snubbed, he's still working:

BpJSCLrIMAEVCal.jpg

Didn't he say that he would contribute most of his off-season on developing his handles? I think we might be looking at one of the best 3 and D players in the game if he can accomplish it.

• Like 4

Yeah, him and Curry getting votes pretty much renders the award useless.

Problem is there aren't a lot of really good defensive PG's in the game. I mean can you really name more than 2-3? SG isn't a whole lot better but it's not as weak defensively as PG.

I see Milsap and Teague got votes

There aren't a whole lot of defensive studs outside of the 3 and 5 spots. Teague did take a big step forward with this defense this year though and Millsap was far better than I expected him to be. I had no idea he'd block or alter shots as much as he does.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Now Tony Allen got snubbed. Nobody wants him guarding them for an entire game. He's a straight up pest.

DeAndre Jordan got Snubbed twice. Having Noah as DPOY is some kind of Joke right. He doesn't stack up.

DeAndre Jordan got Snubbed twice. Having Noah as DPOY is some kind of Joke right. He doesn't stack up.

Yep I gotta agree with you on Jordan, but I don't agree on Noah. Hibbert is the joke here. Noah tied for the NBA lead among C's in best defensive rating and Jordan was slightly behind, tied with Hibbert. But Jordan was far and away the better rebounder compared to Hibbert and also the far better shot blocker compared to Noah.

Jordan should have been 1st team and Noah 2nd team.

Seriously how does Hibbert only get 6.6 rebounds per game? That guy is just pathetic.

post-5-0-07925500-1401746047_thumb.png

• Premium Member

Yep I gotta agree with you on Jordan, but I don't agree on Noah. Hibbert is the joke here. Noah tied for the NBA lead among C's in best defensive rating and Jordan was slightly behind, tied with Hibbert. But Jordan was far and away the better rebounder compared to Hibbert and also the far better shot blocker compared to Noah.

Jordan should have been 1st team and Noah 2nd team.

Seriously how does Hibbert only get 6.6 rebounds per game? That guy is just pathetic.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-06-02 at 4.50.29 PM.png

Does your stat take into consideration PACE? Sorry but DeAndre = More rebounds and Blocks than Noah. Those two stats effect the game alot from a defensive standpoint. It's 1 more BPG than Noah. Hibbert is a joke too.

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingDefense.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=50&sortField=FGA_DEFEND_RIM&sortOrder=DES&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&filters=GP*G*50**FGA_DEFEND_RIM*G*3

Can't do the screenshot thing but at the rim defense belongs to Jordan in a major way.