• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sounds like Buds happy with the group we have

NJHAWK

Welp, had Horf stayed healthy, Hawks would've been top 5 in the east and quite possibly made the ECFs. With THIS squad. In Bud's FIRST year. Not a bad start. Enough? No. But that's where the tradeable pieces and cap space and draft and FA Class of 2015 come in. I don't think Bud's "happy with the group we have" as in "we're already there". I think he feels more like "we're well on our way" with this group.

Edited by hazer

• Premium Member

And you thought he would say... ?

Sorry, the cynical part of me has heard the off-season coach-speak before, and it's just like the off-season free agent talk (ie, "I love it here. I hope they'll re-sign me. I want to finish my career here.")... there's no purpose served by burning bridges or even hinting at burning bridges.

• Like 2

Talked about backup sf and adding depth with the 15th pick and cap room. Building around the group we have and hope Al stays healthy.

This isn't surprising! Everybody think bud:ferry sign these players just to trade them. I really believe they like the players we have but their just open to options.

• Like 2

What's not to be happy about? He has a group that bought into the game plan, that played the way he wanted them to and had a don't quit attitude despite all the injuries. Happy yes - content, absolutely not.

Good 1st year Bud.

And you thought he would say... ?

Sorry, the cynical part of me has heard the off-season coach-speak before, and it's just like the off-season free agent talk (ie, "I love it here. I hope they'll re-sign me. I want to finish my career here.")... there's no purpose served by burning bridges or even hinting at burning bridges.

" We have the 15th pick and cap room which is exciting and we have a good group coming back which is even more exciting" He said more than once we have a good group to build around. Now I know these guys arent going to tell you they are talking blockbuster trades and Im sure nothing is in stone but his words and his voice sounded pretty happy with keeping our guys and adding depth.

• Premium Member

" We have the 15th pick and cap room which is exciting and we have a good group coming back which is even more exciting" He said more than once we have a good group to build around. Now I know these guys arent going to tell you they are talking blockbuster trades and Im sure nothing is in stone but his words and his voice sounded pretty happy with keeping our guys and adding depth.

That is not going to get past the second round.

That is not going to get past the second round.

Main thing will be Horfords health, he cant get injured again. Pick 15 could help but like Bebe and Bricky we cant expect too much help from that next year unless we get lucky. So really its free agency, who can we get. Were a top 4 or 5 team in the east just with a healthy Al. We are capable of beating any team in the east in a playoff series except Miami just with a healthy Al. Im not saying we will but we can. Lets see who we add.

Some of the optimism might be a little...otimistic. When it mattered, Indy turned it up and shut us down. The talent gap between us and them was huge. Horf doesn't bridge the gap. We need to add better talent, size and depth.

As is, we're likely a mid to late seed, with NO chance at winning it all.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Talked about backup sf and adding depth with the 15th pick and cap room. Building around the group we have and hope Al stays healthy.

Even if we trade up to NUMBER 8, I think this is what we will see.

I like the idea of giving it a go with Horf, Sap, DMC, Korver, Teague with Asic, Scott, #15, Lavine, and Mack as our key BU reserves.

I would happily take Lavine #8 and Anderson #15.

Continuation of Chemistry and those UCLA players always play up to their max potential. I don't know why... but UCLA produces good pros... every since after O'Bannon.

Even if we trade up to NUMBER 8, I think this is what we will see.

I like the idea of giving it a go with Horf, Sap, DMC, Korver, Teague with Asic, Scott, #15, Lavine, and Mack as our key BU reserves.

I would happily take Lavine #8 and Anderson #15.

Continuation of Chemistry and those UCLA players always play up to their max potential. I don't know why... but UCLA produces good pros... every since after O'Bannon.

Who is Asic? Did you mean Asik? Or Antić?

Who is Asic? Did you mean Asik? Or Antić?

He meant a combo of both. Mythological two headed creature Asic. The rebounding and defensive prowess of Asik with the soft touch of Antić.

He meant a combo of both. Mythological two headed creature Asic. The rebounding and defensive prowess of Asik with the soft touch of Antić.

How would you know how soft Antić's touch is? I don't think your old lady is gonna appreciate knowing that Uncle Pero touched you.

• Like 3

How would you know how soft Antić's touch is? I don't think your old lady is gonna appreciate knowing that Uncle Pero touched you.

Touché .... This could be bad. She's gonna put me on a no corn dog diet again for the finals. I can't stand the thought of life without corn dogs :-(

Ps uncle Pero lost those privileges when he decided not to show up for the Pacers series. His loss. :-/

Opps... Fraudian right now... Antić.

I think I'm gonna be giving your posts extra "likes" from now on due to your avatar alone. "Another quaalude she'll love me in the morning".

Then it does not sound like he wants to win a title all that badly.

Sorry, this team was not all that good before Al got hurt last year.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Then it does not sound like he wants to win a title all that badly.

Sorry, this team was not all that good before Al got hurt last year.

With our entire starting 5 together (including replacing Al with Antić I believe), they were something like 31-16? We just had too many injuries this year and not quite enough talent to overcome it. With Al we very likely would have been playing the Heat in the ECF and our system gives them fits.

SOME OF OUR MORE "OPTIMISTIC" POSTERS:

They are sure that, if the Atlanta Hawks had all the first five picks

in this year's draft and kept every player on our current roster, we

would have a lot of trouble making the top eight next season

Everyone is so much better than us, no matter what. We're a bunch

of losers. Why do they bother? Because they really enjoy running

down the Hawks and everything that they do, that's why!

GO ATL HAWKS (AND DREAM!)

• Like 1