• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chad Ford: More talk of Hawks trading Horford to Cleveland and other trades

Admin

Can we put this Horford/Malone comparison to bed? Malone is possibly the best power forward in the history if the NBA. Throw in Pettit and Duncan. Malone is in the top 3, Horford isn't.

Can we put this Horford/Malone comparison to bed? Malone is possibly the best power forward in the history if the NBA. Throw in Pettit and Duncan. Malone is in the top 3, Horford isn't.

Duncan is better than Malone. The only question is whether he's a PF or a C.

Duncan is better than Malone. The only question is whether he's a PF or a C.

I agree but the pundits always stick him in the pf category. I personally think he's a center. I guess you can argue he was a pf when the admiral played center but ever since he's been their center. So 97-03 pf, 03-current center. More years at center.

• Moderators

I agree but the pundits always stick him in the pf category. I personally think he's a center. I guess you can argue he was a pf when the admiral played center but ever since he's been their center. So 97-03 pf, 03-current center. More years at center.

I don't think he's their center now. Splitter is the center and sometimes diaw.

He was also a pf in 04-06 with Rasho and he has been a pf from 12-now.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Actually he's only playing about half of their C minutes with Splitter getting the other half of them. Still though you could pencil him in as the best PF of all time and one of the best C's of all time.

• Like 2

It's funny how everyone forgets about Jeff struggles because he's going up v. a team all out of sorts and doesn't match-up v. us. The minute they gameplanned for Jeff, his series was as good as over.

Jeff was inconsistent all year. The 2nd half of the year our most important player wasn't Jeff or Sap, it was Antić and DMC.

Good Lord.

facepalm1.jpg?w=460

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

In the past I was against trading Horf. At this point I am in favor of moving him. He is becoming injury prone and only has 2 years left on his deal. while he is still a very good player. I think it is time to move him if the Hawks can get back something significant.

• Like 1

You are overvaluing the 8th pick. The 8th pick in the lottery is not good enough to get you a near allstar like Teague who burst out in the playoffs. I think the smoke is real and they want Dennis. They scouted him as a foreign athlete. They watched him play up close in our SL... and despite the fact that he hit Cousins in the yambag, they also noted how he played against them this season.

For them, he would be a shining upgrade over what they have and would be a young PG to feed Cousins out of the PNR.

Looking at this smoke, I wholeheartedly believe that there's a real fire.... and Dennis would be enough.

The picks are being over-valued in general. If we are sending out a player like Al - we should be getting the 1st pick plus stuff.

Not including more players.

The picks are being over-valued in general. If we are sending out a player like Al - we should be getting the 1st pick plus stuff.

Not including more players.

It depends on the draft. Cavs fans are treating their pick like it's Lebron they are drafting. Not realistic at all.

But in general. Strong class like this one, you should be able to get an legit All Star for the #1 pick.

When you got someone like Duncan, Lebron, or Oden(draft Oden not today). You do not trade the pick unless it's for Lebron, Duncan, or Durant.

• Like 1

This thread could become one of classics.

For me I'm for improving the team. Falling in love with a single player blinds you to potential. Best example locally is Dale Murphy in the late 80s. The Braves could have acquired a boat load from the Mets (David Cone and some others, I think), but the Braves refused trade Dale because he was the franchise. Never mind they were one of the worst teams in league history over a three year stretch. Point is the Braves held onto Dale way too long out of loyalty. I strongly hope the Hawks don't do this. This franchise must make bold moves to change fortunes. Trading Hoff for Embiid is that move, IMO.

Moving Dennis for #8 may make sense depending on who is still on the board, as well. I think that was the topic of the original post

http://www.buckeyestatesports.com/nba-trade-rumors-should-the-cleveland-cavaliers-pursue-atlanta-hawk-al-horford/

This author seems to think Cleveland could get Horford for less than the first pick. He values Horford less due to injuries the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.buckeyestatesports.com/nba-trade-rumors-should-the-cleveland-cavaliers-pursue-atlanta-hawk-al-horford/

This author seems to think Cleveland could get Horford for less than the first pick. He values Horford less due to injuries the past few years.

That is horrible - so basically trade Al for cap space and Tristan Thompson? They get to keep the #1 pick, Kyrie, Waiters, Al and dump Varejo's contract - homer Cavs fan.

I'll keep Horf and his pecs.

• Moderators

Who is Bob Evans?

utumahat.jpg

Ohhh... lol

In seriousness, I think Ferry values Horf enough that would take a top 3 pick for him to trade Horf.

Cavs need scoring out of the frontcourt and everyone in Cavs nation would be looking to unite Wes and Uncle Drew before adding Horford.

Horford is our guy and no one is coming here w/o him. Go after pick 6-10 and then figure out a way to get Melo here.

• Like 2

Sure, we can get Kyrie for Mack and Lou as well.

It's clear he's an idiot. Why post this trash?

The writer should stick to what he knows best, southern restaurants. Bob Evans writing about NBA trades that's just comical.

I don't think we realize how much Horf's trade stock has fallen due to his injuries.

Horf had no lasting effects from the 1sr torn pec, there should be no reason to doubt he will not recover from the second just as well.

The concern would be changing whatever is the cause so it decreases the chance of it happening again. Al is still on a great deal which actually maintains his trade value.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Horf had no lasting effects from the 1sr torn pec, there should be no reason to doubt he will recover from the second.

The concern would be changing whatever is the cause so it decreases the chance of it happening again. Al is still on a great deal which actually maintains his trade value.

Hard to say if he had no lasting effects or not. It's entirely possible that the 1st injury / rehab led to the 2nd injury from overcompensating or something. Plus Horford never looked quite as good at his mid-range jumper after that injury. I think the 1st one was to his shooting arm side boob though wasn't it?