• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's start the discussion.... Elton Brand.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Do we reup the Brandman?

He's playing one more year. Defensively, he's very solid. Offensively, he can hit a layup. He would be a depth guy for us.

I think i saw that defensively, he was the guy that was a good rim protector.

Moreover, do we start grooming him to be an A. Coach?

• Admin

I like him but I wait until other free agents are signed and see where we lay.

What he brings to the court is very replaceable. His experience and leadership is much harder to replace.

He will probably go to somewhere that he thinks he will finally win that championship as this may be his last season

People don't realize how good Brand was for us last year. I posted it in another thread but even Brand last year was better than Zaza in his best year. For 2 million or so I'd absolutely bring Brand back just so our young guys and even Horford would have someone skilled to play against in practice every day. Brand can still give us valuable minutes but I don't want him playing 20 mpg.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

People don't realize how good Brand was for us last year. I posted it in another thread but even Brand last year was better than Zaza in his best year. For 2 million or so I'd absolutely bring Brand back just so our young guys and even Horford would have someone skilled to play against in practice every day. Brand can still give us valuable minutes but I don't want him playing 20 mpg.

I wonder if we can give him one of those transitional contracts that will take him into a coaching role. Knowingly. Sorta like Lue or D-Fish. I saw where Phil Jackson got fined for contacting D-Fish. Is this his answer to Jason Kidd?

I wonder if we can give him one of those transitional contracts that will take him into a coaching role. Knowingly. Sorta like Lue or D-Fish. I saw where Phil Jackson got fined for contacting D-Fish. Is this his answer to Jason Kidd?

I doubt Brand would want that right now. It wouldn't surprise me if he played a few more years even.

• Moderators

Brand is 35. I think Horry played to like 38 and Willis to over 40 not coincidentally for the spurs.

I'd love to have him back. I'd also like Hill. If we have Horford, Antić, Muscala and Bebe I'm not sure we're carrying a 5th center though. I'm starting to think Bebe isn't coming over.

• Like 1

If we bring Brand back, tell Antić "thanks, but no thanks".

We really need to see if Bebe can give us anything from the center position this year. No need to be carrying more than 3 centers on this team to start the season. So if the GM isn't going to get a starting quality center to move Horford to PF, and he opts to bring a guy like Brand back, send Antić packing and bring on Bebe.

C: Horford - Brand - Bebe

If we bring Brand back, tell Antić "thanks, but no thanks".

We really need to see if Bebe can give us anything from the center position this year. No need to be carrying more than 3 centers on this team to start the season. So if the GM isn't going to get a starting quality center to move Horford to PF, and he opts to bring a guy like Brand back, send Antić packing and bring on Bebe.

C: Horford - Brand - Bebe

That would work for me. Unless we trade Horford, which I'm becoming increasingly interested in due to health concerns.

• The Hawks have a de-facto team option on Pero Antić, whose $1.25MM non-guaranteed salary for next season becomes fully guaranteed if he’s not waived on or before July 15th. Team intends to keep him past that date, according to Vivlamore (Twitter link). Antić appeared in 50 games and averaged 7.0 PPG, 4.2 RPG, and 1.2 APG in 18.5 minutes played.

• Moderators

• The Hawks have a de-facto team option on Pero Antić, whose $1.25MM non-guaranteed salary for next season becomes fully guaranteed if he’s not waived on or before July 15th. Team intends to keep him past that date, according to Vivlamore (Twitter link). Antić appeared in 50 games and averaged 7.0 PPG, 4.2 RPG, and 1.2 APG in 18.5 minutes played.

Thanks jbh. I'd be suprised if they let him go but maybe he gets packaged in a trade. Despite his bad series against Indy that is great value at the center position.