• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If things remain close to the same.....

Diesel

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Run DMC for me. If he's really working on his offensive game as much as it looks like he is then I expect we'll see a really nice improvement from him next year.

Schröder would be choice #2 but I don't see him getting enough minutes with the roster the way it stands right now for him to make that jump.

• Like 1

I'm saying Dennis and its not even close.

Dennis will have to play more than 5-10 minutes every other game for it to happen though. I don't see it if we re-sign Mack.

I see Al improving over last year more than anyone on that list. Sap's and Teague's production will go down with Al back.

Edited by GameTime

1. I'll roll with Jenkins, since he only played in 13 games. Hopefully Lou is gone so Jenkins can get playing time.

2. Dennis - he was the original back up to start the season, can he beat out Mack again? Will Mack be here?

3. DMC - improved off the dribble game.

Dennis will have to play more than 5-10 minutes every other game for it to happen though. I don't see it if we re-sign Mack.

I see Al improving over last year more than anyone on that list. Sap's and Teague's production will go down with Al back.

Jeff production was much better with Al.

I see Dennis as making a big leap (if he's still with us).

Jeff may surprise me and get consistent. If that happens I will jump on his bandwagon, and admit I was wrong about him.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Dennis is definitely my choice. He has several ways to improve:

(a) Young player with natural age based development;

(b) International player adjusting to the US, on and off the court;

(c.) Huge physical skills being harnessed; and

(d) Opportunity for significant upside in minutes.

I think he has the skills and physical ability to be a plus starter at PG and since he is coming from a minimally used 3rd string role that leaves all kinds of opportunity for him to make a big leap without being a starter.

#2 on my list is actually Teague. He has the opportunity to take the level of play he had in the playoffs and make that his consistent level of play next year. He was pretty bad for parts of last season and finished in the middle of the pack of starting PGs for the regular season. His playoffs took him to a different level and if you take that level of play and apply it to regular season defenses against all teams then you have someone with the potential to make very significant progress next year. I am very tempted to put him as the player most likely to make the leap.

DMC can improve but it won't be monumental. Look at his per minute stats in Utah and Atlanta and they are very, very similar. He isn't going to get a big minutes increase over last season so I don't expect a significant change to the numbers. I do think his workrate bodes well for him and he has to be excited about the larger role he has played in Atlanta so I am very happy with his play last season and see room for further development -- I just don't see anywhere close to as much as with Dennis.

Jenkins can improve but this is partly a question of baseline. If you are talking year over year, then he has every bit the chance to take a huge leap as Dennis because he was so terrible last season. None of the factors give him nearly as large a potential jump from his rookie season, however, as with Dennis and I view his baseline as his rookie season and last year as a lost season due to injury. I see his upside for this year as being similar to his rookie year but with a few minutes and a bit more effectiveness. I would be surprised (pleasantly) to see him do much more than be a slightly better version of his rookie self with slightly more minutes, though.

IMO, Horford's upside is basically doing what he did last year but staying healthy all year. I think he was due for regression to the mean last season - with his shooting %s coming down some and his rebounding going up some. I don't expect a dramatic transformation for him like I could see with Dennis.

Lou Williams and Mike Scott I think should both have better regular seasons. Lou will be healthy and should be closer to his pre-injury form which will be a substantial improvement. Scott might or might not use the playoffs as a springboard for a bigger role in the rotation next year. He actually did not put up very good numbers over the entire playoffs (36.5% FG%, 32.3% 3pt%, 4.4 rp36) but I am hesitant to come down on him too hard given my vocal criticism of his pick (being even a modest role player justifies that pick).

Mack is the last guy worth mentioning. He is young and could keep progressing. He actually was one of the better performers in the playoffs among the bench and we can continue to hope for a George Hill type of development. I think Dennis will represent a real threat to his minutes, though, so I think there is a good chance he doesn't move forward next year.

• Premium Member

I said Lou Will for simple reasons.

Al coming back will take minutes from Scott and Antić.

Mack if resigned will make a solid 1-2 punch at PG meaning that Dennis will still get about the same # of minutes he got before.

I do expect Teague to be a star in the league.

I think DMC will improve but he and Korver will split time with who we draft.

But mainly:

Lou is in a contract year. DFerry will have bud showcase him for at least half the season so that we may move him for a pick or something by trade deadline.

I see Lou possibly putting up 15/4/3 by the time it's all over.

• Moderators

I say Teague. I think we'll get a consistent year out of him and his confidence should be sky high. I think this will be the year he really is the guy who sets the tone every game and not just sometimes.

2nd i'd say Antić. He's comfortable in the system and plays smart. I think he'll start being a great asset from downtown and Bud will take advantage of that.

Teague gets my vote, because if he does become more consistent, that will help the team immensely.

I wanted to vote Dennis, but I don't know if he'll get enough minutes to really improve off of what he did last year. If they're not willing to get rid of Mack, Dennis will have to flat out outplay Shelvin to get the backup PG spot. It also doesn't help that Lou is still on the team and we'll have Jenkins coming back as a backup SG spot.

We have a lot of young guys on the team who should either be given minutes to have them develop . . or have to battle veterans just for them to get a few minutes.

I strongly doubt we go into the season with the quartet of JT, Dennis, Mack and Lou. One of those guys has to go to make room for Dennis. You dont pass up on the other PGs in the draft to take Dennis unless you plan to play him. I would love to move Williams for a taller slashed, but Mack might be the causality if there isn't a market for Williams.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I strongly doubt we go into the season with the quartet of JT, Dennis, Mack and Lou. One of those guys has to go to make room for Dennis. You dont pass up on the other PGs in the draft to take Dennis unless you plan to play him. I would love to move Williams for a taller slashed, but Mack might be the causality if there isn't a market for Williams.

Lou ain't going nowhere. He's gonna suck with us until his contract becomes a valuable asset. Moreover, DFerry's big question is do you bring back Mack or let Dennis grow. My guess is that #8 pick overall for Dennis is starting to look like a GREAT answer. Mack is so much closer to what we need. A guy who can run the offense and hit the open three when Teague is on the bench. To muddy the waters a bit, there's also Patty Mills. If Ferry can trade Dennis. Get a guy like Lavine or Randle (my dream) then Mills can be picked up in FAcy.

Lou ain't going nowhere. He's gonna suck with us until his contract becomes a valuable asset.

Lou's contract expires next season - so the time is now.

• Premium Member

Lou's contract expires next season - so the time is now.

Actually, I was talking closer to the deadline when nonplayoff bound teams look to cast off deadweight players with albatross contracts.

We could get somebody like Courtney Lee or JJ Hickson or Zaza for that contract.

Lou Will. His knee shouldnt worry him anymore and I think his contract is up, that almost always brings out the best in a player. I dont see Dennis getting better unless they let him start in d league because he is as far away as Pluto.