• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Luol Deng likely destination : Hawks

The Rockets want to add Melo evidently. Thus, they can't sign Parsons and go after Melo. Of course the Rockets also have to trade Lin AND Asik for nothing to get enough room. That's a them problem though

I would still make a very hard play on Parsons day 1 of FA.

I agree.

1. The new rules are only 3 days instead of 7 days as far as waiting time for Houston to respond to our offer sheet.

2. It screws Morey out of Melo and Love unless he declines signing Parsons.

• Like 1

This. I can't see him being a top level SF three years from now. The Bulls just rode him into the dirt and you can see this last year the effects of it. I just don't think this is a guy you can safely give a four or five year contract to at the money he'll command in the open market.

He looked like a shell of himself in Cleveland. I would only take him is we could get him for 2/14 million; which is doubtful.

• Like 1

So at 29 years old he's done? I don't think that's the case as if I remember correctly he had some nagging injuries this year. Now that's a legit concern as he does seem to get those types of things, but he plays through them and he carried that Bulls team early in the year. If we can get him for 8 million I'd really have to think about it.

So at 29 years old he's done? I don't think that's the case as if I remember correctly he had some nagging injuries this year. Now that's a legit concern as he does seem to get those types of things, but he plays through them and he carried that Bulls team early in the year. If we can get him for 8 million I'd really have to think about it.

yea 29 isnt old but this guy has been in the league since he was 19 and has an extensive history of injuries. He maybe 29 but he dam sure doesnt look 29.

yea 29 isnt old but this guy has been in the league since he was 19 and has an extensive history of injuries. He maybe 29 but he dam sure doesnt look 29.

Ok but Lebron looked like he was 40 years old when he was 20. Oden looked like he was 67 years old in his rookie year. Lol

I just think he's a good fit here. Vet player Bud can work with, team leader, defensive player, a wing we need, a former Duke alumn, high character guy. If that doesn't describe a Ferry type player I'm not sure what does.

I actually think his stint in Cleveland helps us to sign him for much cheaper than if he'd lead the Bulls to the 2nd round or even ECF. I guarantee you guys wherever he lands he will play at a high level like he did in his years with the Bulls and not like his Cav stint. Might need to bookmark this.

Too old and used up? Where have we heard this before?

Oh, yeah. That's what everyone thought of Brand and he

came thru with flying colors when we needed him and he's

planning on a couple more years yet.

Just because he's been rode hard and put away wet doesn't

necessarily mean he's all done and over the fence.

And, about that shooting guard we're needing. Wait until

the draft is over before you panic. We might find a good

one there. To sum this up in two words, "You never know!"

GO ATLANTA - HAWKS, BRAVES, DREAM & FALCONS!!

• Like 1

I would def take Deng

He did score 16ppg last year so would help with scoring along with his D

Also, he went to CLEVELAND...there were stories of him talking about how unprofessional it was there and the toxic environment...I'm sure there were more reasons than age/injuries/miles for his performance

In other words, if he gets valued based on Cleveland performance than he will be a steal, as he will be MUCH better than the Cleveland deng if he goes to a good organization (like we are now with bud and ferry)

• Like 2

We can't sign a more talented player than Deng. He would improve virtually every aspect of our team. I just can't imagine us offering him enough money and his health is too much of a concern to go way out on a limb for.

I would def take Deng

He did score 16ppg last year so would help with scoring along with his D

Also, he went to CLEVELAND...there were stories of him talking about how unprofessional it was there and the toxic environment...I'm sure there were more reasons than age/injuries/miles for his performance

In other words, if he gets valued based on Cleveland performance than he will be a steal, as he will be MUCH better than the Cleveland deng if he goes to a good organization (like we are now with bud and ferry)

^This

I posted an article in another topic about Houston's desire to add another max level player. They have to trade BOTH Asik and Lin while taking back no salary and that leaves them with $14 million in cap space. Good luck getting Melo to accept $14 million. But like you said - a them problem. How much should DF offer Parsons?

Parsons is going to be in demand, so we'll have to pay that bidding war price. I suspect it will be 4 years starting at 11 with the 4.x % raises (internet sucks here or I'd look up the actual %). We could play a game and give him a player option for year 4. Others may have a better sense of how the new CBA is going to drive prices for guys that could be All-Stars but haven't made it yet.

• Moderators

I think what @Sothron is saying is that the damage was done in Chicago. No, he wouldn't be ran as hard here but Deng probably doesn't have much left. Certainly not 2-3 years worth. This would be closer to a Brand-like signing than Millsap.

I understand this, but I believe Deng can still give 25 mpg. It's not like he is injury prone or we're Houston signing Dwight with a lingering back issue. Yes, Thibs ran Luol into ground, but the guy can still contribute and he fits our team. He and Al maybe enough to attract Noah here when he becomes a free agent. Noah/Horford/Deng/Korver/Teague is purdy good and a Bud type team. Spurs/Bulls South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

I wouldn't like this move one bit. He is going to miss 20-25 games. what would he really add to our team?

Well #1 you don't play him nearly 40 mpg like Thibs always played him. And you don't expect lock down defense all the time either. Play him 30 mpg in a rotation with DMC and Korver and we'll be good to go. He may get injured or he may feel rejuvenated to play in a much lighter system.

• Like 1