• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mutombo's finger wag

http://www.buzzfeed.com/maxblau/how-dikembe-mutombos-finger-changed-the-nba

“Back then, I would shake my head when I used to block shots,” Mutombo, now 47, recalls at his Atlanta foundation’s headquarters, where he spends much of his time these days. “I really didn’t have a signature…I had to come up with something [for when] I was dominating a game.”

The Mutombo sneakers — a black high-top festooned with colorful accents and an African print — that Adidas released in 1993 were accompanied by a now legendary ad in which the rising star solemnly proclaims, as tribal drums pound in the background, “Man does not fly in the House of Mutombo.” Shortly after, Mutombo debuted his move: that defiant single-finger shake after every blocked shot. In addition to making opponents think twice about attacking him in the paint, the wag quickly turned into his calling card, equal parts intimidating, cocky, playful, and goofy. In the process, a reputation, and a global marketing icon, was born.

• Moderators

I hope if he is spending most of his time in the ATL that we can see him reconnect with the Hawks instead of focusing of Houston.

Could you imagine if the Hawks had him working with Bebe? I would flip if Bebe did a finger wag during a game. lol Deke%20Finger%20Wag.gifDeke%20Finger%20Wag.gifDeke%20Finger%20Wag.gif

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 3

For those of us who watch the Atlanta Dream, we find him on

the sidelines, pulling for Atlanta and talking to the officials.

He was there tonight for the Dream's record setting win.

• Like 1

Loved Deke, but he pissed me off once in Cleveland. Really rude... Apparently, G-town centers (Ewing, Alonzo, Deke) don't sign on game day...... I had Smitty, Mookie, Lenny! And all the scrubs... He wouldn't sign... Ruined my ball.....