• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I'm turning into nbasoup

I have always liked Schröder but I really think that we have a special talent on our hands here. I have no doubt that he will be our most improved player next year. He will surprise many of us no doubt. I really like this draft and would love the 8th pick but I wouldn't be mad at all if we hung on to Dennis. He is the real deal.

• Premium Member

I feel Schröder is going to get a lot better too and Ferry and Bud know it. There are such things as smoke screens i think all the working out of PGs is to elevate their stock so a nice wing player falls to 15.

• Like 1

Working out PGs can also be sign not to resign mack, give dennis the backup spot an draft a cheap 3rd pg in the second round to save some cap space. There are two scenarios for that:

A. Some other teams are willing to overpay Shelvin

B. They really want to develop Dennis now and have no need for a 3rd PG owning 2-3 million a season

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We have a hstory of not developing PGs unless forced to do so (Teague). I too hope Dennis gets it going next season, but really, I'm not holding my breath for it. I like what I see when he comes off the bench, just way too raw as of now.

We have a hstory of not developing PGs unless forced to do so (Teague). I too hope Dennis gets it going next season, but really, I'm not holding my breath for it. I like what I see when he comes off the bench, just way too raw as of now.

I really don't agree with this statement. Outside of Teague and Dennis, what PG's have we had that have potential. Just look at Mack, he was in the NBDL two years ago. Was a reserve the year after that. Last year was our backup PG. If that isn't development, I don't know what is.

• Like 1

That history gets thrown out the window now that Hawks have Ferry/Bud.

• Like 2

• Moderators

The history of the Hawks has zero barring on this current regime.

As for Schröder, he needs to work on his shot big time before I consider him worth more than 12th overall pick. His passing is great, he's lightning quick, and plays great D, but he couldn't hit a wide open 3pt shot to save his life.

As of right now, if the Kings offer that 8th pick for Schröder and Smart or McD is sitting there, I trade him and resign Mack. I think the Kings keep that pick and draft Smart tho. Cousins/Gay/Smart is a pretty interesting tandem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The history of the Hawks has zero barring on this current regime.

As for Schröder, he needs to work on his shot big time before I consider him worth more than 12th overall pick. His passing is great, he's lightning quick, and plays great D, but he couldn't hit a wide open 3pt shot to save his life.

As of right now, if the Kings offer that 8th pick for Schröder and Smart or McD is sitting there, I trade him and resign Mack. I think the Kings keep that pick and draft Smart tho. Cousins/Gay/Smart is a pretty interesting tandem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually Schröder has a pretty darn good shot even from 3... Or at least shooting form. He's streaky as hell but he's shown he can knock them down and I suspect that just like in Europe, he will improve year after year with his marksmanship. I'd be worried if he had funky form but he doesn't, he just needs reps.

• Like 2

Actually Schröder has a pretty darn good shot even from 3... Or at least shooting form. He's streaky as hell but he's shown he can knock them down and I suspect that just like in Europe, he will improve year after year with his marksmanship. I'd be worried if he had funky form but he doesn't, he just needs reps.

He shot 24% from 3 point range this season. Synergy does show him to be a good spot up and off the screen 3 point shooter ( 44% in both categories ).

His biggest issue right now is running the pick and roll. He's very turnover prone and is a poor scorer out of this play type.

He shot 24% from 3 point range this season. Synergy does show him to be a good spot up and off the screen 3 point shooter ( 44% in both categories ).

His biggest issue right now is running the pick and roll. He's very turnover prone and is a poor scorer out of this play type.

Yeah I know his overall % was very poor but it's because he's streaky as hell. But when he's on his 3 pt shot looks really good.

I think the turnovers will come down once he learns that he can't make lazy passes in the NBA like he's gotten away with in Europe. The passing and vision are there, he just needs to run the plays like they're designed and not try to make crazy passes and he'll be okay.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Dennis needs to get the timing down players are so much faster in the NBA. He admitted so himself in the German interview a while back so he is working on it. Once he gets more PT by not turning the ball over and learning the PNR/ Coach Bud system he will be fine. He will get more PT and confidence then he will knock down a higher %age of his shot attempts. It is going to be fun in SL and preseason because i think Dennis will be vying bigtime for Macks backup PG spot.

• Like 1

Man, I'm all about some German Chocolate, but that shot is hideous. You'd think that after spending a season with Kyle F-ing Korver he wouldn't have a shot that looks like he's trying to heave a medicine ball. Who are y'all watching, saying he`s got a good shot? That form needs some serious work. Looks like my grandmother.

• Like 1

Man, I'm all about some German Chocolate, but that shot is hideous. You'd think that after spending a season with Kyle F-ing Korver he wouldn't have a shot that looks like he's trying to heave a medicine ball. Who are y'all watching, saying he`s got a good shot? That form needs some serious work. Looks like my grandmother.

What the heck are you watching? His stroke is absolutely beautiful. I think you've confused him with Josh Smith or Josh Childress.

And I'm guessing your grandmother is 6'3 245 and runs a 4.4 forty and hits like a mack truck right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpw2MH4U1_Y

Oh boy my post may possibly start an argument, so here goes nothing....

I like Dennis, I really do and I think he's under a coach that can get the best out of him and in the long run will be better than Teague.

BUT...,

If ferry can trade Dennis for the number 8 pick and smart is sitting there, it's a no brainier trade to me. Again I like Dennis but I see Dwayne wade potential in Marcus smart, I really do.

If your the gm you mean to tell me you are willing to hold on to a project pg over a guard like smart with a wade like style?!

If so...it's funny how so many on this board would trade a proven injured horford for an unproven possible potential Hakeem Olajuwon player like embiid....,I mean with Dennis and smart it's the same thing but with guards.

Oh boy my post may possibly start an argument, so here goes nothing....

I like Dennis, I really do and I think he's under a coach that can get the best out of him and in the long run will be better than Teague.

BUT...,

If ferry can trade Dennis for the number 8 pick and smart is sitting there, it's a no brainier trade to me. Again I like Dennis but I see Dwayne wade potential in Marcus smart, I really do.

If your the gm you mean to tell me you are willing to hold on to a project pg over a guard like smart with a wade like style?!

If so...it's funny how so many on this board would trade a proven injured horford for an unproven possible potential Hakeem Olajuwon player like embiid....,I mean with Dennis and smart it's the same thing but with guards.

The only problem is that many don't see the Wade-potential you see in Smart. I don't have a preference over him or Schröder, but he's not some can't-miss prospect whereas Embiid was- until that foot injury.

If we do get the #8 pick I hope (but doubt) Aaron Gordon is there. He's a guy I think has a chance to be great.