• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Insider info about Horford trade / Cleveland from Hairydawgz

Admin

True which is probably why ferry is trying hard now. Personally I don't think there were any good offers for smith and I think just letting help walk didn't effect us since ferry picked up a better player in milsap.

Also ferry may gamble on keeping horford if he can't find a trade for Jim he likes and if horford goes through the next season without any injury successfully I can see ferry keeping him around.

The problem with that is Horford is an unrestricted free agent in 2016. He has choices. A lot of choices. Many teams are preparing for 2016. He can easily be a missing piece to a big 3 like a Bosh. It is a gamble if we stay pat this year. We will be in a similar situation that Minny is in with Love now, next year.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'd love to move Horford for the #1 pick to take Embid. I want no part of Deng though. Aging wing players with injury histories that were run into the ground by their previous teams? No thanks to that.

I think I could stomach an aging, ailing Deng for a few years if it meant we could have the next Hakeem Olajuwon for the next decade and a half.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I have to be honest here and say I'd take Jabari with the 1st pick IF the Cavs would take Horf. That would probably get me fired as a GM but I get a feeling he's gonna be special. I know Embiid is the 'smart' choice though. The main thing is Horf has to stay healthy. If Ferry's reason for listening to offers is because of valid future health concerns, by all means trade him while you can. But I can't see him leaving via free agency. If he's 100% and back to his old self, I wouldn't trade him due to his pending free agency unless I was sure he is unhappy.

I have to be honest here and say I'd take Jabari with the 1st pick IF the Cavs would take Horf. That would probably get me fired as a GM but I get a feeling he's gonna be special. I know Embiid is the 'smart' choice though. The main thing is Horf has to stay healthy. If Ferry's reason for listening to offers is because of valid future health concerns, by all means trade him while you can. But I can't see him leaving via free agency. If he's 100% and back to his old self, I wouldn't trade him due to his pending free agency unless I was sure he is unhappy.

Well taking the smart, safe, big man over smaller and more physically gifted players has a big history of getting GM's fired. So maybe Wiggins or Parker would be the way to go. Knowing our luck this would be the year that taking the next superstar instead of the big man would backfire on us.

• Like 1

You can't see him leaving after 4-5 years of his career under the horrid BK/Sund/Woody/Drew regime? After denying him again and again from playing the position he has demanded to play in his entire career? I can. I know we are better now and have a great future ahead of us, but don't think players don't forget.

New York and LA could sell him bigger dreams. Especially if we are 1st/2nd round fodder for the next 2 years.

• Premium Member

You can't see him leaving after 4-5 years of his career under the horrid BK/Sund/Woody/Drew regime? After denying him again and again from playing the position he has demanded to play in his entire career? I can. I know we are better now and have a great future ahead of us, but don't think players don't forget.

New York and LA could sell him bigger dreams. Especially if we are 1st/2nd round fodder for the next 2 years.

I definitely can see Horf as a guy who badly wants to be a champion on the pro level like he was in college. Also, people thought there was no way Josh could or would leave Atlanta, but it happened. Players don't have the same type of view or loyalty to one franchise that fans think they do.

I definitely can see Horf as a guy who badly wants to be a champion on the pro level like he was in college. Also, people thought there was no way Josh could or would leave Atlanta, but it happened. Players don't have the same type of view or loyalty to one franchise that fans think they do.

Well to be fair we never thought we'd have a GM with common sense or the ability to think / act for himself so it didn't seem like Josh was ever gonna leave.

I'd like to see Horf as the 1st NBA player to get male breast implants so that we don't have to worry about his God given boobs failing on him again. Give him some bionic ones that will make him a real beast!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Well to be fair we never thought we'd have a GM with common sense or the ability to think / act for himself so it didn't seem like Josh was ever gonna leave.

I'd like to see Horf as the 1st NBA player to get male breast implants so that we don't have to worry about his God given boobs failing on him again. Give him some bionic ones that will make him a real beast!

This is true. Had the previous regime done or been able to do their job, Ferry wouldn't have had to deal with Josh as we held on to him too long. I just hope they don't paint themselves into a corner with Al. Ferry doesn't appear to be headed that way, but you never know. Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

This is true. Had the previous regime done or been able to do their job, Ferry wouldn't have had to deal with Josh as we held on to him too long. I just hope they don't paint themselves into a corner with Al. Ferry doesn't appear to be headed that way, but you never know.

My guess would be that we aren't planning to build long term around Al, but that if we are then Ferry will try and pitch to him how the Spurs stars have taken team friendly deals so that they could build the best team possible. If he bites then we'll keep him, if not then we'll move on.

• Like 2

I think I could stomach an aging, ailing Deng for a few years if it meant we could have the next Hakeem Olajuwon for the next decade and a half.

Aging, ailing Deng? Man, y'all don't watch basketball huh

• Premium Member

My guess would be that we aren't planning to build long term around Al, but that if we are then Ferry will try and pitch to him how the Spurs stars have taken team friendly deals so that they could build the best team possible. If he bites then we'll keep him, if not then we'll move on.

I could see that being true. Ideally, I'd like to see them continue to enhance the effectiveness of the system by adding more guys who can put the ball on the floor and make things happen in addition to being disciplined in adhering to the offense.

• Moderators

Well taking the smart, safe, big man over smaller and more physically gifted players has a big history of getting GM's fired. So maybe Wiggins or Parker would be the way to go. Knowing our luck this would be the year that taking the next superstar instead of the big man would backfire on us.

Hopefully taking that "next superstar" and having it backfire already has happened - with Marvin - and we are due for a hit instead of a miss.

• Like 2

This makes sense. I definitely don't see Ferry offering Horford max money.

Wait a minute, I was being sarcastic. Geez homie.

Sorry man just picked a bad time today and I didn't know you were being sarcastic. I hate it when people act like I treat anyone here differently or give myself preferential treatment as I work hard to try and be the same ass to everyone, including myself.

• Like 1

Yeah no chance unless he just absolutely blows up the next 2 years... I'd guess he's more likely to blow a boob out though.

I have reached my quota for positive votes throughout the day...:-( I guess I'm too damn positive lol