• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Insider info about Horford trade / Cleveland from Hairydawgz

Admin

Honestly I fear both good and bad situations for the hawks.

On one hand if ferry can trade horford for the number one pick...I fear that pick might be a bust or get injured. I like all top 3 guys but 1 huge thing about each player scares me if we are able to get the number 1 pick.

Embiid-I worry that he's another BIG that will get injured and stay injured like an Andrew Bogut or Greg Oden.

Parker- I worry that he may be a better fit at PF than at SF. Many analyst are saying he's a better PF and I fear he may have lost his touch at the SF position after playing PF at duke all year. (We don't need another PF)

Wiggins-I fear will take too long to get his offense game going. Honestly I don't see wiggins as a potential 20pt scorer once drafted like I do Parker. Wiggins is really going to have to find his offense game in the nba. Right now he has no go to moves that excite me though he's an athletic freak.

I like more about these 3 than I dislike, just saying I don't want to see the hawks get burned if horford comes back healthy and we end up with another top draft bust, but I know ferry will have to take a risk at some point to get this hawks team to next level.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'd love to move Horford for the #1 pick to take Embid. I want no part of Deng though. Aging wing players with injury histories that were run into the ground by their previous teams? No thanks to that.

I don't think Deng is as bad as you think.

He's a good defensive wing who last played on a disorganized, young team.

• Premium Member

Why are we trying to trade Horford? He's an elite PF

Elite PF? When?

He's an allstar Center when there are no Centers to compete. Elite PF is just a guess. We haven't seen him play PF enough to call him that.

• Moderators

I'd love to move Horford for the #1 pick to take Embid. I want no part of Deng though. Aging wing players with injury histories that were run into the ground by their previous teams? No thanks to that.

Aging, ailing Deng? Man, y'all don't watch basketball huh

That's why I called him aging and ailing. rtfm.gif

• Moderators

Hahaha whoa...ok boss, you don't need to yell at me..gotcha ...lol

I'd use caps lock if I was yelling. Just making sure you saw where I got "aging and ailing" from. Was just reiterating what he said. And I watch plenty of basketball... I agree w/ Sothron that he was ran into the ground by Thibs and I don't blame him for having concerns. I believe Deng is only good for 25 mpg ATP, but if it means having Hakeem Embiid here in Atlanta, then hell yeah.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Blah blah blah Horf for #1 pick.

I call this a BS rumor, and BTW I also think this would be a BS move by Ferry. Trading Horford would set us back several years.

I'm not sure we should take Embiid if we had the #1. Back injuries, hmmmmmmm...

I'd use caps lock if I was yelling. Just making sure you saw where I got "aging and ailing" from. Was just reiterating what he said. And I watch plenty of basketball... I agree w/ Sothron that he was ran into the ground by Thibs and I don't blame him for having concerns. I believe Deng is only good for 25 mpg ATP, but if it means having Hakeem Embiid here in Atlanta, then hell yeah.

I have a feeling Deng is gonna prove a lot of people wrong this upcoming season.

Unless we trading Al for the #1 pick, don't care, not interested.

Honestly, I'd trade Al for a Top 5 pick in general. I like Al and he's a great piece but I have two concerns. One, injuries. Can he play a full season ever again? Possibly. Maybe. I don't know. Second, he could very well leave when his contract is up. He always talks about playing out of position but would he really be ANY better at PF? Possibly. Maybe. I don't know. Also, I really don't think he's worth more money than he currently makes.

So, if we're going to move him, it'd be better to do now than waiting until AS break or next offseason.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd trade Al for a Top 5 pick in general. I like Al and he's a great piece but I have two concerns. One, injuries. Can he play a full season ever again? Possibly. Maybe. I don't know. Second, he could very well leave when his contract is up. He always talks about playing out of position but would he really be ANY better at PF? Possibly. Maybe. I don't know. Also, I really don't think he's worth more money than he currently makes.

So, if we're going to move him, it'd be better to do now than waiting until AS break or next offseason.

If all picks in the top 5 were equal then yes but no one from 4-5 will be as good as Al ever. Maybe Wiggins and Parker become as good. Same for Embiid and maybe better.

But the real question is this:

Why is Horf on the blocks? His salary is reasonable. He's signed to two more years. He's a very good PNP guy. His defense is OK. He's a fast center. Does Bud see something else that he wants more (Embiid)?

I don't think Horf is on block as much as people have been calling ATL asking about Horf and Ferry is listening. If he can swing the right deal it would be golden. He can swing for the fences in a counter offer and if they don't bite, he keeps his all star and has a better team next year anyway.

• Premium Member

Why we would have to take back Deng for that trade to work? He's a UFA, the Cavs have no reason to help him get more money in a sign and trade. If they want Horford enough to give us the #1 pick then we simply trade Horford for the pick.

• Premium Member

Eh, if you said 1-3 pick I'd nod. But once you get past the holy trinity of the first three then it really just becomes a regular draft at that point. Meaning I don't know if we could realistically draft a guy that within two years is as good as Horford is let alone better.

Maybe I'm in the minority. But I would like for the team to draft either stauskas or McDermott and Saric. I like the idea of building for the future. Korver will only be here for a couple of seasons and either Stauskas or McDermott can replace what he provides. Saric could be a great forward with his size.. he's would play at the 4.

Just my .2

If all picks in the top 5 were equal then yes but no one from 4-5 will be as good as Al ever. Maybe Wiggins and Parker become as good. Same for Embiid and maybe better.

You know who definitely won't be as good as Al ever? Cap Space, who'd be our star player if we lost Al for nothing. lol.

But seriously, you may be right or you may not be. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Unless we trading Al for the #1 pick, don't care, not interested.

If say top 3, any of the top three guys would be a potential upgrade over Horford in the future. Top 5 would be around Horfs potential I think, but why trade him for that when you have him at full potential for a playoff run next season. The top 3 are special this year, not Lebron/Kobe special but close. Top 3 All-NBA potential, top 5 All Star potential. Such a good class up top.