• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Insider info about Horford trade / Cleveland from Hairydawgz

Admin

• Premium Member

Glad to hear it. The Hawks can't just stand by and do nothing with so many picks available/in play. The time is now to bring in young, relatively cheap talent that can be developed in Bud's system.

The way I interpret that is any deals the Hawks make would be contingent on someone(s) they like being available at a certain pick. Imo, I don't think any of the deals the Hawks are looking at involve Horf or any of the other core players. I also suspect Dario Saric is high on their list. Edited by Jody23

Fwiw, Cviv says on Twitter:

"Told any trade talk would be more more involved on draft night."

That is usually the case - I don't think I've ever remembered trades occurring BEFORE actual draft night. Unless the specific player a team is targeting is available they won't trade.

• Premium Member

That is usually the case - I don't think I've ever remembered trades occurring BEFORE actual draft night. Unless the specific player a team is targeting is available they won't trade.

I was thinking the same thing. Not much of a conclusion by C-Viv. There's always trades and trade talk the day of the draft. No one is trading players or picks a week before the draft.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I just don't think anything is on the burner. Sounds like to me DF is trying to get cheap foreign talent and hope that they work out. I see us going into next year with the same roster and a draft pick at 15.

• Premium Member

I just don't think anything is on the burner. Sounds like to me DF is trying to get cheap foreign talent and hope that they work out. I see us going into next year with the same roster and a draft pick at 15.

I hope not. If we blow this opportunity, it would change my opinion of Ferry. Not that my opinion means anything, but I see this draft as an opportunity to fill holes in this roster without having to beg free agents to come here.

• Premium Member

I hope not. If we blow this opportunity, it would change my opinion of Ferry. Not that my opinion means anything, but I see this draft as an opportunity to fill holes in this roster without having to beg free agents to come here.

I agree with you. I think there needs to be a talent upgrade at 2-3 for sure. If this is not accomplished over the summer then the excuse will be they are waiting til the 2015 FA class.

I agree with you. I think there needs to be a talent upgrade at 2-3 for sure. If this is not accomplished over the summer then the excuse will be they are waiting til the 2015 FA class.

The excuse might also be that we don't have much cap room this offseason. We could probably add 1 pretty good wing player but then that's basically be it for us in free agency. Besides with DMC's game improving I'm not sure we need to upgrade both the 2 and 3 spots.

The excuse might also be that we don't have much cap room this offseason. We could probably add 1 pretty good wing player but then that's basically be it for us in free agency. Besides with DMC's game improving I'm not sure we need to upgrade both the 2 and 3 spots.

Draft one position and FA for the other

• Premium Member

Well he is actually paid very well and that falls under the duties of the GM. DMC is a role player, he does not have the ability to break anyone down and score off the wing, which is what we need. Besides Sap we have nothing but a bunch of jump shooters.

I understand the reasons for trading Horford (contract, pecs, not a superstar), but this has all the makings of another nightmare scenario for this franchise. Not interested.

Not getting to the Eastern Conference Finals the next 2 years and waiting on a Horford decision in 2016 is my nightmare scenario that scares me the most.

Well he is actually paid very well and that falls under the duties of the GM. DMC is a role player, he does not have the ability to break anyone down and score off the wing, which is what we need. Besides Sap we have nothing but a bunch of jump shooters.

By the design of the system we have what we need. We just need more and better players who fit this system. And DMC isn't paid much.

• Premium Member

By the design of the system we have what we need. We just need more and better players who fit this system. And DMC isn't paid much.

I agree for what he is paid, DMC does a pretty good job and I like him, but we need a little better player at the 3.

I agree for what he is paid, DMC does a pretty good job and I like him, but we need a little better player at the 3.

We should try and upgrade him and Korver via the draft but I believe DMC could make another nice jump this year.

DMC could become more efficient next year, but his skill set will be the same. The Hawks need guys who can put the ball on the floor within the frame of the offense.

Why's his skill set still gonna be the same? See that's the problem with the NBA right now is that too many think that guys who are 27-31 years old can't be developed. I just read something today that said Jason Kidd didn't even start working with a shooting coach until he was 33 and after that he was an even better 3pt shooter. DMC said he's working on his ball handling this offseason and if he improves on that anywhere near as much as his 3pt shooting (.280 to .360) then I'm feeling good about his chances of getting better.

• Like 2