• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Insider info about Horford trade / Cleveland from Hairydawgz

Admin

• Premium Member

Why's his skill set still gonna be the same? See that's the problem with the NBA right now is that too many think that guys who are 27-31 years old can't be developed. I just read something today that said Jason Kidd didn't even start working with a shooting coach until he was 33 and after that he was an even better 3pt shooter. DMC said he's working on his ball handling this offseason and if he improves on that anywhere near as much as his 3pt shooting (.280 to .360) then I'm feeling good about his chances of getting better.

I hope he can make that kind of improvement. It would be great, but I don't see it.

I hope he can make that kind of improvement. It would be great, but I don't see it.

Why not? He made a big leap last year and he's only 27 years old. He's not without talent either as let's not forget he was a (late) 1st round pick. Don't forget either that he was a PF most of his collegiate career and hasn't been playing on the wing for that long so he's still growing into the player he can be. I definitely wouldn't put it past him to be a solid 12-15ppg scorer with tremendous D and solid rebounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O-B43SIJc1Y

We need a slasher and a guy who can score in the post. Embiid was the obvious choice for a trade of Al but you can't take him now with that foot injury. For me, it is a question of if the Cave are looking to move the pick is Wiggins or Parker worth Al? I'm not sure. If Wiggins had shown a little more in college then I would make the trade. Then again if Wiggins had shown more Cleveland might not look to move the pick. If I had to make a choice right now I would make the gamble and move Harford for the #1 pick. Time to roll the dice.

We need a slasher and a guy who can score in the post. Embiid was the obvious choice for a trade of Al but you can't take him now with that foot injury. For me, it is a question of if the Cave are looking to move the pick is Wiggins or Parker worth Al? I'm not sure. If Wiggins had shown a little more in college then I would make the trade. Then again if Wiggins had shown more Cleveland might not look to move the pick. If I had to make a choice right now I would make the gamble and move Harford for the #1 pick. Time to roll the dice.

Horf is a PnR PF. He really is just fine. The premise of trading him should be only based around an healthy Embiid. Because of that injury, second one in two years, he is getting a lot of hate and it appears his value isn't anywhere near as high as it used to be. I'll keep him without question.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140619/joel-embiid-stress-fracture-2014-nba-draft/

"With that type of injury," said a Western Conference executive, "I wouldn't take him in the top-ten."

Hmm...

That's what my insider friends thinks too..

"People are arguing how far Embiid will fall, but let me tell you, it could be as far as our pick. If you look back a few drafts to Perry Jones III, he dropped from a Top 10 pick to a late 20s. Nerlens dropped from 1 to 6 however he nearly fell out of the Top 10. No team in the Top 10 was interested, solely the 76ers at 11 however they wanted to be sure of landing him."

I could see Philly taking him at 10 if he gets there. I would be shocked if he fell to 15. That would be crazy! I would feel for the kid though sitting there in the green room waiting like that. I think there will be over 20 guys in green room so at least he won't be alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, this is your friend who IS an insider? Or is this a friend who has a connection to an insider? I'm losing track of the relation here.

"People are arguing how far Embiid will fall, but let me tell you, it could be as far as our pick. If you look back a few drafts to Perry Jones III, he dropped from a Top 10 pick to a late 20s. Nerlens dropped from 1 to 6 however he nearly fell out of the Top 10. No team in the Top 10 was interested, solely the 76ers at 11 however they wanted to be sure of landing him."

I could see Philly taking him at 10 if he gets there. I would be shocked if he fell to 15. That would be crazy! I would feel for the kid though sitting there in the green room waiting like that. I think there will be over 20 guys in green room so at least he won't be alone.

Those injuries tho

Wait, this is your friend who IS an insider? Or is this a friend who has a connection to an insider? I'm losing track of the relation here.

No @Hairydawgz has a friend who was inside when he was talking to him. Hairy was outside and they were having to yell but it sounds like they had a good conversation.

He's a business partner with hawks owner Gearon.. They talk basketball a lot and sometimes Gearon shares what offers come thru and what draft plans they have. I'm sure their are things that come thru that Gearon doesn't get wind of, but what he does get wind of, he usually shares with my buddy.

• Like 2

He won't be sitting in the green room. He already said he won't be attending the draft. I feel bad for him as well. Dang, he's gotta be feeling down right now.

He's a business partner with hawks owner Gearon.. They talk basketball a lot and sometimes Gearon shares what offers come thru and what draft plans they have. I'm sure their are things that come thru that Gearon doesn't get wind of, but what he does get wind of, he usually shares with my buddy.

Ahhh..OK thanks for clearing it up for me, although when you say Gearon you're referring to the Junior right? Glad you're passing along info, but if I was DF or anyone in the organization I would be passing along information to Gearon like so:

12800_600.jpg

I imagine your friend would never ask Gearon this, but I wonder how limited Gearon has become within the A$G. I was pretty sure Levenson replaced Gearon as the team's governor, but when I check out the staff directory it doesn't show that anymore http://www.nba.com/hawks/general_info/staff_directory.html

Yesterday on 680 the fan Hometeam brandon Leak said he has it on very good authority that the Hawks have definitely tried to trade Horford.

He didn't say if he meant currently and it seemed he just meant in the past. I think he even said they have tried to trade him several times, but can't remember his words exactly. Either way it seems it's a definite possibility.

Yesterday on 680 the fan Hometeam brandon Leak said he has it on very good authority that the Hawks have definitely tried to trade Horford.

He didn't say if he meant currently and it seemed he just meant in the past. I think he even said they have tried to trade him several times, but can't remember his words exactly. Either way it seems it's a definite possibility.

To say "try to trade" is a very strange term. I mean, I tried to buy a lambo the other day. It didn't work out. They wouldn't accept my traveler's check as payment.

According to Chad Ford on ESPN he just said that Parker showed up to his Cavs workout at 255 lbs and 12% body fat and shot poorly and Wiggins came in and blew them away and he's likely their pick at #1 now. But Parker was their guy all season so now in my mind maybe they're questioning whether to make that pick or not. If Wiggins wasn't their guy and Parker was but seriously disappointed maybe they'll look to go ahead and move the pick.

• Premium Member

According to Chad Ford on ESPN he just said that Parker showed up to his Cavs workout at 255 lbs and 12% body fat and shot poorly and Wiggins came in and blew them away and he's likely their pick at #1 now. But Parker was their guy all season so now in my mind maybe they're questioning whether to make that pick or not. If Wiggins wasn't their guy and Parker was but seriously disappointed maybe they'll look to go ahead and move the pick.

Chad Ford has to be wrong on this one. Parker lost weight and looked a lot slimmer/quicker in his workout video. I'm not sure it's possible to gain that much weight in such a short period of time?

Chad Ford has to be wrong on this one. Parker lost weight and looked a lot slimmer/quicker in his workout video. I'm not sure it's possible to gain that much weight in such a short period of time?

I don't know it's possible but to have such definitive #'s makes me wonder how he could get that wrong.

From Ford's last Insider article. Says Parker was 254 and 11% at his Bucks workout too. This was written right before his Cavs workout.

Parker comes in Friday and will go through a similar workout. He's not going to be as impressive athletically as Wiggins, but he's more skilled and more ready to play right now. Parker was atop Chris Grant's board all year before he was let go, and there is still a strong faction in the organization that is behind Parker. But there are issues with his game. Parker is a terrific offensive player, but the team really needs someone who can start ramping up the defense. That's Parker's biggest weakness.

He's also still a bit heavy (he weighed 254 pounds with 11 percent body fat in the Bucks' workout). The team has also been working on slimming down Anthony Bennett to get him minutes at the small forward position. He's another offense-first type player. Are they giving up on him? And while Parker is a safe pick, can he really push them over the top into the playoffs?

• Premium Member

I don't know it's possible but to have such definitive #'s makes me wonder how he could get that wrong.

True. But for him to lose all that weight and then show up for a workout for the team with the #1 pick out of shape just doesn't fit who I think Jabari is. This has been the strangest pre-draft in a long time.