• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Coach Bud on 92.9 radio

Recap:

1. What's his philosophy on draft: find good players to help the coach (tongue in cheek), high IQ, high character players who fit what they do.

2. Do you draft for need or BPA: BPA - to pass on good players does not bode well, go with the best player, that trumps everything. However if the players a close in talent then you may select for need.

3. Thoughts on playoffs: competitive, resilient and unselfish group, thought the defense was underrated, better execution in some areas and they might have beaten Indy

4. Al Horford: doing well, working everyday, should be ready for start of camp

5. On fans expectation of SAS model: he feels no pressure

6. Players/coaches need to work on improving execution of plays, build on this season.

Thanks for the recap. Nice of you to sacrifice your brain matter and listen to 92.9 just so the rest of us don't have to. fie.gif

They talk a lot of basketball (Hawks) compared to other local stations (well 790 local is no more) so I have to sacrifice.

Ferry was on yesterday or earlier today but missed it.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

They talk a lot of basketball (Hawks) compared to other local stations (well 790 local is no more) so I have to sacrifice.

Ferry was on yesterday or earlier today but missed it.

I agree on 92.9. They are easily the most Hawk friendly radio outlet in Atlanta. At least that station will talk about us objectively, instead of just clowning us.

• Like 1

Recap:

1. What's his philosophy on draft: find good players to help the coach (tongue in cheek), high IQ, high character players who fit what they do.

2. Do you draft for need or BPA: BPA - to pass on good players does not bode well, go with the best player, that trumps everything. However if the players a close in talent then you may select for need.

3. Thoughts on playoffs: competitive, resilient and unselfish group, thought the defense was underrated, better execution in some areas and they might have beaten Indy

4. Al Horford: doing well, working everyday, should be ready for start of camp

5. On fans expectation of SAS model: he feels no pressure

6. Players/coaches need to work on improving execution of plays, build on this season.

Coach Bud is the bomb.

I sure like listening to Bud talk honestly about stuff. Not hiding his love for the Spurs and all his people back in SA. So we want to get bigger and get more depth this year huh? Sounds like we might indeed be in the market for a big man in the draft.

@Dolfan23 I'm thinking the link I provided is from two weeks ago... It's from before the Finals. CBS Atlanta use to have download links for all of their interviews but I haven't seen them listed in a while.

Oh whoops. I thought that @JayBirdHawk just had a bad memory as to what exactly she heard in the interview. I knew the interview was a bit old since the finals hadn't started but wasn't sure the one today on the radio was actually from today.

I will get rid of the link in the 1st post, let me know if you find a new one.

• Like 1

Oh whoops. I thought that @JayBirdHawk just had a bad memory as to what exactly she heard in the interview. I knew the interview was a bit old since the finals hadn't started but wasn't sure the one today on the radio was actually from today.

I will get rid of the link in the 1st post, let me know if you find a new one.

@Dolfan23 I may be crazy but not that crazy - yet!