• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the Hawks make a trade prior to the draft?

Admin

Oh boy this is some hard hitting stuff here! Sat down and got one Q and one A out of the meeting.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/will-the-hawks-make-a-trade-prior-to-the-draft/ngQsf/

I sat down with Hawks general manager Danny Ferry for an pre-NBA Draft interview last week. Much of our talk has been and will be used in draft preview stories. However, over the next three days leading up to the draft, I will publish a question and answer from the interview that will not appear in a specfic preview story.

With nine teams not currently holding a first-round pick, I asked Ferry if that made this draft unusual. He said no. I asked another question on the subject as a followup:

Q. Are there more possibilities of trades because there are nine teams without a first-round pick?

A. It all depends on who is there (on draft night). Those types of things happen as the night wears on. There are absolutely teams calling around to try to get in or try to move up. At this point, teams want to know who is there when they are picking and make those decisions then. Those types of things tend not to happen until (draft) night.

So, sounds like we shouldn’t look for a Hawks trade until the draft begins.

When I read this I immediately thought of us and the Kings pick at #8. I think we wait and if there is a guy Ferry loves (hope Smart is still there) then he pulls the trigger.

• Admin

Only he could deliver the kind of insider guidance like knowing that most trades are made on draft night rather than a week prior to the draft. Where would we be without him?

I finally feel like we get that insider information we desperately crave.

• Like 2

I do appreciate the stealth of Ferry. I don't care if I never hear our names before its actually time to pull the trigger. It's funny seeing all these teams' intentions and plans getting out for the competition to use against them in negotiations just for the sake of being in the spotlight, then looking like clowns when their proposed Twitter deal falls through. BSPN went all in depth about how the Bulls could have the best starting 5 next year like they could magically make 6 or 7 moves. Some of these GMs would lose everything in poker. Ferry is laying low and all of a sudden is gonna bust everyone's azz with a Top-notch FA signing for a sweet deal just like last year.

Edited by benhillboy

I do appreciate the stealth of Ferry. I don't care if I never hear our names before its actually time to pull the trigger. It's funny seeing all these teams' intentions and plans getting out for the competition to use against them in negotiations just for the sake of being in the spotlight, then looking like clowns when their proposed Twitter deal falls through. BSPN went all in depth about how the Bulls could have the best starting 5 next year like they could magically make 6 or 7 moves. Some of these GMs would lose everything in poker. Ferry is laying low and all of a sudden is gonna bust everyone's azz with a Top-notch FA signing for a sweet deal just like last year.

Agree. No one expected those moves