• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WOW ESPN reports Hawks mulling potential trades to bring in LeBron AND Melo!

GameTime

If some how we found a way to 1. S&T Sap/Lou for Melo 2. Trade Teague for the TPE in order to Sign LBJ outright. Find a way to bring Patty Mills with one if our exceptions and draft Adreian Payne & 15.

PG:Mills/Dennis

SG:Korver/Jenkins

SF:Bron/DMC

PF:Melo/Payne

C:Horford/Antić

If some how we found a way to 1. S&T Sap/Lou for Melo 2. Trade Teague for the TPE in order to Sign LBJ outright. Find a way to bring Patty Mills with one if our exceptions and draft Adreian Payne & 15.

PG:Mills/Dennis

SG:Korver/Jenkins

SF:Bron/DMC

PF:Melo/Payne

C:Horford/Antić

The hardest part is the signing Mills part for the mid room exception.

The only issue I can see with the TPE is if the Warriors use it to land Kevin Martin with Kevin Love. They don't have to though. They could wait to complete that deal by adding Maurice Spreghs or Harrison Barnes and wait for a week or two. Then they could take Teague. Add him:

Curry/Teague

Iggy/Martin

Barnes/etc

Love/Green

Bogut/O'Neal

I hate to be this guy, but there is no way this happens. We very well could add one of Melo or Lebron, but I seriously doubt either wants to play with the other for purely legacy reasons at this point. How would Lebron look if he teamed up with Melo AFTER the decision? Maybe he doesn't care, I don't know.

For the record, I'd take either one and believe either would make us a contender. I'd actually prefer Melo, though, for the simple reason that he hasn't won a championship yet and I think winning one with him would feel more "special" since Lebron has already won 2. I dunno, I'm crazy I guess.

I hate to be this guy, but there is no way this happens. We very well could add one of Melo or Lebron, but I seriously doubt either wants to play with the other for purely legacy reasons at this point. How would Lebron look if he teamed up with Melo AFTER the decision? Maybe he doesn't care, I don't know.

For the record, I'd take either one and believe either would make us a contender. I'd actually prefer Melo, though, for the simple reason that he hasn't won a championship yet and I think winning one with him would feel more "special" since Lebron has already won 2. I dunno, I'm crazy I guess.

Honestly, thinking about it. It's either both or neither. The Hawks just don't have the pull that Houston has. Even Dallas. It's either both or neither.

Honestly, thinking about it. It's either both or neither. The Hawks just don't have the pull that Houston has. Even Dallas. It's either both or neither.

The thing we have over those teams is being in the East and I believe the best option in the East. But I agree, Dallas definitely looks better on paper and I guess Houston though I think McHale is a pretty bad coach.

For Melo, I think we should appeal to him starting something in Atlanta that we've never had. We could do wonders for his legacy in particular. Lebron, well, we wouldn't hurt his legacy at all and I think Lebron would choose us over Chicago purely for rivalry reasons.

The thing we have over those teams is being in the East and I believe the best option in the East. But I agree, Dallas definitely looks better on paper and I guess Houston though I think McHale is a pretty bad coach.

For Melo, I think we should appeal to him starting something in Atlanta that we've never had. We could do wonders for his legacy in particular. Lebron, well, we wouldn't hurt his legacy at all and I think Lebron would choose us over Chicago purely for rivalry reasons.

We would be an ECF to NBA Finals exit with Melo. Melo went to the WCF in Denver. This squad isn't better than that squad. For sure. Now Bron could easily lead us to the Finals but are we beating the Spurs... Nope!

But Bron, Melo and Horford with our supporting cast could and be a dynasty.

We would be an ECF to NBA Finals exit with Melo. Melo went to the WCF in Denver. This squad isn't better than that squad. For sure. Now Bron could easily lead us to the Finals but are we beating the Spurs... Nope!

But Bron, Melo and Horford with our supporting cast could and be a dynasty.

I think we would be, I'm a homer, but even if we aren't that Nuggets team ran into a loaded Lakers team. The East doesn't have one of those. We'd just have to wait for the Spurs to retire either way, the Spurs are monsters.

I agree with the last sentence, of course, but I just don't see it happening.

• Premium Member

Whoever it was earlier in the thread talking about not supporting the team if this miracle came true...wow. You so do not represent me or any other Atlanta sports fan. The word "despair" should have a picture of an Atlanta sports fan next to it.

• Like 4

Whoever it was earlier in the thread talking about not supporting the team if this miracle came true...wow. You so do not represent me or any other Atlanta sports fan. The word "despair" should have a picture of an Atlanta sports fan next to it.

You guys know that lebron is probably the most disliked basketball player in the world, right? Sure, he has the most fans as well, but a lot of people truly do not like him at all.

At one point, he was the single most hated athlete in any sport. Don't be so shocked that some don't want him on our team. It is not so far fetched. Not everyone wants to rent a title from a player we have no attachment to.

I understand and respect the way you guys feel, but maybe take it easy on those of us who would rather continue to watch this team build a contender.

They say hard work itself is the reward. We aren't just handed things in life. I just wouldn't feel that much joy winning a championship with lebron and melo. Maybe we'll struggle and compete for the next few years, decades, etc.. But when we win, it'll be that much sweeter.

• Premium Member

It's a 50 /50 deal with BOTH of them coming to Atlanta.......but I still think Melo is our guy. P.S some of you thought I was "dreaming" about Melo in Atlanta, now ESPN is in on the possibility. I tell you all the teams see the Hawks in a different light. With us being named "Spurs east" after the Spurs beat the ALL-Star Heat will only help us look better. Above all else we finally have an identity, and that's a thing players need to know before hand.

• Premium Member

Can we sign Bron and trade him for Anthony Davis/2 unconditional first?

Everybody wants Lebron. Lebron is a freaking loser to me. I don't like the guy that picks up his ball and bat and goes home when things don't go his way. Lebron is that guy from the playground that did that.

If he did come to Atlanta, we would be the most hated team in the NBA and I don't know if we'd get to keep the Lebron Ref favoritism. I didn't see it in the finals? Maybe Silver is starting a new thing where refs call the games straight? If that's the case, Lebron's effectiveness will dwindle.

• Like 1

Can we sign Bron and trade him for Anthony Davis/2 unconditional first?

Everybody wants Lebron. Lebron is a freaking loser to me. I don't like the guy that picks up his ball and bat and goes home when things don't go his way. Lebron is that guy from the playground that did that.

If he did come to Atlanta, we would be the most hated team in the NBA and I don't know if we'd get to keep the Lebron Ref favoritism. I didn't see it in the finals? Maybe Silver is starting a new thing where refs call the games straight? If that's the case, Lebron's effectiveness will dwindle.

Lol. Seriously? Cleveland surrounded him with average to mediocre talent and so he had every right to leave.

Whenever I hear someone talking about playing with a creative devil don't care attitude with pure aggression with passes and positioning I can't help but think of Cantona. Did you also assault a fan? blum3.gif I kid, I kid.

That is really cool that you played with and taught some guys how to do long passes that are now professionals.

Yeah, Cantona is a great example of an oldschool °10. Lots of talent wrapped in some crazy and lazy, acting diva, but making great use of those massive little overweight but powerful hams.

I wont comment on the karate chopping people part....Im more the Muay Thai type.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Lol. Seriously? Cleveland surrounded him with average to mediocre talent and so he had every right to leave.

There's never been a star who used free agency to build a super team that was supposed to win 7 championships. They are 2-2 and they lost to Dallas.

How do you think Jordan felt when they traded Oakley for Medical Bill Cartwright? You didn't see Jordan pack up his stuff to go and play with Barkley and Ewing.

Moreover, when Lebron leaves Miami..this time, it will be because they surrounded him with average to mediocre talent again??

He's prolly going to play with Love and Irving because Lebron can't stick it out with his team like most other stars do.

There's never been a star who used free agency to build a super team that was supposed to win 7 championships. They are 2-2 and they lost to Dallas.

How do you think Jordan felt when they traded Oakley for Medical Bill Cartwright? You didn't see Jordan pack up his stuff to go and play with Barkley and Ewing.

Moreover, when Lebron leaves Miami..this time, it will be because they surrounded him with average to mediocre talent again??

He's prolly going to play with Love and Irving because Lebron can't stick it out with his team like most other stars do.

They needed a center. They traded their good top 10 player for a solid vet center. It helped the top 10 pick Horace Grant was developing well for Chicago. Chicago was littered with top 10 and top 5 picks throughout the 80's. Lebron never had anything close to that in Cleveland or Miami.

• Like 1

MJ probably wouldn't have won anything without Pippen... And MJ did quit the Bulls.

The goal is to win titles. I don't hate him for the fact that he didn't settle for just individual achievements his entire career.

It's laughable that you're trying to pin the finals loss on him when nobody else on the whole team contributed in the series. Who cares about the Dallas series? That was years ago.

Can't. Agree. More.

I've been a fan of this team since the '70s and for all of their playoff appearances (more than the Braves and Falcons), I have yet to see this franchise win a game, let alone a series that truly mattered. The Braves have. Hell, even the Falcons have at least gotten a peak at the mountaintop. To be a fan of one of only two teams in ALL OF NORTH AMERICAN PRO SPORTS (don't even think of adding the expansion era Bobcats or Raptors to that list) not to sniff a final four in a playoff format is such a sickening thought. It makes my skin crawl and blood boil over in anger.

For just once in my life, I want the chance to root heartlily for a team come June. I want to see ESPN, ABC, et al bring their trucks here in the spring to cover the ECFs, much less the NBA Finals. I want to see Bill Simmons and the gang squirm in their chairs as the commish is handing our guys the trophy. And at this point in time, I don't care if it means rooting for Lebron, Melo, Pete Maravich's ghost, or whomever. Folks talk tough about winning 'the right way' but in all due respect, eff all that. You think those Celtic fans cared about winning the right way when they brought in Garnett and Allen? Nope. They were too busy drinking champagne after hoisting up another banner. You think the folks in South Beach cared about winning the right way after Lebron and Bosh came to town? Nope. They were laughing at the rest of us, en route to winning four conference championships and a pair of world titles. How many of us would kill for that from the three local teams COMBINED over the last four years?

I don't know about the rest of you but I want my payoff for rooting on this team for all of these years. I want my payoff for them trading off Nique and forfeiting his (and our) last shot at glory twenty years ago. I want my return for having to watch Jon Koncak, Josh Childress, Marvin Williams, Dion Glover, and Mr. Candace Parker wear Hawk jerseys while the rest of the league drafted REAL players. I want something for having to watch Glenn Robinson and Antoine Walker half-ass it on the court while collecting guaranteed paychecks. I want my payoff for Chris Crawford's extension, Koncak's extension, and definitely Alan Henderson's extension. There should be a reward for those of us who put up with Bob Weiss, Lon Kruger, and Woodson. And please don't get me started on Kasten, Babs, BK, and WLOC-Sund. Stuff like that makes cause average folks to run in a full sprint to Foot Locker for the latest Heat or Laker gear (when they used to win) but we endured through it all. Isn't it time we got something in return?

While I also think all of this is a smokescreen crafted by ESPN, I take solace in the fact that at least we're being put into the conversation for once to acquire guys like Carmelo and Lebron. Could we have said that five years ago? Three?

If a minor miracle was to happen and either of them took their talents to Buckhead, I'd be the first branding a new Hawk jersey with their names on the back. I'd have to get in line (a looooooonnnnnnnngggggg line) to get tickets to see them live. The last time I've had to do that for a game that didn't involve (insert star-laden team here) was well over a quarter-century ago. Let's hope that those days return; and soon...

amen.gif