• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WOW ESPN reports Hawks mulling potential trades to bring in LeBron AND Melo!

GameTime

• Premium Member

They needed a center. They traded their good top 10 player for a solid vet center. It helped the top 10 pick Horace Grant was developing well for Chicago. Chicago was littered with top 10 and top 5 picks throughout the 80's. Lebron never had anything close to that in Cleveland or Miami. 

Charles Oakley was a monster on the boards.  Bill Cartwright was old not solid.  It's the equivalent of us trading Sap for Dalembert and then saying we're giving room for Scott to grow.

PLUS  Oakley was Jordan's best friend.

• Premium Member

MJ probably wouldn't have won anything without Pippen... And MJ did quit the Bulls.

The goal is to win titles. I don't hate him for the fact that he didn't settle for just individual achievements his entire career.

It's laughable that you're trying to pin the finals loss on him when nobody else on the whole team contributed in the series. Who cares about the Dallas series? That was years ago.

While you are riding Bron's sack, let me tell you.. I'm not pinning the loss on Bron, but I come from the Big Tuna school of thought.  IF you have power over personnel and you have handpicked the best SG in the game and one of the best PFs in the game, you should win everytime out.  Even Bron agrees.  He said that they would win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 not 6 but 7... championships with Miami.  They loss to a sorry Dallas team and made JTerry look like freakin Bob Cousy.   Then they lose to the oldest team in the game... with players who are past their prime.. and it wasn't even competitive.

Jordan didn't quit in the way that Lebron has quit in Cleveland and is about to quit in Miami.  Jordan quit because his father was murdered and he was trying to find himself.  Plus, I believe Stern sat him down because of his gambling.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

While you are riding Bron's sack, let me tell you.. I'm not pinning the loss on Bron, but I come from the Big Tuna school of thought.  IF you have power over personnel and you have handpicked the best SG in the game and one of the best PFs in the game, you should win everytime out.  Even Bron agrees.  He said that they would win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 not 6 but 7... championships with Miami.  They loss to a sorry Dallas team and made JTerry look like freakin Bob Cousy.   Then they lose to the oldest team in the game... with players who are past their prime.. and it wasn't even competitive.

Jordan didn't quit in the way that Lebron has quit in Cleveland and is about to quit in Miami.  Jordan quit because his father was murdered and he was trying to find himself.  Plus, I believe Stern sat him down because of his gambling.

I'm agreeing mostly with the last part there. There is zero question in anyone's mind that is old enough to remember it that Jordan retired the first time only because of his dad's murder. His dad had always wanted him to play baseball and he wanted to honor his dad's wishes. That is the only reason he retired the first time and when he realized he'd never make it in baseball he did the smart thing and came back to the NBA. The rest is history.

I'm agreeing mostly with the last part there. There is zero question in anyone's mind that is old enough to remember it that Jordan retired the first time only because of his dad's murder. His dad had always wanted him to play baseball and he wanted to honor his dad's wishes. That is the only reason he retired the first time and when he realized he'd never make it in baseball he did the smart thing and came back to the NBA. The rest is history.

If you believe that whole story. I don't buy it. There's way too much talk of darker stuff being involved.

• Like 1

While you are riding Bron's sack, let me tell you.. I'm not pinning the loss on Bron, but I come from the Big Tuna school of thought. IF you have power over personnel and you have handpicked the best SG in the game and one of the best PFs in the game, you should win everytime out. Even Bron agrees. He said that they would win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 not 6 but 7... championships with Miami. They loss to a sorry Dallas team and made JTerry look like freakin Bob Cousy. Then they lose to the oldest team in the game... with players who are past their prime.. and it wasn't even competitive.

Jordan didn't quit in the way that Lebron has quit in Cleveland and is about to quit in Miami. Jordan quit because his father was murdered and he was trying to find himself. Plus, I believe Stern sat him down because of his gambling.

Everyone loses family members... We don't all quit our jobs over it.

Or he recklessly gambles and assaults teammates.

Anytime someone wants to try to trash a top players accomplishments they do the old thing where they compare them to MJ. It's predictable and tired. MJ quit and his team still continued without him. Lebron leaves Cleveland and they drop to last place.

If you're not blaming Lebron for the loss against SA, then you don't have a reason to bring it up. Wade's time as a star is just about done. Chambers and Battier would not even start for this team. They have a terrible bench.... When you're bringing in Rashard Lewis you have a problem.

As for being a Lebron fanboy... Lol. I rarely even talk about him here. I don't care if he wins another title or not. But he has already won 2 , and I think that means more than a finals loss to Dallas. Besides, you don't know that he is leaving anyway. Even if he was 4/4 you would argue that he went through the weak east to do it.

You don't like him, and that's fine.... But but he is a two time champion, and he might win more. He make a contender into nearly any team he goes to.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Quick somebody re-rail before Hotlanta tries to convince us Jordan shouldn't be a hall-of-famer!!

No... It's just that when someone wants to knock a top player they play the game of "Jordan" wouldn't do that.

If the Heat's supporting cast would have played as poorly for MJ as they did for Lebron in the finals he might have punched them for it.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

I think there's overreaction on both sides and the legit criticism of James and how he's handling things gets lost in the shuffle.

It's very easy to see why LeBron had no confidence in Cleveland to be able to build a team around him. Look at what they have done since he left. Nobody is going to deny that he choked against Dallas. But that and the whole the 2010 drama in the off season is about the only criticism. But the funny thing is how Diesel has always bashed players like Kobe and Lebron while defending career losers like Reef and Joe Johnson even though Joe had a contract that he did not deserve.

It's fuuny. He can have the Reef's and the JJ's and I will take the winners.

• Premium Member

It's very easy to see why LeBron had no confidence in Cleveland to be able to build a team around him. Look at what they have done since he left. Nobody is going to deny that he choked against Dallas. But that and the whole the 2010 drama in the off season is about the only criticism. But the funny thing is how Diesel has always bashed players like Kobe and Lebron while defending career losers like Reef and Joe Johnson even though Joe had a contract that he did not deserve.

It's fuuny. He can have the Reef's and the JJ's and I will take the winners.

Unfortunately, neither Joe nor Reef picked their own team.   Neither did Kobe.  However Bron made a superteam in order to win a championship and he lost with that superteam twice and he's about to bail again.  It was very unnatural how Bron used FAcy to put himself in a position to dominate the league.  His actions says " I can't do it by myself.".  Joe, Kobe, and Shareef did like all other stars do, they asked their general manager to give them some help and they stayed loyal to the team and the fans.  Lebron is forever taking his skills to some other place because he needs to be surrounded by guys who can carry him to the championship.  So every four years, Bron makes himself a free agent, get other free agents to come out with him and try to pair himself with them because whatever his GM does is never good enough for him.  I mean, Miami had Bosh, Wade, Allen, Birdman, Oden, Lewis, and Beasley.  Many of these guys lottery picks.  Some of these guys hall of famers.  Some of these guys have been allstars.  And Bron can't win.  This is his creation.  Riley has done what he could to bring in talent based on the salaries he had to work with. Now Mr. Unloyal is going to trade them out for a younger crew.  You say that you're going to be on the side of the winners?  Is this a winner?  You must be a Florida Marlin Fan.. because they won like this too.

Unfortunately, neither Joe nor Reef picked their own team.   Neither did Kobe.  However Bron made a superteam in order to win a championship and he lost with that superteam twice and he's about to bail again.  It was very unnatural how Bron used FAcy to put himself in a position to dominate the league.  His actions says " I can't do it by myself.".  Joe, Kobe, and Shareef did like all other stars do, they asked their general manager to give them some help and they stayed loyal to the team and the fans.  Lebron is forever taking his skills to some other place because he needs to be surrounded by guys who can carry him to the championship.  So every four years, Bron makes himself a free agent, get other free agents to come out with him and try to pair himself with them because whatever his GM does is never good enough for him.  I mean, Miami had Bosh, Wade, Allen, Birdman, Oden, Lewis, and Beasley.  Many of these guys lottery picks.  Some of these guys hall of famers.  Some of these guys have been allstars.  And Bron can't win.  This is his creation.  Riley has done what he could to bring in talent based on the salaries he had to work with. Now Mr. Unloyal is going to trade them out for a younger crew.  You say that you're going to be on the side of the winners?  Is this a winner?  You must be a Florida Marlin Fan.. because they won like this too.

Neither did Kobe??? Charlotte take the cake. Blaming Bron is pointless as he was so good, he took his team out of the lottery too soon before they were able to build a team around him and the one piece they did have, they foolishly let him go into FA and sign with the Jazz.

We will talk about Lebron leaving if he leaves Miami.

Lebron obviously did not have the confidence that Cleveland would be able to put a worthy team around him and he was justified in feeling that way. Cleveland has been a mess since he left.

There is nothing wrong with playing for the situation that fits you best. The NBA is a business. He is the best player in the league and considering all of the attention and money he brings to a franchise, the owner should be willing to go over the cap to get some extra help if needed. You look at what The Thunder are doing.... They have two players in Westbrook/KD and the ownership is being cheap and not improving the team. They just expect these two guys to carry the entire load.

I mean, Miami had Bosh, Wade, Allen, Birdman, Oden, Lewis, and Beasley.

Miami's supporting cast is getting weaker and Mickey the owner is getting cheaper. The fact is that Miami's supporting cast is weaker. Miller is gone and they threw out Lewis in his place... Lewis hasn't been a factor in this league since 2010 or so. Wade's body is just about shot, and Bosh is not a player that you can count on. He talked trash about how Miami was going to win game 5 and he went out there and was a total non factor.

Oden and Beasley? First of all, Oden did not play... And Beasley barely played. So what does that have to do with anything? Besides, Oden probably shouldn't be in the league at all. He is done. Beasley is a bust that can't stick with a team... But either way, the coach barely played him. You know this and so I don't know why you bring these guys up.

The only reason Joe stayed here is because he got a monster contract. It has nothing to do with loyalty to the franchise. He was just bashing the fans before if I remember correctly. This guy wanted to go before he was traded... But I know I'm harder on him than I should be. I shouldn't call him a loser. It's wrong for me to bring him up. I admit that.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

Do you not think having a homegrown superstar talent leave the way he did had an impact on the way FA's viewed the Cavs post-LeBron?  While he was there, they tried to appease him to their detriment.

The criticism of James, to me, is the way he handles things.  There's a very real possibility that all 3 are opting out to re-negotiate terms so the Heat can build a better supporting cast.  But, for whatever reason, James opts out first to create some illusion he's available.  What's the purpose of this if not just to seek attention?

If he's leaving, just be a man about it and make it known.  If he hasn't made a decision yet, WTF are you waiting for.  It's 'the Decision' all over again, thus the criticism remains.

It's just annoying.

If I'm Chris Bosh, I'm opting in.  Don't fall for the Okidoke.  Soon as Bosh opts out, Miami signs Melo.  Riley gets a cheap Center.  Bosh gets shown the door in Miami.

This is not the same Spurs team that won those other titles outside of Duncan, Parker and Gino... And none of those three are as good as they were in those days.

These Spurs are much better as a team. They have Leonard, depth that those teams never had. No Rasho in the starting five. No Flabby Michael Finley and Brent Berry. These guys were stacked.