• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Good news and Bad news

NBASupes

I'd tell you what happened but one of the last posts I made in this thread was in reply to Spud about what happened. It got deleted so maybe they don't want me to talk in public about it. But yes, I got death threats back when I was sharing my insider information several years ago.

Nothing was intentionally deleted.  If anything did get deleted it was from the upgrade process.  It looks like we lost several replies in the fantasy forum as well as probably others once I do a little more digging.  But I would say keep this stuff to PM's though.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'd tell you what happened but one of the last posts I made in this thread was in reply to Spud about what happened. It got deleted so maybe they don't want me to talk in public about it. But yes, I got death threats back when I was sharing my insider information several years ago.

Neither Dolfan or I deleted anything on that, but I will say that even if/when we have a poster that other posters don't think is credible that we aren't going to tolerate the kind of actions that went on years ago.  This forum is a place now where people are free to disagree but nobody is going to be allowed to cross that line.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Nothing was intentionally deleted.  If anything did get deleted it was from the upgrade process.  It looks like we lost several replies in the fantasy forum as well as probably others once I do a little more digging.  But I would say keep this stuff to PM's though.

Roger, wilco. I can definitely see how a poster talking about how some lunatic was sending death threats on this site would be seen as a bad thing to any new comer. But I did talk about how you promised  that would never happen again and you have been right.

But yes, if you any of you guys and gal really want to know I'll talk about in PM. It is something in the past for any new poster here that would never, ever be remotely tolerated by the admin and mods on this site now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Really...  Supe is claiming to be an insider again?  Wasn't he a scout at one time too?

Seriously, I thought he was just kidding because I watched NBATV this morning too.  Everything he has said in this thread was a conglomeration of what was on this morning.  If we're using NBATV as a source, then I guess I'm an insider too!!!  I think most of you are also.

Really Supe?  You want attention that bad???  Well, I guess that you and I will get the inside scoop tonight and tomorrow morning also!

• Premium Member

Not bragging but for laughs I did some work for the Monter Draft news years and years ago, probably before some of you were in diapers.  I would get a list of players to go see in my area and I would check them out and write my report and send it in.  Got paid big bucks, a free one year subscription to the Monter Draft news!

• Like 1

Not bragging but for laughs I did some work for the Monter Draft news years and years ago, probably before some of you were in diapers. I would get a list of players to go see in my area and I would check them out and write my report and send it in. Got paid big bucks, a free one year subscription to the Monter Draft news!

That's awesome! I love hearing about stories like this!

• Admin

This should show Melo's lack of interest in Atlanta

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11135474/carmelo-anthony-plans-visit-houston-rockets-dallas-mavericks-chicago-bulls

Those are the teams he is considering....I expect him to end up with either the Bulls or Rockets....I think the Bulls might be his best fit.

I'm not quite understanding. Don't we come to this board for information and entertainment? I actually have enjoyed when NBA Supes (and previously Sothron) put up so called insider information, even when they are wrong. Don't the professional insiders get it wrong most of the time? To me this adds to the value of such fan sites. Not sure why it should make people so upset. Just my 2 cents worth.

I'm not quite understanding. Don't we come to this board for information and entertainment? I actually have enjoyed when NBA Supes (and previously Sothron) put up so called insider information, even when they are wrong. Don't the professional insiders get it wrong most of the time? To me this adds to the value of such fan sites. Not sure why it should make people so upset. Just my 2 cents worth.

So basically you like to be lied to and listen to bull$hit? Got it.

• Moderators

Really...  Supe is claiming to be an insider again?  Wasn't he a scout at one time too?

Seriously, I thought he was just kidding because I watched NBATV this morning too.  Everything he has said in this thread was a conglomeration of what was on this morning.  If we're using NBATV as a source, then I guess I'm an insider too!!!  I think most of you are also.

Really Supe?  You want attention that bad???  Well, I guess that you and I will get the inside scoop tonight and tomorrow morning also!

Hey hey, nice Rainmaker badge. lol

fkp3x4-jpg.gif

• Like 1

Carmelo is a chucker who doesn't play defense. He is the ultimate "me" guy. Why would we want to ruin chemistry by adding him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "Spurs way" only works when they had two of the greatest centers in NBA history in David Robinson and Duncan.

Exactly Sothron. Now I wouldn't go so far as to say that model won't "work" without them...but you have to be realistic about your definition of something "working". Getting David "the Admiral" Robinson - then getting Duncan - was HUGE. Granted they also had to be smart and they have been to keep this thing going - but that was the cornerstone. Robinson got hurt - Spurs got back in the Lottery - got the Ping-Pong balls working their way and had twin towers.

It was an almost perfect transition (age-wise) when Robinson retired and Duncan was fully prepared to be "the man". They had/have great coaching and they got the RIGHT Euros. They certainly haven't won every year in this stretch of excellence - but they have generally been in the hunt and have managed to win 5 Championships. Good for them.

• Like 1

P.S. - my previous post is why I'm not against us drafting Saric and leaving him in Europe for a year or two. The Robinson/Duncan "miracle" isn't going to happen for us. We have to scratch out the top quality talent by hook or crook - any way we can.

Edited by DJlaysitup