NBASupes

• Moderators

I got word that Melo has us in his top five:

1. Bulls

2. Rockets

3. Knicks

4. Hawks

5. Mavs

BUT... Bad news is Melo has Bulls clearly at #1 and wants to go there but he wants Gibson there with him. He wants the Bulls to keep all of their assets and just use the picks and Boozer for his SnT. The Knicks aren't interested they would have to pay so much over the tax with Boozer and can't trade him for value to another team which is good news. More good news is the Knicks are interested in a SnT for Melo but they value him highly. Want pieces they can move and picks. They want to clear some salary and get prospects which is good news for us since we got salary. The Rockets could offer a SnT of James Harden which is extremely unlikely but the Knicks will be interested as would anyone. We are ahead of the Mavs which is good news. I would say our chances aren't grim and but aren't likely.

As for Lebron. We aren't in his top five:

1. Heat

2. Cavs

3. Rockets

4. Knicks

5. Nets

He wants to play in a big market. He wants to play with another superstar and he wants a supporting cast. For the most part are chances at Lebron are as strong as Melo willingness to be a Hawk. If Melo becomes a Hawk, we can get Lebron. If he doesn't, he won't. It's that simple. He wants to play with Melo but if he can't Miami and Cleveland are his two top teams. He would like the Rockets to move Harden and get Melo if he was to join the Rockets. It seems as if the NY teams are just there. No real shot. Just there. For Atlanta to get Lebron, they would have to get Melo. Atlanta will have to really hit the nail in their recruiting pitches because Lebron is likely to stay or go home and Melo's heart in is Chicago.

That's the good news and bad news. It sucks because I felt Lebron would be a hell of a fit with Sap and Horf anchoring the way. He just isn't interested like that although he respect the Hawks and Coach Bud. If we could convince Melo, that could change the game for us majorly.

What is the source for these lists, @ ?

• Like 2

Duncan averaged a mediocre 16 points per game in the playoffs tied for 29th in the playoffs. Tied with Robin Lopez in rebounding.

16/9 is pretty damn good for a 38 year player... And none of what you said changes the fact that the Spurs have no 15 year run without Duncan. Which is the main point.

If you don't understand that Duncan is still a big player in a league that is lacking big men... That's your problem. Miami had nobody to match up with Duncan. Just because the Spurs don't throw it down to him as often as they did in 2005 doesn't change that.

And don't forget that the Spurs nearly lost in the first round. They don't win this title without Duncan on the team.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

16/9 is pretty damn good for a 38 year player... And none of what you said changes the fact that the Spurs have no 15 year run without Duncan. Which is the main point.

I wasn't referring to the Spur history....I was only referring to this year. And this year he wasn't an all Star and neither was anyone on that team except Tony Parker.

What is the source for these lists, @ ?

My good friend who still has connects even if he's not in it no more. For both Melo and Lebron but Broussard aka multiple sources validated the Lebron interest so it's clear they are getting their info from the same people.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I wasn't referring to the Spur history....I was only referring to this year. And this year he wasn't an all Star and neither was anyone on that team except Tony Parker.

They would have lost to Dallas without him most likely.

Teams still worry about Duncan as a post scorer and a protector in the paint. The numbers are not flashy, but he is still a big factor in them winning the title. I bet you that Miami wished that they could have had a 7 foot protector in the paint.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

None of these guys are coming to the Hawk so lets focus on the draft and a 2nd tier free agent...You know, "The Spurs way"

The "Spurs way" only works when they had two of the greatest centers in NBA history in David Robinson and Duncan.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Neither of which were in their prime and/or playing on the 2014 Spurs Championship team

Duncan is still a superstar. An aging one that has to be minutes managed but still a superstar. They also have two guys close to that in Parker and Manu and a potential third in Leonard.

Duncan is still a superstar. An aging one that has to be minutes managed but still a superstar. They also have two guys close to that in Parker and Manu and a potential third in Leonard.

Duncan is not even an all Star much less a super star. Wades minutes were managed too but he still managed to make the all Star team.

• Premium Member

The Hawks are going to end up with crap Deng or an even lesser player and we will be told that they fit the smart player mindset and all of that shit. That's just the way that it is.

I'm tired of hearing about the Spurs here. They drafted Tim Duncan with the number 1 pick and if that does not happen they have nothing. There is no real comparison.

and back further no #1 pick David Robinson. You are right we are not the Spurs

• Moderators

Duncan is not even an all Star much less a super star. Wades minutes were managed too but he still managed to make the all Star team.

Yes. The best player for the Spurs over the course of the post-season this year was replaceable by Robin Lopez. /sarcasm

Worst argument you have ever made on this site.

• Like 3

To be fair, I don't think supes is making this up. He's been consistent for years with having guys he knows in the business.

It used to be two but one left the Hawks org and the other was in the NBA league office. He left but still has contacts. He actually knows more now than when he was in.

He said that Koonin is planning something big that league office guys are curious about. No word on what it is or if it's real. Koonin has extreme pull in the entertainment world.

We must keep it real, Lebron and Melo are worth 1 billion dollars to this franchise. Their addition would turn this into a 1.5 billion dollar organization. That can't be taken lightly. The Hawks in general are worth 550 million dollars.

• Like 1

Yes. The best player for the Spurs over the course of the post-season this year was replaceable by Robin Lopez. /sarcasm

Worst argument you have ever made on this site.

Someone stayed up all night learning how to use sarcasm tags. {/sarcasm}

• Like 1

To be fair, I don't think supes is making this up. He's been consistent for years with having guys he knows in the business.

And no offense to soup but I'm consistent in not believing him. Sorry just too many holes in stories from the past to forget. But you guys feel free and don't stop believin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjzHMhBtf0