• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Good news and Bad news

NBASupes

• Moderators

He said that Koonin is planning something big that league office guys are curious about. No word on what it is or if it's real. Koonin has extreme pull in the entertainment world.

We must keep it real, Lebron and Melo are worth 1 billion dollars to this franchise. Their addition would turn this into a 1.5 billion dollar organization. That can't be taken lightly. The Hawks in general are worth 550 million dollars.

It would be awesome if Koonin spun off his own network and broadcasted the Hawks games nationally. Kinda like what the Bulls have with WGN. You need a superstar(s) to make that work though. And they would most certainly have to bring Bob & Nique over. Maybe even nationalize Peachtree TV and air the games on there. IDK, just spit balling here, but I'd love to be able to watch the Hawks games on TV here in MS instead of putting up with grainy pirated streams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Agreed 100%. Stick to your opinions and don't try to post this insider / scout stuff. Just when you're building back up around here you throw this stuff out and make us all question you.

When was the last time I mention this insider. From when I posted, it might have been 2009-ish. Before that, 2007. This is not something I do on a daily basis. I might have a couple posters who I shared info with but it's rare that I do for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

Whoa where did I say we WOULD land Melo and LeBron? And I guess you're an insider as well since you know that none of these players want to play here? Or are you basing that on what soup posted here and using that as fact because it sounds like that is the case and that's exactly what I'm trying to head off before it gets out of hand.

I'm no insider, I think it's just a fact that most big stars wouldn't want to play here.

When was the last time I mention this insider. From when I posted, it might have been 2009-ish. Before that, 2007. This is not something I do on a daily basis. I might have a couple posters who I shared info with but it's rare that I do for obvious reasons.

I don't know exactly when but don't think it was that long ago. Either way you should have let it stay in the past because you were building your rep back up here again. Anyway I've said my piece and don't wanna pile on you.

I'm no insider, I think it's just a fact that most big stars wouldn't want to play here.

Why? Because the national media says so?

I don't know exactly when but don't think it was that long ago. Either way you should have let it stay in the past because you were building your rep back up here again. Anyway I've said my piece and don't wanna pile on you.

Why? Because the national media says so?

The national media don't care for the Hawks, Braves or Falcons. But at least Braves and Falcons can get big names. Something about the hawks, stars just don't want no part of.

The national media don't care for the Hawks, Braves or Falcons. But at least Braves and Falcons can get big names. Something about the hawks, stars just don't want no part of.

Historically this has been true. But the team are clearly seen in a different light now under Ferry and Bud.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Lmao. Wow. I expected more from you Soth. Consistent for years with what? Made up stuff?

Well, to be fair, it would by hypocritical of me for not believing a long time poster saying he had an inside source when I for years had more than one source in the Hawks and when I used to share that information here, well, it didn't end well. Thankfully it doesn't seem supes is getting death threats like I did at least.

• Like 4

Well, to be fair, it would by hypocritical of me for not believing a long time poster saying he had an inside source when I for years had more than one source in the Hawks and when I used to share that information here, well, it didn't end well. Thankfully it doesn't seem supes is getting death threats like I did at least.

Dang death threats? That's crazy. What happened to Jaywalker by the way? Didn't he go on to be an actual source?

I dont get all the fuss....so what we may be in Melos top 5, it means nothing unless we are Melos top 2 choices which we aren't.

Even as a top 5 team there's a 99 percent chance he doesn't come here. Let the 1 percent dreamers dream...it's not bad for this forum to have some unbelievable hope (though most of us know it's not happening...but let the board dream dammit) lol

First off my point as well. Supe could very be telling the truth. To me it's not that impressive that we are in Melos top 5, if true it's nice and all but the chances are still very slim until we are his first and second choice.

2nd you were threaten?!!! WTF?!!! That's crazy I don't expect that from hawksquawk even if you were lying about your sources. Not cool man. I'm sure it wasn't a everyday poster.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I swear, Hawks fans really irritate me sometimes, especially with this whiny nobody-wanna-play-for-us bullshit.  A bunch of Chicken Little's running around here.  Y'all act like Atlanta is some destitute, God-forsaken NBA town like Sacramento, Milwaukee, or Toronto... Yeah, we may not be the first choice of a few guys, but LBJ and Melo would be crazy not to listen to Ferry and Bud's pitch.  We have a lot going for this team including the city and the system.  We have a top-5 coach in the league right now and superstars only want two things - money and winning.  Do you think Melo opts out if the Knickbockers played like a basketball team not like the Clusterf***ers?  Missing the playoffs and playing bad basketball doesn't keep top names around, especially being as far over the cap as the Knicks are.  I think Lala would like being the Queen of Atlanta and the woman that brought Melo to the Hawks.  And do you think LBJ tests free agency if Wade was a 100%, he had a bench in Miami, and didn't just get embarrassed by the Spurs?  These guys want nothing more than to win.  The money really doesn't matter that much anymore due to endorsement deals.  Ferry and Bud have this team on the winning track and just need some superstar to take a 3 year gamble on us.  Yes, we may not have the historic background of the Celtics, Lakers, or Bulls, but we definitely are not a hopeless cause.

And get off of Supes case.  If he wants to "break" news from "sources", then let him.  It's not like we are ESPN and have a responsibility to the public.  It's all barber shop talk and spit balling in here.  If you're gullible enough to believe everything you read then I'd like to give you a brochure on a wonderful time share opportunity in Cuba.  And the fact is that everyone on this site wishes they had insider sources and were buddy-buddy with a few NBA guys.  Stop the hate and take this thread for what it's worth.  At the least, I find Supes entertaining and appreciate his "insight".

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 2

I have to agree with PSSSHHHRRR87. I see Atlanta on the rise. You don't take Indy to 7 games without Horford without a good coach, systems, and players playing team ball. If we had one more guy at half of Horford's skill we beat them in 6.

I think the Spurs rise just makes the Hawks look even more attractive. Both the Knicks and Heat situations look pretty dire through next year and then there is a big unknown. With the Hawks you know you have Horford and a coach that will get you the ball in spots while spreading the scoring burden around to everyone. It just seems like it would be way more fun than what Melo and Bron in the playoffs experienced.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

First off my point as well. Supe could very be telling the truth. To me it's not that impressive that we are in Melos top 5, if true it's nice and all but the chances are still very slim until we are his first and second choice.

2nd you were threaten?!!! WTF?!!! That's crazy I don't expect that from hawksquawk even if you were lying about your sources. Not cool man. I'm sure it wasn't a everyday poster.

I'd tell you what happened but one of the last posts I made in this thread was in reply to Spud about what happened. It got deleted so maybe they don't want me to talk in public about it. But yes, I got death threats back when I was sharing my insider information several years ago.