Official Summer League Thread

NBASupes

Idk why but Payne just looks like a Center. Dude is bigggg above the waist. Below it not so much lol

Looks like Tarzan. Not saying he plays like Jane but he getting pushed around by Ebanks. I am glad they moved Muscala to center. He isn't getting exposes as much as the last game.

Moose looks way better

Moose isn't going up v. NBA freak athletes today. Birch gave him so many issues.

So far Dennis has been good. His defense isn't where it was yesterday but team D just isn't good. There is a great difference between Bebe and Mike on D.

• Like 1

Dennis really is still learning the PG position. Tempo, decisions with the ball. With the exception of his ability to read PnR, and his elite court vision, he reminds you of 2nd year Jeff but not as athletic or good a scorer. His potential is quite high.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Dennis really is still learning the PG position. Tempo, decisions with the ball. With the exception of his ability to read PnR, and his elite court vision, he reminds you of 2nd year Jeff but not as athletic or good a scorer. His potential is quite high.

He makes a lot of stupid passes. He tries to do too much. 

Patterson and Payne are both gonna help us this year! 

• Like 2

He makes a lot of stupid passes. He tries to do too much. 

Patterson and Payne are both gonna help us this year! 

He tone down the last game with dumb passes but in this game, he had about 4 passes I was like wtf!

He had a better first half last game than this game but he's making the same shots he missed yesterday.

Agree.  He looked pretty bad yesterday.  Needs to build his strength though or he won't have much of a future.

He's a center. Brad Miller comparison looking better by the day. I will say this, he HAS to get to 250 before he can be effective in the NBA.

Yeah, Dennis PG fundamentals looking a lot like 2nd year Jeff. Decision making is questionable and he wants to play at one tempo. He is learning. But what Dennis got is elite court vision and he can read the hell out of PnR. Something Jeff never had.

I was watching Elfrid Payton in Orlando, and he's special. More polished than Dennis and he's ready. Dennis is ready, he's just a backup at this point.

After watching these two games, I don't see Rondo from Dennis at all. What I see is a smaller, less athletic John Wall with with more court vision and can read PnR better but Wall can read PnR's too.

Dennis speed and quickness is legit and he has good size. He needs to get stronger and add a legit floater in his game.

Interesting hearing coach DMC say that Dennis has taken a big step forward in maturity this year and that we will need him as Teague's backup if we don't bring Shelvin Mack back. I'm sure he doesn't have any inside info but it's an interesting comment and I am impressed with his knowledge of our roster.