• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Summer League Thread

NBASupes

Haha 

• Like 2

Dennis really made some low bball iq decisions in the closing minutes of the 4th. However, he looks a lot better than last year. Definitely looks quicker and stronger. Not sold on his jumpshot yet but his penetration and court vision is awesome. Just needs to learn how to make better decisions with the ball.

Have said this before.....it must have been a huge adjustment for a 19 yr old to step on the court with the best players while at the same time adjusting to a new country, culture etc. new everything. Can't imagine. Think we'll see a more mature pg this year

Have said this before.....it must have been a huge adjustment for a 19 yr old to step on the court with the best players while at the same time adjusting to a new country, culture etc. new everything. Can't imagine. Think we'll see a more mature pg this year

Totally agree with this. I hate the turnovers but the dynamic potential of Dennis is great. Loved his game from the beginning. He will do well with continuity.

I'm sorry but why does Vivlamore report on the obvious? scratch_one-s_head.gif

• Moderators

We struck out on free agency. I say we let Tavares come over now. Let our center rotation be Horf, Pero, Payne, and Tavares. We could even play Pero and Payne at PF to get Tavares minutes. I like Tavares sooo much more than Bebe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We struck out on free agency. I say we let Tavares come over now. Let our center rotation be Horf, Pero, Payne, and Tavares. We could even play Pero and Payne at PF to get Tavares minutes. I like Tavares sooo much more than Bebe.

I tend to agree. Which is why I also asked about our dleague team.

If we're not gonna add a star were gonna need to develop one. I dont want to wait 2 years for Edy to come over and then another 2 to 3 years before he can make a decent impact.

• Premium Member

Don't forget Muscala who will also get minutes. Still a bit of a log jam at 4/5 and that's not including Mike Scott.

• Moderators

Don't forget Muscala who will also get minutes. Still a bit of a log jam at 4/5 and that's not including Mike Scott.

I think Moose plays a majority of his minutes at 4.  I've really like what he's done in SL so far too.  Baby Dirk is coming along.

With Moose coming along and Payne on the bench, I kinda wonder where the room is for Scott.  I know he plays a chunk of his minutes at 3, but we also added Thabo and Badazzmore to the lineup.  I've been impressed with Schröder too, but he needs to stop fouling and turning the ball over!  6 fouls and 8 turns in that last SL game. 

Even knowing we struck out on free agency, our draft picks are developing nicely.  People can criticize Ferry all they want, but Ferry nailed it on Schröder, Scott, & Moose and Tavares is looking good too.  Ferry thrives in finding those second round gems.  Go Hawks!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think Moose plays a majority of his minutes at 4. I've really like what he's done in SL so far too. Baby Dirk is coming along.

With Moose coming along and Payne on the bench, I kinda wonder where the room is for Scott. I know he plays a chunk of his minutes at 3, but we also added Thabo and Badazzmore to the lineup. I've been impressed with Schröder too, but he needs to stop fouling and turning the ball over! 6 fouls and 8 turns in that last SL game.

Even knowing we struck out on free agency, our draft picks are developing nicely. People can criticize Ferry all they want, but Ferry nailed it on Schröder, Scott, & Moose and Tavares is looking good too. Ferry thrives in finding those second round gems. Go Hawks!

It seems we'll be waiting for a team to make Scott an offer before we know if he'll be retained. I would love to have him back, but I agree that the roster is crowded right now.
  • Like 1

I'm hoping Muscala and Schröder make a big step this year and contribute consistently. Pretty sure Dennis will. Moose seems more aggressive

Dennis will have the opportunity if Mack leaves.

Its an interesting situation.

Will Ferry retain Mack to keep as many trade pieces as possible ?

Will Danny let Mack walk so Dennis is guaranteed more playing time ?

I could not really argue with either approach.

Dennis will have the opportunity if Mack leaves.

Its an interesting situation.

Will Ferry retain Mack to keep as many trade pieces as possible ?

Will Danny let Mack walk so Dennis is guaranteed more playing time ?

I could not really argue with either approach.

What do you think about Mack playing some backup minutes at SG? He's a good defender and he is 6'3" with 6'8" wing span. Thats right there with Wade and some of the smaller 2 guards. It wouldn't be ideal, but Id trust that set better than what we had with Lou. 

I think a Schröder-Mack backcourt could be pretty good in reserve minutes. He can ask knock down the 3 so he'd fit well with Schröder running the show. 

I think Moose plays a majority of his minutes at 4.  I've really like what he's done in SL so far too.  Baby Dirk is coming along.

With Moose coming along and Payne on the bench, I kinda wonder where the room is for Scott.  I know he plays a chunk of his minutes at 3, but we also added Thabo and Badazzmore to the lineup.  I've been impressed with Schröder too, but he needs to stop fouling and turning the ball over!  6 fouls and 8 turns in that last SL game. 

Even knowing we struck out on free agency, our draft picks are developing nicely.  People can criticize Ferry all they want, but Ferry nailed it on Schröder, Scott, & Moose and Tavares is looking good too.  Ferry thrives in finding those second round gems.  Go Hawks!

He played 5 just about all game v. the D-League team. He played and majority of mins at the 4 v. the Wiz. 

He didn't play much of the 4 at all v. the D-League team. Maybe a few mins when Walt was in the game. 

Moose was getting killed at PF v. the Wiz. Killed. Defensively, he wasn't agile enough. Payne did much better at PF as well. We had him matched up on Ebanks.