• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Your prediction: What's next on the Danny Ferry agenda?

sturt

So Melo their #1 option is still available and visiting Houston next week. If they don't let Chandler go they might as well cancel the visit.

I would offer sheet Parsons on the day Melo is in Houston lol

July 1st 12:00 am Chandler please sign..

Sincerely,

Danny Ferry

July 1st 12:00 am Chandler please sign..

Sincerely,

Danny Ferry

I'm willing to be at Parsons doorstep at 12:01am, assuming he lives here in Houston. I'll take @Colin with me for a lookout. We'll grab him and drive him to the ATL and on the way we'll stop off and pick up @sturt.

• Like 4

Current players under guaranteed contracts

Teague / Schröder

Korver / Lou / Jenkins

Carroll / Patterson

Milsap / Payne

Horford / Muscala

These are our players under contract..........assuming we sign Patterson as our 2nd round pick.

1. Sign Payne and Patterson

2. Match qualifying offers to Mack and Scott

3. Renounce free agent rights to Brand, Ayón, and Martin.

4. Sign BeBe

5. Decline Antić's team option year in his contract.

6. Target Parsons, Ariza, and Deng in free agency

Teague / Mack / Schröder

Korver / Lou / Jenkins

Free Agent / Carroll / Patterson

Milsap / Payne / Scott

Horford / BeBe / Muscala 

Patterson starts the season in D-League.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Parsons isn't a bad call. I'd like to take on Lin for that Pelicans pick if we can. I would lol if we deal Teague for a pick and cap, take back Lin with the Pelicans pick, and then offer Parsons a contract and pry him from Houston.

So Melo their #1 option is still available and visiting Houston next week. If they don't let Chandler go they might as well cancel the visit.

I would offer sheet Parsons on the day Melo is in Houston lol

I believe the new CBA only gives 3 days to match a contract..............I think teams used to get a full week to match.......which really hurt the restricted free agent since most teams burn through their salary cap during the 1st week of free agency.

I'd love to get Parsons for a 4 year $40 mill deal. It may take 4 years and $50 mill.

The longest contract he can sign with any team except Houston is 4 years..............Correct ?

Edited by coachx

You can't give Parsons max money.... Not max. That screams Chris Crawford all over again, at a worst penalty...

Say what? Chris Crawford had 1 playoff series.  Parsons has been good for 2 full years now and is only entering his 4th year in the league.  He's worth a real nice contract. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Say what? Chris Crawford had 1 playoff series.  Parsons has been good for 2 full years now and is only entering his 4th year in the league.  He's worth a real nice contract. 

He's not worth a max deal though.

He's not worth a max deal though.

There's no such thing as a max deal though. Different players have different maxes. Not sure what Parsons is but if it's 10-12 million then yes he's worth that. 25 years old and just going into his 4th year in the league and he's putting up terrific numbers playing with black holes on offense. This kid is prime to blow up in a bigger role. 

Yeah, that's true but Parsons aren't no damn max player. 

Parsons max should be 25% of the salary cap right @hawksfanatic, which will be around 15 million or so depending on the salary cap. And no he's not worth that amount but he's worth a good 10-12 million per. 

Chandler at $8-9M is OK with me. A good deal for the Hawks. $11M might not be. If he continues to improve into an All-Star then $11M is OK.

There are other options available to Ferry.

8-9 million and he'll be a Rocket. You want the kid you're gonna have to pony up to get him. 

• Premium Member

Parsons max should be 25% of the salary cap right @hawksfanatic, which will be around 15 million or so depending on the salary cap. And no he's not worth that amount but he's worth a good 10-12 million per. 

I'd be fine with 10 million, anything more than that is overpaying. He's your third option on offense, not the first or second. I like the guy, I've suggested him before for us but I think if Houston whiffs on Lebron/Melo they will simply match him.

8-9 million and he'll be a Rocket. You want the kid you're gonna have to pony up to get him. 

I agree. Still say I'd like the deal at a good price. Tying $11M into a SF that may never be a top 5 SF is a bit high for Ferry's cap flexibility plan.