• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Do you think...

Diesel

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

that's what he said.

Waiting towards the end of the season would be a bad idea. We have tried that route in the past. We don't get a good offer and player walks. We need to be active earlier than that.

Or Major Payne is just BU C/PF.

i see this having an effect on Antić's minutes and therefore, I have to believe that Antić, Muscala, and Ayón are in jeopardy.  Scott is a tweener the other way but he has friend urging him to go Join Harris in Cleveland.

payne is definitely a backup.  he is explosive and has asthma, will be an energy guy his whole career most likely?  i thought Ayón was already gone.  i'd think that muscala could be back and forth with the d league?

payne is definitely a backup.  he is explosive and has asthma, will be an energy guy his whole career most likely?  i thought Ayón was already gone.  i'd think that muscala could be back and forth with the d league?

So a guy that can hit 3's at a 41% clip and is improving,  Shoots over 50% from the field in general.. Has a 38 inch vertical with post move and explosive dunks is an energy guy and a career back up huh?  Man y'all really buy in the hype of upside in guy like Wiggins...What a shame!

Edited by IBelieveInFerry
  • Like 1

15th pick has a 13% chance to be a star, 20% chance to be solid, 28% chance to be a role player, 18% to be deep bench, 2% to never play.

on average about 18 minutes a game and 7 ppg.

Pretty ridiculous analysis!  I bet if you did the same analysis with the #1 pick you would get similar numbers if not worse.

Pretty ridiculous analysis!  I bet if you did the same analysis with the #1 pick you would get similar numbers if not worse.

Think before you talk.  You may seem intelligent if you do. Maybe.  I like Payne a lot and think/hope he'll be a great player.  I think that a player can be great and not have to play starter minutes in the nba.

First pick has a 70% chance to be a star, 25% chance to be solid, and 5% chance to be a role player.  There was a statistical analysis a few years ago and I graduated/smoothed the numbers.

Think before you talk.  You may seem intelligent if you do. Maybe.  I like Payne a lot and think/hope he'll be a great player.  I think that a player can be great and not have to play starter minutes in the nba.

First pick has a 70% chance to be a star, 25% chance to be solid, and 5% chance to be a role player.  There was a statistical analysis a few years ago and I graduated/smoothed the numbers.

First five picks have a similar probability of being a star or solid, a few busts in there.  first picks definitely have the best averages. six to ten there is a good bit of a drop off and after that the numbers continue to tail off.

2008 Derrick Rose Chicago Memphis 2007 Greg Oden Portland Ohio State 2006 Andrea Bargnani Toronto Italy 2005 Andrew Bogut Milwaukee Utah 2004 Dwight Howard Orlando SW Atlanta Christian Academy (GA) 2003 LeBron James Cleveland St. Vincent-St. Mary HS (OH) 2002 Yao Ming Houston China 2001 Kwame Brown Washington Glynn Academy 2000 Kenyon Martin New Jersey Nets Cincinnati 1999 Elton Brand Chicago Bulls Duke 1998 Michael Olowokandi Los Angeles Clippers Pacific (Cal.) 1997 Tim Duncan San Antonio Wake Forest 1996 Allen Iverson Philadelphia Georgetown 1995 Joe Smith Golden State Maryland 1994 Glenn Robinson Milwaukee Purdue 1993 Chris Webber Orlando Michigan 1992 Shaquille O'Neal Orlando Louisiana State 1991 Larry Johnson Charlotte Nevada-Las Vegas 1990 Derrick Coleman New Jersey Syracuse 1989 Pervis Ellison Sacramento Louisville 1988 Danny Manning L.A. Clippers Kansas 1987 David Robinson San Antonio Navy 1986 Brad Daugherty Cleveland North Carolina 1985 Patrick Ewing New York Georgetown 1984 Hakeem Olajuwon Houston Houston 1983 Ralph Sampson Houston Virginia 1982 James Worthy L.A. Lakers North Carolina 1981 Mark Aguirre Dallas DePaul 1980 Joe Barry Carroll Golden State Purdue 1979 Magic Johnson L.A. Lakers Michigan State 1978 Mychal Thompson Portland Minnesota 1977 Kent Benson Milwaukee Indiana 1976 John Lucas Houston Maryland 1975 David Thompson Atlanta North Carolina State 1974 Bill Walton Portland UCLA 1973 Doug Collins Philadelphia Illinois State 1972 LaRue Martin Portland Loyola-Chicago 1971 Austin Carr Cleveland Notre Dame 1970 Bob Lanier Detroit St. Bonaventure 1969 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Milwaukee UCLA 1968 Elvin Hayes Houston Houston 1967 Jimmy Walker Detroit Providence 1966 Cazzie Russell New York Michigan

70%?

Edited by IBelieveInFerry

Waiting towards the end of the season would be a bad idea. We have tried that route in the past. We don't get a good offer and player walks. We need to be active earlier than that.

How about if Sap wants to re-ups with us? The idea that because his contract is ending it's best to trade him is ridiculous. We would never have any continuity to this team.

I'm not saying if DF gets a great offer he shouldn't but to do it because he's coming up to free agency doesn't make sense.

Same applies to Al's situation.

I'm wondering if Horford will be seeking a trade at some point due to being forced into the C spot.

Is Payne insurance?

The question about Al demanding a trade so he can play PF is no different than the Hawks trading for a C, who is out there? Who has a PF worse than Al and C better than him? The list is rather minuscule and this is an issue that will haunt him all the way through his free agency when the Hawks getting something of value is no longer on the table. If he's more concerned about being a PF that he won't mind having some scrub stiff next to him then sure but if he's any bit concerned about winning in this league then he needs to understand that he's going to play a good amount of C no matter where he goes.

How about if Sap wants to re-ups with us? The idea that because his contract is ending it's best to trade him is ridiculous. We would never have any continuity to this team.

I'm not saying if DF gets a great offer he shouldn't but to do it because he's coming up to free agency doesn't make sense.

Same applies to Al's situation.

Agree to disagree I guess. That's the route we always choose and we end up either overpaying or losing players for nothing. I'm not saying Paul should or shouldn't be in our future plans. But if he's not we need to plan ahead. I just don't like seeing assets leave for nothing because we didn't actively shop them when we had the chance.