• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

Gorgui Dieng and Tim Hardaway went after Bebe and Dennis and both are more productive so the whole last years draft sucks let's let Ferry off the hook mess is just more of the same Ferry is a God talk.

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1

I'm definitely bummed about losing Bebe. He was really long, athletic, and, most importantly, he had cool hair. I loved the idea of having two young 7-footers at our disposal. At the same time, people need to chill out acting like Ferry was simply overly generous with his offer. Bebe is either worse off than we know or Ferry felt it was a necessary hit to take for a much greater good. He's definitely putting himself way out there, though. If he doesn't make some high quality moves with this cap space then there will officially be reason to seriously doubt his capabilities.

• Premium Member

I bought into the Ferry knows something shtick last year and not buying into it again this year. 

Again it's nothing but HOPE to pacify the masses... until we're left at the front door again while the real contenders are getting their whistles wet.

Just pure speculation here, but it could be a sign and trade deal with Houston for Parsons to clear cap for them to sign LeBron and/or Melo.

I guess you're not gonna get it.  But I will never be exciting with pissing away assets. Whether that's via making a mistake in drafting him in the 1st place or not getting enough for him now in trade or not giving him time to develop. It's a lost asset point blank no matter how it's spun.

I do get it. I just don;t value Bebe as much as you do. Lou is done in my book and we needed money. From my point of view, Bebe was an interesting selection but the odds of him ever making a starting player contribution are slim and none. Thats not a slight on just Bebe, thats my opinion of most of last seasons draft.

Edited by Buzzard

I honestly think the trade isn't great from a value standpoint (Tavares helps ease the blow), but this FA class is way more loaded than expected with the additions of Lebron, Melo and others.

On top of that, the competitive teams with cap space? Us, Phoenix, Dallas, Cleveland. Houston and Chicago could join us if they make some moves.

We're the best team in the weak Eastern with close to max cap space, Chicago has to give up a TON of assets to get to our level of cap. Let's give it some time, if we sign Melo/Bron or a pair of good players this deal will look much better.

As an aside, don't trust any of this crap from reporters. They make ish up all the time.

Just pure speculation here, but it could be a sign and trade deal with Houston for Parsons to clear cap for them to sign LeBron and/or Melo.

I guess going home with the ugly chick at the end of the night is better than nothing. 

I honestly think the trade isn't great from a value standpoint (Tavares helps ease the blow), but this FA class is way more loaded than expected with the additions of Lebron, Melo and others.

On top of that, the competitive teams with cap space? Us, Phoenix, Dallas, Cleveland. Houston and Chicago could join us if they make some moves.

We're the best team in the weak Eastern with close to max cap space, Chicago has to give up a TON of assets to get to our level of cap. Let's give it some time, if we sign Melo/Bron or a pair of good players this deal will look much better.

As an aside, don't trust any of this crap from reporters. They make ish up all the time.

You're forgetting Miami with over 50 million in cap space and the extreme likelihood of retaining their stars. 

• Like 2

You're forgetting Miami with over 50 million in cap space and the extreme likelihood of retaining their stars.

And if not theirs, somebody else's. If LeBron signs elsewhere, they aren't just going to say "oh well. We tried. Throw in the towel"

• Like 2

I do get it. I just don;t value Bebe as much as you do. Lou is done in my book and we needed money. From my point of view, Bebe was an interesting selection but the odds of him ever making a starting player contribution are slim and none. Thats not a slight on just Bebe, thats my opinion of most of last seasons draft.

Stop thinking of it as Bebe. I value the asset that Bebe is/was.  If it helps then think of the multiple guys who could start for us this year that we could have had in last years draft instead of Bebe. 

I'll go on the record and say this transaction is going to land us either Deng, Hayward or Parsons.  Imagine either one of those players in the sf position,    Teague---Korver----SF from the list above----Millsap-----Horford with Antić, Payne, Schröder, Carroll, Jenkins.  That's a pretty nice team.  I just have to believe one of those free agents is coming here.  I'm not pretending that Melo or James is even a remote possibility.  In fact, I don't want Melo so those other guys are better to me anyway even if they aren't "superstars."

• Like 2

Yeah you do. Williams had value. Bebe had value. You don't just piss away assets for cap space and not do anything with it.

Not only that but piss away assets to an up and coming team that could be a playoff rival for years to come. What if Lou shows hes healthy next year and goes back to his 6 man of the year ways. What if Bebe developes for them?

• Like 3