• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

As someone mentioned above, why would the Toronto GM trade for him if something were wrong with his knees

Well for one, all it cost them was a player they were going to waive anyway.

For two, did you see who they drafted with their 1st rounder?

Like many (most?) of you I'm bummed that Bebe is gone.

But really, people... what the hell do we know? Like what do we message board posters ACTUALLY know? Anything? At all?

As far as we know, Bebe could have been a goner six months ago. Ferry could be in phase 7 of some long master plan right this minute. Drafting Edy didn't set off any alarms, but maybe it should have if we actually knew anything. Same for Lou. Given the fact none of us know the full extent of his medical condition we have no way of knowing whether he'll continue to suck and erode his trade value. We. Know. NOTHING. Our front office knows though. So maybe we should wait and see?

Hairydawgz you don't count for purposes of the point I'm trying to make. :laugh:

• Like 1

I'll go on the record and say this transaction is going to land us either Deng, Hayward or Parsons.  Imagine either one of those players in the sf position,    Teague---Korver----SF from the list above----Millsap-----Horford with Antić, Payne, Schröder, Carroll, Jenkins.  That's a pretty nice team.  I just have to believe one of those free agents is coming here.  I'm not pretending that Melo or James is even a remote possibility.  In fact, I don't want Melo so those other guys are better to me anyway even if they aren't "superstars."

Do you feel good about Ferry feeling like he needed to clear this much money to sign one of those guys who are going to get vastly overpaid?  You're gonna have Lebron getting like 17 million next year and Parsons or Hayward likely getting 12-14. 

I'll go on the record and say this transaction is going to land us either Deng, Hayward or Parsons.  Imagine either one of those players in the sf position,    Teague---Korver----SF from the list above----Millsap-----Horford with Antić, Payne, Schröder, Carroll, Jenkins.  That's a pretty nice team.  I just have to believe one of those free agents is coming here.  I'm not pretending that Melo or James is even a remote possibility.  In fact, I don't want Melo so those other guys are better to me anyway even if they aren't "superstars."

We were already in position to go after those guys though.

• Like 3

Well for one, all it cost them was a player they were going to waive anyway.

For two, did you see who they drafted with their 1st rounder?

Nope didn't follow the Toronto draft.  But I'm guessing that Salmons contract is pretty valuable so I highly doubt he'd have traded him to a team knowing the best prospect in the trade going to them was damaged.

• Like 1

I assumed we already had enough cap room to land one of them.

Nope didn't follow the Toronto draft.  But I'm guessing that Salmons contract is pretty valuable so I highly doubt he'd have traded him to a team knowing the best prospect in the trade going to them was damaged.

That type of twitter talk is the shit that pisses me off. That DeSean shit really pissed me off. I hate when ppl say reckless shit.

I assumed we already had enough cap room to land one of them.

We did have enough to give them what they are truly worth. We would have had about 9 million to play with without this trade. We still only have about $15 million to work with which is not getting you a superstar.

Only way we get Parsons is to overpay and that is what anything over 9 million is for this team. A first and an expiring to overpay a player is still not good.

Parsons is not worth more than 10 mil much less overpaying. He's not even a system fit. He likes to iso to score unless he's shooting and what not. Easy pass.

Well you know what happens when you assume...  You make an a$$ out of you and Ferry.

So basically your saying you want to make either Parsons, Deng or Heyward the highest paid Hawk. Makes perfect sense to me lmmfao.

Parsons is not worth more than 10 mil much less overpaying. He's not even a system fit. He likes to iso to score unless he's shooting and what not. Easy pass.

9 million IMO, don't think he will be more valuable than Sap. 10 is a slight overpay. We still need another trade.

For better or worse, all I know is Ferry wanted to be more of a player in free agency THIS offseason.  That makes the next few weeks more interesting for me as a fan.  

We can't win the free agency game if we aren't in it.  Now we at least have a chance.  

So basically your saying you want to make either Parsons, Deng or Heyward the highest paid Hawk. Makes perfect sense to me lmmfao.

Well I don't want to do that.  I just wanted to make a sardonic twist on an old colloquialism...